Reviews for The Serpentine Subterfuge
The King in White chapter 2 . 3/18/2013
*raises eyebrows*

I'll admit I'm both enjoying this and worrying about this. Leo analogizing George Cooper doesn't speak well for my aspirations of having our dear Harriet and Draco end up with one another, even if him being half a decade older reduces the possibility by some amount.

It's hard to say whether I'm pressed to congratulate you on not simply re-writing Alanna with a Harry Potter veneer or if I should encourage you to break moulds. It's hard to do either because I have no idea what your intent is regarding how closely you'll following the Song of the Lioness. It's one thing to simply take inspiration, it's another to rewrite with a facelift, and I have no idea which it is because I've never actually read Alanna - but sticking close to the script is depressing - Archie dies, Draco marries Pansy, - in more ways than one.

So I hope you'll break some boundaries.

You've brought up a few times how some are saying you have too many OCs, which is a fair criticism. But I think it's less too many OCs and more that they're featured so prominently while the bigger players in the HPverse (i.e Ron, Neville, Luna, ect.) are pretty irrelevant. Just something to keep in mind, I guess.
Me chapter 12 . 3/13/2013
I really love love love this story! Great work! This is the first story I've read where Harry is a girl that I really like. It's got to be one of the best overall even if it does have less reviews. I hope you don't abandon the story cause I will definitely read until the end :)
AAA chapter 12 . 3/13/2013
Another excellent chapter! I have a question. You mentioned translating Parseltongue. Will Rigel teach/translate it to Archie? Now that everyone knows the "Black Heir" is a Parselmouth, Archie will probably be caught in compromising situations in that regard. If he can actually speak to snakes (or fake it really well-it's not as though anyone aside from Riddle will be able it tell), it will be beneficial. And if it ends up being revealed that Harriet Potter can also speak the serpent tongue, it won't be as suspicious as the Black Heir suddenly "losing" that ability while the Potter Heir gains it. Anyways, great job and update soon!
AAA chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Another excellent chapter! I have a question. You mentioned translating Parseltongue. Will Rigel teach/translate it to Archie. Now that everyone knows the "Black Heir
RarefiedMuddle chapter 12 . 3/12/2013
Until I read the Pureblood Pretense and then this sequel (at a truly alarming pace, I might add!) girl Harry fics were something of a guilty pleasure for me. I loved the premise on account of my "rah rah strong female characters" leanings, but the execution usually came off as unoriginal and gimmicky. Your story however, wildly well conceived and written as it is, not only easily earns the title of best girl Harry stories out there, but also now ranks as one of the best fanfics I've read, independent of any potentially lackluster "for its sub-genre" qualifiers. I love it! I love the Alanna thematic tie-ins, which work to smooth the introduction of original characters like Leo (George!), without ever feeling like a straight re-write. I can't imagine things will work out according to plan, but I really appreciate all the steps Harry has been taking for her back up plan/eventual re-emergence as Harry; somehow it makes her resolve and purpose feel even more firm. I wonder if we'll get to see Snape's reaction to "Harry Potter" having secured a vaunted potions internship instead of "Rigel Black." Annnyway, I could go on and on, but I'll just leave it with one last thank you for putting so much time sharing this fantastic story!
Guest chapter 12 . 3/10/2013
Hope you update soon! missing you ( in a uncreepy way)
Anon chapter 12 . 3/10/2013
Hot hot hot hot your writing is perfect
AND I REALLY HOPE ROSIER IS COMING ONTO HARRYYY
OMG I'm sorry I'm so perverted...BUT JORJAELJLSIEESJF GET IT IN SHHENEENENEEHEHEHHEHEE
Starlit Warrior chapter 12 . 3/8/2013
Your chapter was brilliant! ... as usual. The pov changes were seamless and I had no trouble reading and understanding what you were writing. Now, hurry up and write your next chapter! Pleeeease? :)
Nicole chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
I absolutly love this story! pleasepleaseplease don't let it end
3 Loveyou murkybluematter
Guest chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
SQUEEEEE!x) I love George!:))) very good chapter! I love it!
Kitsune chapter 3 . 3/4/2013
'Do you volunteer at St. Mungo's with your surrogate uncle?"'
I think rosier should have said 'father' not 'surrogate uncle' bc they're talking about Sirius right?
SlightlySociopathic chapter 9 . 3/3/2013
Eves-dropping on Riddle again Harry? This seems to be becoming a habit. Conflict of interest between Riddle and his Horcrux eh? Riddle must've been pretty flustered by it, he sure dropped a lot of hints in his conversation with Malfoy or the conversation was staged...
SlightlySociopathic chapter 7 . 3/3/2013
Peucy should not be allowed to have a snake, the poor thing. And a nightmare huh? It was only a matter of time, well at least we got some Rigel/Draco bonding time out of it. Pansy has both of them so whipped...
SlightlySociopathic chapter 6 . 3/3/2013
Frickin Halloween...well at least we got to see Archie and 'Mionie. I wonder if 'Mionie
and the real Harry are going to meet soon.
SlightlySociopathic chapter 4 . 3/3/2013
Hmm...I like this new Ginny, its interesting to see how lack of an idol to fangirl on has changed her personality.
1,234 | « Prev Page 1 .. 28 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 48 .. Last Next »