Reviews for A Gem of a Soul
Hellysion chapter 30 . 8/3/2012
Hate Faith...very much.
Litalove chapter 30 . 8/3/2012
I can't wait for the next chapter
ladymirth chapter 30 . 8/3/2012
So he's...not getting a soul? Might still get a soul? Can still get Buffy to forgive him without one? Aaargh, why must you kill me with this suspense?!

I love your updating frequency, though! I did a small happy dance when I saw this chapter was up. \o/ :)
ladymirth chapter 29 . 8/2/2012
Wow! I have not enjoyed a Spuffy story this much since Knifeedge's DUST, or even Barb's Spuffy stories. What all three of you have in common is that unlike the vast majority of Spuffy writers you don't sugar-coat what he is. Yes, he has a way of focusing on the object of his devotion to the utter exclusion of all else in a way that makes red-blooded woman swoon, and he can do the hurt-puppy thing even better than Angel can. But without a soul, he's a monster who wouldn't think twice about rape, torture and murder. He's a bundle of contradictions that makes him fascinating as a character, which is also part of why Spuffy is so fascinating for me. Spike and Buffy trying to be together is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole and yet they try and try and get it just a little bit right and a lot wrong every time and yet neither of them can leave the other alone.

I love Spike in his every incarnation, but I'm one of the fans to whom Spike's soul in very important in terms of Spuffy. Without it, there is an intrinsic inequality in the relationship, because without a soul Spike has no empathy, no conscience, no repentence and no control - he's just another (if rather unique) monster who's aping being human. And while I completely understand Buffy's emotional dependence on and sexual attraction for Spike during the darkest time of her life, forgetting that there's a very good reason why vampires are dangerous and betraying her calling like that was destructive for her personally and unjustifiable in the long-term. That's why I really like how hard your Buffy tries to keep her libido and her feelings from interfering with what she knows is right.

I have learned to appreciate Spuffy stories that don't put as much stock in Joss-verse souls as much as I do, as long as they are well-written. But I really hope that you decide to make Spike get his soul in the end, or at least DEAL with the very tangible problems it presents to a Spuffy relationship if he doesn't. Barb Cumming's Joss-verse interpretation is very different from mine, but what I love about her writing is that she deals consistently and continously with Spike's intrinsically demonic nature and the differences between the souled vs the unsouled. Most spuffy writers take the following routes:1) "look at how hard he's trying, poor little puppy, how can you hold 120 years of murdering men, women and children for fun against him, Buffy is such a sanctimonious bitch", 2) "remorse is for wussies like Angel, pfft people with souls murder all the time" and 3) "this souls business is just Watcher's Council claptrap to encourage racism, let us move on". They all drive me up the friggin' wall. It feels like lazy writing.

You've done a great job of keeping me hooked for 29 chapters (and another 48 to come! Whee!) and I'm trusting that you're going to keep on the way you're going and come up with some rational, believable way they can have something that resembles a non-destructive, healthy relationship. Also, I think you're writing skills are on par with Eurydice (a high compliment, because how much do I love her stories?) and you have the potential to be an even better Spuffy writer because when I read your story, I actually recognize the characters from the show.
Seapea chapter 29 . 7/31/2012
Oh, so sad for both of them. Spike should know what he needs to do now.
rororogers chapter 29 . 7/31/2012
Ouch ... but as much as I liked the chapter, even an evil Spike would have realized that was not Buffy.
Litalove chapter 29 . 7/31/2012
Oh damn that switch body thing Fairh pulled on Buffy and now Spike definitely got kicked to the curb. I can't wait for the next chapter! :) I wonder what Spike will do now
Wolfie chapter 28 . 7/31/2012
Oof, I need to brush up on my Buffy. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Also, do you have some sort of update schedule or is it just when you find time or what? Just curious.
themadara'slittlesister chapter 28 . 7/30/2012
i hate riley alot and great chapter
Hellysion chapter 28 . 7/30/2012
Im looking forward to read what you have planned for Spikes soul (thats my favorite season in the BtS series).
shadow chapter 28 . 7/29/2012
love it please update soon
SpiderAndPhantom chapter 28 . 7/29/2012
God damn you and your fucking amazing story and the update that has teased the hell out of me! Please for the love of god update and get that fucking nancy boy) ou of there. (mind my language I'm just psyched about your story)! Wow it's amazing please be a fast update maybe an extra one now hint hint wink wink. ;)
je'wella19 chapter 27 . 7/28/2012
every update makes me want to read the next chapter even more than the previous chapter did. please keep up the good work, cuz id hate for this to become another great but discontinued fic
themadara'slittlesister chapter 27 . 7/27/2012
they need to stop give spike a hard time beside angelus is 100000000x worse than spike
Litalove chapter 27 . 7/27/2012
Loved the new chapter. Ugh never really liked the commandos but at least Spikes there to help and protect them :))
361 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 .. Last Next »