Reviews for The Serpentine Subterfuge
Ari chapter 14 . 4/25
I know this was written a while ago, but I've just found it and it's fantastic. Love the twists to the story, particularly enjoy the magic and potions theory parts. Looking forward to the next bits. Not today though, since I had to stop at 4.30 this morning at chapter 13 and need to actually do some stuff - yesterday was spent reading. Brilliant.
Kell Shock chapter 14 . 4/25
You really need to split this chapter into at least two chapters. Like say split it when Rigel falls unconscious after being healed by the phoenix.
CrystallineX chapter 7 . 4/23
Isn't it 'petrification' instead of 'petrifaction'?
CrystallineX chapter 3 . 4/23
I thought Sirius was the one to volunteer at St Mungo's? And since Rosier thinks Rigel is actually a Black, wouldn't he say 'father' instead of 'surrogate uncle'?
Soraya the All Speaker chapter 14 . 4/20
Congratulations on making it through your final semester of grad school (three years late, but hey. I'm only just finishing my second). I had been wondering most of the way through this chapter why Rigel didn't tell Dumbledore about the Riddle bit, apart from just keeping things close to her chest, so thank you for answering that!

Onto the third!
Soraya the All Speaker chapter 11 . 4/19
My Naruto-sense-tingling-suspicions have been confirmed! This just keeps getting better and better.

Also I'm still loving this and the way you have Rigel struggling to keep control of so many threads, and starting to lose said control...
Soraya the All Speaker chapter 2 . 4/17
Why hello George and Co. That was wonderful and perfect and I applaud the use of the Lower City in HP-verse!
Wow I love Leo and totally ship him and Harry!
LLTIF chapter 14 . 3/27
Your series is amazing, I can't stop reading, making me stay up to ungodly hours of the night and get kind of depressed when I finish the "book", just glad there is third year to go. I haven't felt like this about a story for awhile. The story is very well written and thought out and not predictable.

I do have an account we are just having a disagreement righ now (won't let me login in from mobile device) the username is an anyone from above since it's too long to type in

Continuing writing,
~Living-Life-It's-Fullest
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 12 . 3/14
In the beginning of 13 (can't double review, so,)
"At first Rigel had thought Ginny meant letting some other sentient thing inside her head to take up residence there, and had rejected the idea because of the danger inherently present in such a solution,"

Was this foreshadowing, *over a book ahead*? :O
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 3 . 3/12
As a fit female myself, who remembers just starting out-would you be able to add just one word in, Violet? "Modified" pull-ups and push-ups. One with Harry's baseline fitness level would not be able to perform either, bare as they are, but there are "Muggle" machines to take a portion of your weight off, while still doing proper pull-up or chin-up form, and there are nigh-endless push-up variations, starting with push-ups against a wall, then on the ground on your knees instead of your feet, then the "normal" push-up, and there are further, more difficult variations.
It's just, it seemed like you were going for realism, and on this reread, I couldn't let it slide without saying something. It's hard (to, and during the) start out, and portraying it as easier than it is, rubbed me the wrong way.
I hope you take no offense! I don't mean to poke rudely or callously.
kimchi759 chapter 14 . 2/22
Hm. Well. I mean, it's not exactly subconsciously distrusting Draco, since Harry's magic has got a mind of its own, right? Annnd you addressed it later in the chapter with Snape. Never mind, hahaha.
But Snape is being so obstinant! If magic isn't sentient, how does Harry get magical cores of other people to let him in after he asks?
On another note, This is bad. I'm in danger. I'm starting to think Rosier is endearing, not just like him. Oh no. You're not going to kill him off, are you?
Another.Professional.Tragedist chapter 14 . 2/22
I love love love this series! Read the 2 so far in 1 day.
Now on to the next.
The only thing I have with it is this- if in this AU they only accept purebloods, then why is Snape there?
I love him but he is a half-blood so yeah. :o
Apart from that, perfect 3
kimchi759 chapter 13 . 2/22
Smh. Sometimes, or nearly all the time, Rigel can be incredibly dense. Also, unobservant. Blaise would've noticed bits and pieces a while back. But I suppose it's all part of Rigel's multifaceted, condtradicting charm.
I did want to point out that disliking touch is not always linked to abuse. It can just be an idiosyncratic aversion, and doesn't have to be 'fixed'.
And oooh, baby sister! Another reason to make sure Riddle doesn't get his way.
In a previous chapter, Harry recalled there being bad blood between James and Severus particularly because Severus had 'prior claim' on Lily, or something like that. Why is Harry so surprised by Snape and Lily's interaction now?
Also, I don't think Harry's actually horrible verbally speaking, but her verbal skills were at canon!1st-yr-Neville's level when speaking with Parvati. Oi vey. Parvati wasn't exactly being sensible (eg the hypocritical "Someone else to make everything okay?"), but Rigel kinda said all the wrong things.
That aside, is there a shortage of mandraka root? Why isn't the petrification being dealt with?
On yet another note, Alesana dressing down Parvati was the best (or at least the most satisfying) part of this chapter. Rigel never stands up for herself, just her potions and her friends. So yeeees to irritated Slytherin Head Girl chewing Parvati out.
Side note: Edmund and Alesana are precious and deserve their own story, even if it's just a one shot, if you ever have the time or inclination.
kimchi759 chapter 12 . 2/22
Good old Weasley Twins. Their genius goes ignored far too often, I tell you.
I was snickering while imagining the reaction of Lucius or Tom to being told parselmouth was being spoken to amuse children, or make them feel more comfortable around it. The indignity!
And again, THE TWINS. They would be invaluable to any political campaign, especially a smear campaign.
And Luna! And oh my goodness, I forgot about Flint. I wonder what he thinks of this sub being able to speak parseltongue.
I love the little ironic bits you put in here and there, too. Like when Draco suggested being mauled by a hippogriff or when Snape thanked Hary for not keeping the info to himself. L-o-l.
Also wondering...I almost wanted to say Aldon had unrequited feelings for Rookwood, but now I'm getting vibes of interest towards Rigel. Or does he suspect...? Naahh. I think he wants her. I just can't tell if the feelings are genuine or if they're based on curiosity. Or is he just curious is seeing her (and everyone else around her) reactions? Too bad Rigel is uninterested, either way. Poor kid. He seems to be lacking anything close to a healthy relationship in his life. Though, maybe his friendship with Edmund comes close? Eeeh.
CACKLING at Blaise's verbal blunder.
And intrigued by your author's note, though I can't help but wonder what Leo's doing atm.
1,230 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »