Reviews for The Serpentine Subterfuge
fundamental blue chapter 11 . 8/5
Kinda sad, like I said, 14 chapters 14 reviews to give!
fundamental blue chapter 10 . 8/5
Great chapter! Snape is well written in this fic.
fundamental blue chapter 9 . 8/5
It's funny that your last story was 20something chapters and now it's only 14! As for Harry not giving up secrets, I thought she should just make Draco swear on his magic, but then I realized you put things in about draco being uncomfortable with halfbloods which made it impossible for her to really say anything without losing her friends, even if they couldn't tell her secret.
fundamental blue chapter 8 . 8/5
Greengrass has always struck me as a little flat as a character, being so dumb as to make the criticisms she does, consistently and constantly. I mean, doesn't she get orders from her parents to be on good terms with others? I sort of wonder, though I know it all has a plausible explanation as for why she's not better at the game.
fundamental blue chapter 7 . 8/5
Great Chapter!
fundamental blue chapter 6 . 8/5
I wish Hermione was in the story more, but I am positive it's not doable given she's in america and friends with the secondary character. At least she's still in it tho!
fundamental blue chapter 5 . 8/5
Man lockhart is a creeper
fundamental blue chapter 4 . 8/5
I sort of would have thought Rigel to be more suspicious of Ginny overall about the "Him" thing she said, but the character has a noticeable tendency to live and let live to an extreme degree. It's kind of a huge issue overall that definitely manifests hardcore in the 3rd book. You'd think Rigel would have a life-changing realization that things are basically not going to leave you alone just because you asked nicely or left them alone. I suppose though that the character has to have some flaws, lol
fundamental blue chapter 3 . 8/5
I think it's neat that your chapters get longer and longer as you write.
fundamental blue chapter 2 . 8/5
Hope it doesn't bother you that I'm reviewing later. I just like to click next when there is a next if I like the story. Then I go back and review.
fundamental blue chapter 1 . 8/5
Onward! More reviewing!
Lady Elya chapter 6 . 8/5
What always annoys me in year two fics is that it's always super obvious to me that Ginny is acting suspiciously, but the characters are always oblivious. I'm not saying it's the author's fault, when you look at it from the characters' perspective it totally makes sense that they don't suspect her. But it still makes me want to hit every character over the head.

I love that you included Hermione, even if she's not the real Harry's friend. Her dynamic with Archie is also great - a bit different than the canon, but that's cause Archie and canon Harry are pretty different.

I think, if Archie ever told Hermione about the deception, that she'd probably help him, in the end. Probably much more readily than any of Rigel's friends. Even ignoring the whole blood politics thing, Archie pretty much only lied about his name to Hermione, while Rigel lied about much more. (though I think I remember that at some point Hermione starts believing Archie is a girl or something?)
bipocni chapter 2 . 8/5
I noticed in this one there's an implication Aled owes Leo a debt of some kind. Any chance of that rearing it's head again in the future? Abandoned plot point?

I only ask because it's not like you to include a moment like that and NOT have it be significant two or three books down the line. Seems intriguing, at the least.

Gosh, I notice something new every time I reread these.
Lady Elya chapter 5 . 8/5
Yeah, I was right, Snape does hate James more than Sirius. Still, since he accepted Rigel, he'd apparently accept Harry as well. It's so funny how surprised he is when he hears how "convoluted" Rigel and Harry's plans are, when in reality it is so much worse.

And I like your version of Blaise very much.
Lady Elya chapter 4 . 8/4
The chapter wasn't too episodic. Quite a few different stuff did happen, sure, but I think it fit well together.

I always like the beginning of term heads discussion, they are hilarious discussing the "Flint essay case". Although Snape might be close to figuring it out, which is not that bad.

Aand we see the first glimpses of the trouble with Ginny. Honestly, I don't remember how the plot in this book turns out at all, so it will definitely be an interesting read for me.
1,334 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »