Reviews for A Gem of a Soul
cavemenftw chapter 23 . 3/18/2013
Please please disregard any review made under the influences of pain meds, I.E. That last one. I am afraid said meds make me extremely ummm short fused? That might be the right term.

Anyway, The problem I had is still there, but it just really wasn't a big deal.
So sorry I came off as a whiny tween.
cavemenftw chapter 22 . 3/17/2013
Hmmm, Riley. I usually put up with him during season 4 and 5 stories despite the fact that I found him to be the most lacking character in the whole show, but I can't buy it here. Buffy should be in an entirely different headspace because of the ordeal she's gone through and now it feels like she's done a character flip. She's acting normal, as in no repercussions what so ever. I just can't buy it.

I had a little trouble with how quickly she empathized with Spike as well, and I wish I had commented as I went now, but I was interested and devouring, I feel like it would explain more clearly my thinking if I had. It was the attack on Buffy by the humans that allowed me to settle into your story though. While I could soldier on earlier, I don't like Riley enough to just power through.

I've only read the opening of the chapter but I'll just say thanks for all your hard work and leave it here.
spihh110 chapter 29 . 2/28/2013
LOL you know, everytime you WARN that Spike's really bad in this fanfic I get all 'omg will this chapter be that bad?' (cuz I'm a silly fangirl who likes him good, and likes him bad too but with balance) but in the end I simply don't think he's THAT bad lol. I just thought he was a bit gross in the beginning, with slapping his c*** in her cheek and jerking off in her face... xD BUT that's totally Spike too.
I'm really liking this fic, I had it on my bookmarks for a long time and yesterday I decided it was time to read it... Can't stop since! It's been months since I last read a fanfic, and yours was a good reintroduction to the hobby 3 I think you can really make the characters believable, real, like in the TV Show. Even though I sometimes enjoy reading a fic that portraits an all fluffly Spuffy (specially when I'm needy lol), this kind of stuff gets reaaal boring over time... cheezy, even. So I like how you balanced the good/evil in Spike and I'm looking forward to reading more :) Lucky me it's complete! :D I'll post another review to tell you my opinion on the end of all this... :D
Sxyblondgrl95 chapter 72 . 2/18/2013
Loved this entire story...best spuffy ever!
Nonnikie chapter 23 . 2/5/2013
Is this is a piece of awesomeness or what! :D I decided to wait to comment until I had read the whole story and because of that I've already missed the opportunity to point out a lot of smaller details that have made me marvel this far, so I’ll have to stick to the basic stuff in this review. The best thing about this story is that there is so little fluff. I can understand that so many want to write stories about a good Spike and your statement before one of the earlier chapters: "James Marsters plays a hurt Spike so beautifully that we all want to hug him and slap her" is very true. But I totally agree with you that even if he is sexy as hell and has a lot of good sides left in him, he still has been really, really evil for a very, very long time. You can't snap your fingers and pretend all that murdering and all those violations he committed didn't happen. He will have to carry the weight of his actions for the rest of his existence. But in the show the love still was so obviously real (Sigh!) but never really consummated. While still very much in line with the general feel of the show, this story gives us more of that so many of us were craving for. I am very curious of how you will let this story end as you seem to have a healthy and down to earth attitude towards the general settings, what with Spike’s history and all. It’s still very romantic, spine shivering thrilling and very well written. You also handle the sex extremely well. It’s outspoken without being vulgar and adult in the best possible sense. It’s mature, surprising, exiting and just the right amount of it. The shocking interruption of the love scene in NY where Drusilla (briefly) entered the story made me gasp out loud. You have a wonderfully firm grip on this story and I’m probably not the only reader to feel hooked: it’s a real page-turner and the optimal guilty pleasure. In other words: I absolutely love this story and I am very happy that it is complete. That means that I can read the whole story without interruptions - and now back to doing just that.
Guest chapter 11 . 1/26/2013
Gyahhh, I love this so muchhhhh. You're fabulous, a very talented writer, and you've got the whole writing-from-Spike's-perspective thing down pat. Thank you for writing this, I love it! :D
cosmiclove chapter 60 . 1/23/2013
I love this story :)
Elza C. Boe chapter 73 . 1/17/2013
love it ... Spike is just so... can't find a word for his level of awesomnes :P ...
commando666 chapter 73 . 1/14/2013
Sides the fact that u may be a little evil I liked the story lots it was like reading the show
commando666 chapter 72 . 1/14/2013
Haha angel loser
commando666 chapter 58 . 1/14/2013
Lol cool
commando666 chapter 55 . 1/14/2013
Satan is that u ? Lol ur evil u do know that right
commando666 chapter 50 . 1/13/2013
Haha poor Giles hebmay have watch Buffy bone spike
commando666 chapter 49 . 1/13/2013
Season 9 is much better then season 8 more spuffyness but did like Buffy being all super slayer for a while kinda wish they let her keep her flying powers

And the gang calling and singing very weird but guessing it is maken fun of the musical ep
commando666 chapter 48 . 1/13/2013
Nooooo u evil evil person you :-)
341 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »