Reviews for Sooner
Firebird Scratches chapter 1 . 2/11
Mm. Tough, tough, tough. Man this is a lot to put on a teenager. But that's the life they live. Splinter knew they'd need to be able to defend themselves, I mean, they were literally just standing there minding their own business. :sigh: Poor Raph. More than a kid should have to deal with.
Scar of hope chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
I wept for this. I work at an animal hospital in my BFE town, and sometimes we have to put animals down. I know it's not the same as killing a person, and I hope I never have an oppurtunity to compare, but here you've perfectly captured the combination of guilt and relief. very well written.
Queequegg chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Wow! I just discovered your stuff and it is amazing! Your characters are so real and full of depth and your stories deal with genuine emotions. This was fantastic! Another piece that leaves me loving Raph even more. And Splinter's "Irish tea" was great!
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 4/8/2013
Awesome story. I really liked it and how Splinter talked to Raph about the whole thing. I can see Raph feeling this way about it and how close he was to losing his brother. Splinter is a sneaky father for allowing alcohol, though I guess sometimes it can be good for some things. I liked the talk with Leo at the end, too. It was very well done. Nicely done on this, Kame. I loved it.

The Bubbly One,
Shell
BeatrixMcGuffrey chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
...baby Raph... 0_0 I just wanted to squeeze him and bake him cookies and tell him it was gonna be ok...
SleepingSeeker chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Wow! This was simply fantastic. You captured so much in this piece. I'm really impressed. I love the take on Raphael's feelings being that he hesitated, I love that he'd kill anyone and everyone if it meant keeping his loved ones safe. I come from a whole family of people who think like that, and while it's endearing, it is a bit scary when you step back and consider the implications.

You made Raphael's internal struggle relatable and understandable. You gave Leonardo depth. I loved this. Well done!
Eternal Headache chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Wow, very well written!
Rosie White chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
Very powerful story and I think you handled it very well. I like how Splinter realized that there is no easy way to teach Raph this lesson and I like that he and Leo found some sort of common ground. Over all, it was excellent. I especially like how you made Raph so vulnerable and yet...still himself? If that makes any sense at all.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. Excellent story.
Drunken Boxer chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
This is a fantastic story. In addition to Splinter spiking the tea (brilliant ploy on his part), this is a very insightful piece into the psyches of the turtles, and their roles as brothers. Especially touching was the last conversation between Raph and Leo. It's good to see how they can be so similar despite the very blaring differences often portrayed. Well done.
meganechan720 chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
A hard topic, and beautifully done.
Mainframe chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Wow.

Fantastic! Great subject matter too.

Plus. It's Raph centered - win-win.

As far as fic's go this little number goes straight to the top of my fav list. It's short, to the point covers the entire gambit of emotional actions and reactions in character (no mean feet). You write one of the best Splinter's I've ever read and the different thought processes of Leo and Raph goes without saying (but I will) they're top notch- on the money - perfect characterisation.

It was lovely to see that this was "the moment" that subtly changed the course, and thought process, of Raph's role in the unit. Splinters frustration and even fear for his son was palpable towards the end there. Brilliant.

Leo's "thank you", well it was in character for an inexperienced teen Leo, but I felt myself cringe when I read it - Raph's reaction was totally believable - that is NOT something you thank your brother for. Very nicely done.

Many thanks, I've missed your writing. 3
greshunkai chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
a beautifully written piece of work! really appreciated the "Irish" in the tea! "Malt does more than Milton can, to justify God's ways to man." & turtles!

a most enjoyable read, gratitude! Thank you! the tiniest nit-pickery, if I may? "right of passage" ? could be a play on the (word) phrase..well chosen if so..but the correct form is "rite of passage"... (spell-check fouls the best of us)but again, my thanks for a deliciously constructed story!
Leradomi chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
I am actually working on a piece similar to this, It has four chapters where each one explores the time where each brother had to take a life.

nicely done