Reviews for A Gem of a Soul
Litalove chapter 32 . 8/7/2012
Oh Buffy needs to realize she needs a little monster in her man! Loved the new chapter :)
RedHead023 chapter 32 . 8/7/2012
Every time I see you've posted a new chapter a little squeal comes out. Love the story! I love that the characters still feel like who they were on the show. Spike is still rough. You don't try and make him fluffy, I love it! I'd review more often but I read each chapter on my phone immediately, regardless of what I'm supposed to be doing.
ladymirth chapter 31 . 8/6/2012
I don't care how much he loves her. If Buffy ever forgives him and takes him back after all these women he's murdered, I don't think I'll ever be able to forgive *Buffy*.
Hellysion chapter 31 . 8/6/2012
Puiiiiiiiiii T_T
Crystal2913 chapter 30 . 8/3/2012
Please get them back together soon. Spike is so sad...
Seapea chapter 30 . 8/3/2012
Spike is who he is. I can't argue with Buffy about breaking it off; I think it was necessary. She couldn't trust him. But the way Spike can love, he needs someone in his life. It's a sad situation.

Bring on Part 3!
Alottalove chapter 30 . 8/3/2012
A great conclusion to part 2. Can't wait to see whats next.
Hellysion chapter 30 . 8/3/2012
Hate Faith...very much.
Litalove chapter 30 . 8/3/2012
I can't wait for the next chapter
ladymirth chapter 30 . 8/3/2012
So he's...not getting a soul? Might still get a soul? Can still get Buffy to forgive him without one? Aaargh, why must you kill me with this suspense?!

I love your updating frequency, though! I did a small happy dance when I saw this chapter was up. \o/ :)
ladymirth chapter 29 . 8/2/2012
Wow! I have not enjoyed a Spuffy story this much since Knifeedge's DUST, or even Barb's Spuffy stories. What all three of you have in common is that unlike the vast majority of Spuffy writers you don't sugar-coat what he is. Yes, he has a way of focusing on the object of his devotion to the utter exclusion of all else in a way that makes red-blooded woman swoon, and he can do the hurt-puppy thing even better than Angel can. But without a soul, he's a monster who wouldn't think twice about rape, torture and murder. He's a bundle of contradictions that makes him fascinating as a character, which is also part of why Spuffy is so fascinating for me. Spike and Buffy trying to be together is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole and yet they try and try and get it just a little bit right and a lot wrong every time and yet neither of them can leave the other alone.

I love Spike in his every incarnation, but I'm one of the fans to whom Spike's soul in very important in terms of Spuffy. Without it, there is an intrinsic inequality in the relationship, because without a soul Spike has no empathy, no conscience, no repentence and no control - he's just another (if rather unique) monster who's aping being human. And while I completely understand Buffy's emotional dependence on and sexual attraction for Spike during the darkest time of her life, forgetting that there's a very good reason why vampires are dangerous and betraying her calling like that was destructive for her personally and unjustifiable in the long-term. That's why I really like how hard your Buffy tries to keep her libido and her feelings from interfering with what she knows is right.

I have learned to appreciate Spuffy stories that don't put as much stock in Joss-verse souls as much as I do, as long as they are well-written. But I really hope that you decide to make Spike get his soul in the end, or at least DEAL with the very tangible problems it presents to a Spuffy relationship if he doesn't. Barb Cumming's Joss-verse interpretation is very different from mine, but what I love about her writing is that she deals consistently and continously with Spike's intrinsically demonic nature and the differences between the souled vs the unsouled. Most spuffy writers take the following routes:1) "look at how hard he's trying, poor little puppy, how can you hold 120 years of murdering men, women and children for fun against him, Buffy is such a sanctimonious bitch", 2) "remorse is for wussies like Angel, pfft people with souls murder all the time" and 3) "this souls business is just Watcher's Council claptrap to encourage racism, let us move on". They all drive me up the friggin' wall. It feels like lazy writing.

You've done a great job of keeping me hooked for 29 chapters (and another 48 to come! Whee!) and I'm trusting that you're going to keep on the way you're going and come up with some rational, believable way they can have something that resembles a non-destructive, healthy relationship. Also, I think you're writing skills are on par with Eurydice (a high compliment, because how much do I love her stories?) and you have the potential to be an even better Spuffy writer because when I read your story, I actually recognize the characters from the show.
Seapea chapter 29 . 7/31/2012
Oh, so sad for both of them. Spike should know what he needs to do now.
rororogers chapter 29 . 7/31/2012
Ouch ... but as much as I liked the chapter, even an evil Spike would have realized that was not Buffy.
Litalove chapter 29 . 7/31/2012
Oh damn that switch body thing Fairh pulled on Buffy and now Spike definitely got kicked to the curb. I can't wait for the next chapter! :) I wonder what Spike will do now
Wolfie chapter 28 . 7/31/2012
Oof, I need to brush up on my Buffy. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Also, do you have some sort of update schedule or is it just when you find time or what? Just curious.
368 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 .. Last Next »