Reviews for Of Stained Glass Roses and Shattered Dreams
thedoctorsgirl42 chapter 5 . 6/25/2012
AWESOME! Just awesome :D I love that Gold's response is to tell her she's "so incredibly brave" instead of sterotyping her. This story just gets more interesting every chapter and well it was awesome to start off with :)
becca chapter 5 . 6/24/2012
Ticked off at the fairies for spying on Rum when he was crying. Meddlesome fairies can be as much trouble as dark magicians! Poor Rum! Crying like that...already infatuated. Love how he surprised Belle with his words and courtly kiss, and that last sentence was very powerful! Look forward to reading more!
oursolemnhour49 chapter 5 . 6/24/2012
I laughed at Belle's thoughts at the end (I may or may not have gone through a similar phase with Gold/Carlyle... though it's more his accent than anything else that does it for me) And I love the idea of the house having it's own independent magic. I can't wait to see how the magic system in this story works; it seems intricate and very cool :)
Reading-in-the-Corner chapter 5 . 6/24/2012
My friend recommended this story to me and i'm loving so far! i cant wait to see the future chapters! xD

it's diffrent from the usually rumbelle fanfics that i come across, and I'm really enjoying reading this :)

Thank you for sharing this with everyone D
PrincessTiannah chapter 5 . 6/24/2012
Brilliant chapter, you just leave me wanting more more more!
prttykitty7728 chapter 5 . 6/24/2012
Loved it! :)
Shahrezad1 chapter 4 . 6/23/2012
-cackles- I suddenly recognized your chapter title. XD Oh you devious, devious author, you. _

The way that you've described the library sounds reminiscent of its movie interpretation while being wonderfully daunting, task wise. I suppose that the best thing that will come of the whole situation will be that 1. the library is now clean and useable and 2. everything else will seem easy in comparison. ;

And to answer her unspoken question, I have no idea how to clean wooden floors. Possibly by waxing them? Or isn't there some kind of wood polish or something? -shrugs-

I'm glad that we got a bit of an explanation regarding her scars, and I'm absurdly glad that her stepmother was a good woman that she tried to protect, instead of being horrible as well. Having both of them cause distress to her would be a bit too much for anyone to handle.

And the way that you've portrayed both of her parents shows that she does love them, despite everything. A complicated situation that requires delicate managing.

Speaking of managing, the 5-way conversation between Gold and the rest was interesting. I enjoyed the fact that they were more set for balance for all of their sakes than for the gain and loss of one over the other. It makes more sense this way, particularly in light of the fact that imbalance would cause a teetertotter problem for them.

His commentary on alcohol magic was also particularly enlightening...

And I'm enjoying the fact that Belle and the house are, indeed, communicating. XD And that it apparently enjoys helping her get into Gold's good graces, food-wise. -laughs-
Moonspring chapter 2 . 6/23/2012
The house reminds me of the TARDIS. Just thought I'd mention it. :P

Anyway, love rading this, and loooking forward to chapter 5!
PrincessTiannah chapter 4 . 6/23/2012
*claps* Squee, excellent chapter, really really love this story.
Shahrezad1 chapter 3 . 6/23/2012
I very much enjoyed this. Gold made the first move, and it was one bound by curiosity plus the need to observe her and delve into her situation. She had nothing to really fear, thankfully, and he was offering her everything she needs. Which did and may continue to set off some bells for her. It all depends on what kind of magic our dear Rumpel gets into through his deal-making. I also enjoyed how completely oblivious he is to Maleficent and Regina’s shenanigans at this point, as well.

The gigantic mansion you’ve created is a delightful little replacement for his pink house, and I’m absolutely delighted that you retained the stain-glass features we’re familiar with! Also, the details regarding the rooms, such as the butterfly-themed one and Belle’s Rose Room, were a delight to read about (especially as someone who waits for her interior decorating magazines with eagerness).

The job that he offered to her is very much reminiscent of the references you mentioned (those blasted room turn-arounds. Please don’t tell me the paintings are going to start changing on her, too. XD), but it also strongly reminded me of the book, “Fire Rose,” by Mercedes Lackey. It features a similar train ride, an isolated destination, and scholarly pursuits. You might want to take it up, if you get the chance. It’s one of my favorites, although, “Serpent’s Shadow,” a Snow White retailing, is much better. ;-)

Also, yay for books! :D I quite emphatically approve of her choice to work on that project first.

Cheers for an interesting, creative chapter.
becca chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
Very. cool. AU! LOVE how the house shows that it likes her, and how Rumple choked on his soup over it! It's so funny how Belle thinks he needs to get out more...she has no idea why half of what she says to him is so astonishing! And if Belle's Dad is from one of these newer magical bloodlines, is that why he's such a horrible drunk, since alcohol and magic don't mix? Look forward to reading more!
thedoctorsgirl42 chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
I love it. Especially this line "The bloody house likes her." Totally awesome as always :D

PS Enjoy your camping trip :)
prttykitty7728 chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
I really starting to enjoythe story! Can't wait for the next chapter!
tigger64 chapter 4 . 6/22/2012
I don't know what's more intriguing, the house or Mr. Gold! Keep up the great work.
Androsama chapter 3 . 6/22/2012
What a chapter! I love it. I love how you wrote the whole house. West Wing? It reminds me of the Disney's Beauty and the Beast movie. And I love the big library. I think, Belle will be happy here, if she won't go to the West Wing. But I have a feeling, she will.
223 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 Next »