Reviews for The Serpentine Subterfuge
lives up to all expectations. interesting that rigel still believes she can just walk away from her life without anyone noticing, tho. it shows that she does not really understand the impact she has had on her friends or even on the wizarding world. poor archie, having to deal with the side effects of his cousin's absolutely ridiculous antics and luck. He is going to have a really hard time readjusting once he gets his life back. Also, the last line was so ominous and definitely sets the tone for the next 'book'.

Thanks for writing, I hope I've conveyed a little of my appreciation for this fic.
Ma13 chapter 14 . 1/8
This is the best. I love Harry Potter and I love the Lioness Quartet. You fuse them seamlessly. Just... wow.
Killerfuzzel chapter 6 . 12/21/2016
Hello!
Just saw that Hermione describes Archie's eyes as silvery grey in this chapter when they are supposed green right now.
quicksilvergold chapter 14 . 12/18/2016
Wow, that was a super long chapter. I used to think 5000 words was long, and I'd be ever-so-proud upon reaching that number, but you have certainly changed that. Congratulations, both on the chapter and reaching the end zone of grad school, by the way. It was amazing, and gorily descriptive. I really liked the bonding with Draco, and him understanding just how terrible the ordeal was despite the fact that Rigel isn't likely to ever bring it up again.
quicksilvergold chapter 13 . 12/18/2016
Wow, Parvati is mean. That whole chase down the halls (if the basilisk was actually chasing Rigel) was pretty scary, and then there was Selwyn's attack that Rigel managed to ward off for a good while even without her wand! Nice chapter, and I appreciated the sympathy for Myrtle. Too often people just write her off as annoying and unnecessary, but she really is quite the sad character.
quicksilvergold chapter 12 . 12/18/2016
I actually kind of like Rosier, weird as that may be. He ends up acting kind of creepy (in Rigel's view, what with all the unnecessary staring and touching), but he's pretty nice when being serious. And Rigel's reactions are definitely suspicious, I suppose. One might assume things ;)
quicksilvergold chapter 11 . 12/17/2016
I hate how quickly people are to judge other people, and this chapter kind of brought that up again. It's understandable that they're wary — after all, there is something petrifying students — but all it takes are minor coincidences for the major student population to just turn on Rigel, and that's really sad. As was mentioned, why would she go through the trouble of saving so many kids and revealing an ability probably no one else has just to turn around and start striking THE SAME KIDS down? It's a disappointingly realistic reaction, however, because common sense doesn't seem all too powerful in people now-a-days. It's easier to unreasonably blame someone than to have no one to blame at all. You captured that extremely well, showing how even though Rigel is the one to alert teachers, the students still completely blame her. Even Professor Sprout, though she stopped that line of thought quickly enough. So, nice job there.
quicksilvergold chapter 10 . 12/12/2016
Caelum is both like-able and not to me. He pleases my vindictive side whenever Rigel/Harry gets back at him, but he's also a really irritating brat. I don't know how other people see it, but that's my view.

On a different note, I thought Rigel was actually going to be sick and I was thinking, 'Aw, me too. Being sick sucks doesn't it?' But then it turned out to just be her first period. Did you know not many people like to include periods and sickness? Lots of writers seem to believe in super healthy characters. So, good job including that ;)
quicksilvergold chapter 9 . 12/12/2016
Regulus gets along with Sirius the way my brothers get along, although the elder and younger roles are swapped. So it's totally understandable just how nasty and mean Regulus can be, even though he might not 'mean' to be so mean (you never know how much is on purpose). Nice job with the dancing scene, although based off of future happenings I am under the impression Rigel gets better at dancing. (Is my mind playing tricks on me?) Loved the chapter, as usual.
quicksilvergold chapter 8 . 12/12/2016
Poor Mrs. Norris . . . Poor Filch . . . Poor kittens :(
Nice job moving on from the gore, though. And yay for fatherly Snape! I do wonder what he will do when he figures out Rigel's secrets.
quicksilvergold chapter 7 . 12/12/2016
I wonder if it's possible to get hurt after being petrified, or if it would just take extreme force or be like carving. That came out a little gruesome. Hmm. My bad. Still, it begs to wonder.

I love the banter, and Snape's overprotectiveness of Rigel is amusing as well. Lovely chapter overall!
quicksilvergold chapter 6 . 12/12/2016
Poor Neville. I wonder what happened to him. Cute interlude with Hermione, by the way. The differences between Hogwarts and AIM was interesting as well.
quicksilvergold chapter 5 . 12/11/2016
Do you ever wonder about the significance of Halloween and why Rowling chose it for major events? I've never really questioned that before, somehow, although I suppose the timing within the school year does make it a good time to start the main plot of the year officially and all that. Hmm. In any case, Halloween is always exciting. I guess it makes up for the fact that they don't dress up.

Lovely chapter, as always. Snape's discovery of Rigel's 'difference of ideas' with Sirius was suitably intense. Sometimes, it's easy to forget that Sirius is her 'father' for a lot of people, especially for Snape who probably WANTS to forget. It also adds character to Harry, because while Archie may not have those specific problems of opinion with his dad, Harry does with hers. She may not actually feel pressured to prank in order to not disappoint James, but there is probably some element like that somewhere in her life, because she doesn't always just try to ignore whenever her father is disappointed. So, nicely done.
quicksilvergold chapter 4 . 12/11/2016
Ginny has a very different character when she doesn't have a crush on Harry. Wow.

The addition of more Flint is never bad (yay, Quidditch!) and of course the twins are good. The reveal with the Parseltongue was a bit anticlimactic, but Rookwood and Rosier are enjoyable characters, so that's fine. On to the next chapter!
quicksilvergold chapter 3 . 12/11/2016
Baby unicorns are the cutest~ And don't worry about chapter length (although it is pretty crazy, I have a hard time even getting to 1000 words sometimes), it just means you are really into this story (which is a great thing because it means you'll probably stick with it).

Somehow, I find that I'm looking forward to what you make Lockhart do, because it promises to be funny (if not for Rigel). And Snape is amazing as ever! And Blaise is strange. I'm still trying to figure out what he is. Toodles~ (as Lockhart said, with the finger wave)
1,284 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »