Reviews for The Serpentine Subterfuge
Vaughn Tyler chapter 12 . 2/19/2013
Not-A-Spy chapter 12 . 2/19/2013
Just letting you know that your stories are excellent. I encourage you to keep writing. Rigel DOES seem like she will eventually... Melt down, or explode, or something. I would worry about her in RL. That much work is impressive, but honestly it's also unhealthy...

I do miss detailed description of the ingredients and processes used in potion-making.

One of my favorite fan-potions was the 'exploding potion.' Forget where I read it, but it is basically a delayed potions accident so there are about 5000 different ways to make one, with varying effectiveness and toxicity of the resulting vapor. You usually went for the cheap ingredients, lots of stabilizers, a small amount of a second 'detonator' potion which destroys the stabilizers when mixed, and poured tons and tons of magic into them.

Be mindful not to drop the vials until you WANT them to blow up. Also watch for incoming spellfire which could set your bombs off early. Honestly an exploding hex would be much less hassle, not to mention safer (though less impressive than a hearty boulder-smashing KA-BOOOOM).

This potion is probably not practical with the characteristics of potions and brewing set out in this fic. Too unstable, too much energy input and thus too few brewers who can make it, and therefore too expensive. I still found it amusing/interesting though. One possible use is mining or mines (traps) (heh, punny), since wizards might not disdain to using muggle-things like TNT, the famous C4, or PETN bombs.

I have rambled long enough. I will affirm again that this is an excellent story and then take my leave.
TamariChan chapter 12 . 2/19/2013
Eeeeeee a new chapter. This is perfect timing and I love this chapter and it's going to be SO hard to wait for the next one!
Vangran chapter 12 . 2/19/2013
Whatever happens next will surely be entertaining. And I wonder when Draco will finally realize his best friend is a girl. Should be worth a laugh or two. . . or a barrel. Either way, it will still be a good read. And your story remains as a wholly original one. I still have not come across another story like this. Bravo, Violet, bravo. And honestly, Rosier's actions creeped me out. I hope that Draco is able to catch on to him. And, as a sidenote, Dumbeldore is an idiot. Not that we didn't already know that, but I just thought I would get that out there. I look forward to your next installment. Until then!
mercuryandglass chapter 12 . 2/19/2013
It does flow better without the useless inserts like POV change, since the readers can usually figure it out soon enough.
Eventide Emerald chapter 12 . 2/19/2013
Amazing chapter! please continue with your great work!
EmLights chapter 12 . 2/19/2013
OH my gosh, wasn't expecting Rosier's actions here! So does he suspect she is a girl, or that she is gay? I think it would be interesting if someone from Slytherin found out she was a girl. Ahh love your story, yet again. Update soon! (:
AllieOfGreenGables chapter 12 . 2/19/2013
Poor Rigel, hahaha. I like this very much and I hope to see more soon! I want to see what happens with, well, everything!
Guest chapter 11 . 2/19/2013
Love it! Please update!
leylinjan chapter 5 . 2/14/2013
ohh, I loved this chapter. We always heard so much about Hermione and also Archie, but we never saw them at AIM! Please, when you continue write some scenes from their POV as well. I really liked, that you wrote this from Hermione's POV, it was good :) Btw, I was a bit confused, that Rigel just shared her Parseltongue, because in the first book you said that she and Archie agreed that no one should ever know that SHE knows it while Archie doesn't... but I guess in the grand sheme of things, it's not THAT important. Everytime I read your story I find something new, it's really amazing :)
mar888 chapter 11 . 2/11/2013
Good story! Update, please!
Anonymous chapter 11 . 2/7/2013
Loving it. But PLEASE update soon! I am very impatient :)
BooksAndBook chapter 11 . 2/5/2013
More please! This is so good!
Guest chapter 11 . 2/3/2013
I love how everything seems so similar yet so different to both books. Its an interestingly original take on it and i quite like it. Ill keep an eye out for what Rigel does next.
AAA chapter 11 . 2/2/2013
Quick question. Your first story was 22 chapters long. How long do you plan to make this one?
1,164 | « Prev Page 1 .. 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 49 .. Last Next »