Reviews for The Serpentine Subterfuge
Blank chapter 10 . 1/26/2013
I just realized I never sent in this review after I fell asleep typing it two weeks ago! Sorry this is so late.

I find the conversation between Rookwood and Rigel hilarious, because the romantic side to situations is one she quite thoroughly ignores whenever possible, even subconsciously. Rookwood's initial misinterpretation of her use of the word "wand" was well done as well.

The interaction with Lestrange was awesome, because he was so perfectly hatable, and the way she responded was so calculatedly impressive. I like that she defended her family even though it would inflame the situation, because it demonstrated the depth of her loyalty and love. I also like that her magic produced such an exacting response to her desire to rid herself of Lestrange. I wonder if the realization that her magic didn't run away with her vague command, which it certainly could have, will change her opinion on the control she has over it, and the potential for unintentional harm.

Her use of wandless magic in front of so many people was an interesting development, and I'm pleased they aren't saying anything about it to anyone, even Draco. It was a perfect point to make to Lestrange too, that she's dangerous and there's little he can do about it publicly.

I'm still not sure what to think about Regulus, but I'm looking forward to her proving how competent she can be, even if she isn't really the Black heir.

The interpretation of Bellatrix is excellent, because she somehow seems just as crazy and hatable, despite the more . . . relaxed setting of this story.

I loved Draco's point of view, and that she shared the secret of opening the common room with him. I think it's sweet that she shares things with her friends when she remembers to.

I'm interested to see how Rigel's friends' observations change how they look at her, despite her assurances that she is happy. I wonder what they think of her very un-slytherin desire to not make any connections, too.

I see she is beginning to have to deal with the biological differences of being female. I'm curious to see how the trials of hiding them change with magic in the equation.

I love her interaction with Snape, as always. I can't wait to see what they get up to.
Like, I literally cannot wait, so even though this review doesn't really get all the ideas I remember having across, I'm going to read the next chapter now. Suffice to say I thought it was a very well-written chapter.

Thanks for updating!
Corinne chapter 11 . 1/25/2013
Hi! I just wanted you to know how much I loves this story - you tell it so, so well. your characters are unique and interesting, and they all have distinct voices and personalities which, if not /strictly/ cannon, then at least plausible and realistic. Your grammar and spelling superb, and you avoid the usual cliches associated with fan-fiction flawlessly - I really believe you could publish an original novel of your own (which is one of the main things that separates truly impressive writing such as your own from that of the average fan-fiction author).

Honestly, I could go on for ages about the many things I love about your work, from the creative plot to your portrayal of Hermione (we see so little of her, and yet I feel as though I know her very well). Unfortunately, going on for ages isn't really very practical, but I just wanted you to understand how much I enjoy this story, and how much I look forward to an update. From your authors notes, I can tell that you are fairly young, but you have a lot of talent! (I really mean it).
Ferocious Poodles chapter 7 . 1/23/2013
The note your mom left was so sweet. It reminds me of when my mom would put a note in my lunch box in elementary school. But really it is sweet. I look forward to the dialogue, to the twists at the end of cos, to the crazy summer, and to who will be the defense teacher in year three. Will it be Remus, someone from the SOW party or someone else. If you ever publish, I would definitely wait in line to read it. Really look forward to the story, and keep writing!
Mom chapter 11 . 1/22/2013
Dear "Violet", I enjoyed this chapter immensely, as I have enjoyed all of them so far. I am so proud to have such a talented child. I can't wait to see your name, or whatever pen name you will be using, on the New York Times best seller list. Now, don't neglect your studies, but if I can run any errands or do your laundry so you have more time to finish this story, I'm sure your other fans will thank me. Love you. -Mom.
Lordban chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
Must have been said a hundred times already, but are you sure you didn't mean "Serpensortia"? Or is it a case of Lockhart's incompetence actually leading to the wrong results?

You've had very strict teachers ;) I have, earlier in life, been that brillant student who topped every exam, but I didn't need to work for it - and by the time I reached the equivalent of A-levels, I didn't even bother doing essays assigned at home any longer for a whole year. I didn't ever get in trouble... and not thanks to my non-existent social skills.
Nyctalops chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
You have more than 500 reviews because you deserve many times that many, but people are terrible about reviewing. That is not gushing on my part. Look - in this chapter alone we have examples of how you've taken *two* separate fields of canon - Potions-making and Legilimancy - and turned them from blithely dismissive 'a wizard did it' nonsense into legitimate studies with rational internal rules and complexities!

Anyhow:
Oh, dear - I'd been wondering if Rigel would eventually face the same suspicion and distrust, poor kid.

Your (possessed? fighting possession? actually evil? red haired red herring? ) Ginny Weasley seriously creeps me the heck out.

Also, with the 'mauled by a hippogriff' exchange? I see what you did there! :D
nbmoonbeam chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
I must admit that I do not know if you do as much dancing as I do when I see your story alert sitting in my inbox. :)
dog3n chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
Here's towards the 1000th.
EmLights chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
yay another great chapter! I am very curious to see what will come up next. Hope to see Leo in the upcoming chapters! He is my favorite. (: Update soon!
Ferocious Poodles chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
Hey v. Do you know how you do a happy dance for your reviews? Well, I do happy dances for your updates and I too get weird looks from the people around me. Please keep updating. I love how real your world feels, and I also love how it makes me analyze my own expectations of boys and girls. It is amazing how gender specific pronouns can change my perception of the same action. Thank you so much for the update before the semester starts, and please continue to be awesome and update.
Guest chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
Your story deserves way more than just 500 reviews for how awesome it is, although congrats on making the mark :) I look forward to reading your next chapter!
flakeshake07 chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
Fantastic again!:)
Guest chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
EEK! another chapter! love it! but for my own sanity i have to say that it is *Parvati and *flobberworms. I see these mistakes everywhere and they bug me. your story.
Guest chapter 11 . 1/21/2013
why does sectumsempra call forth a snake? Shouldn't it be serpensortia?
phoebe turner chapter 11 . 1/21/2013