Reviews for The Serpentine Subterfuge
SlightlySociopathic chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Oh poor Harry, trouble just folllows her around dosen't it?
Arya Bick chapter 12 . 3/2/2013
I don't usually review, but greatness deserves recognition :)
tiger1lily chapter 12 . 3/2/2013
I do think you should pair Rigel and Rosier together. Its kinda cute. When will they find out she is a girl? I hope they won't care... Update SOON!
Guest chapter 12 . 2/28/2013
Let's pray Snape doesn't leave off Rigel! His attempts at mentoring were Snape-ish but still not too bad. Rigel needs some adult in her life. More Snape PoVs, please! One every one or two chapters would be great; I miss his snark and observations. What's he gonna think Rigel's secret is? Something bad enough to repress Rigel so much, but "bad enough" could be a whole bunch of things. Isn't he curious/worried? Is he just trying to convince himself not to care?

I get that he doesn't think Rigel is abused, but trusting Lucius word on it seems completely off to me. Or are they much closer friends in your story than how we usually see them? Or what?

Heh, so Rosier is gay? Interesting! Though I'm wondering if he's not just scaring Rigel away with his behavior. Let's pray he doesn't go too far in his teasing pre-seduction.. But does that mean he thinks Rigel is gay? Or what? Glah, I'm hoping ferverently that he hasn't figured out her secret.

Thank you for the story, it's great! Update soon and take care of yourself.
Path.wanderer chapter 12 . 2/28/2013
That is my real username here, too lazy to sign in.

The intrigue, suspense, and ideas presented in the whole story make it an enjoyable read. I was unable to stop reading for multiple hours, beyond the necessities, due to the quality. Please keep writing, I suspect many, but know for certain that I am anxiously awaiting the next chapter's arrival due to the pleasure that comes with reading this story, and all of its chapters.
Xururuka chapter 12 . 2/28/2013
It's been at least ten or twenty chapters since I first thought "I really should leave a review, this so awesome". But I never leave reviews -well, I used to never leave any review. :)
I totally fell in love with "pureblood pretense" and I have to admit I was a bit worried when you introduced Leo in "Serpentine subterfuge" that he would copy George too much and that it would affect the originality of your story. But I have to say now that I realise I was wrong (I should trust you) that one of the thing I admire and like the most with your fanfiction is the way your characters are complex and complete (I am actually looking for the equivalent of the french word "abouti" and my dictionnary is -sadly- rubbish.) They are not the Rowling's or Pierce's characters put in a different background, I think they are something new that is truly yours.
I can't wait to see Harriett evolve and grow up. Imagining the possibilities are keeping my mind occupied more than it should... But then, every time another chapter is released, it confirms that is was once again totally worth the waiting, and be assured that I read every word of it really slowly (only way I know to really savore it)
So this is it, my first review, juste to tell you : "Good work, thank you so much, good luck with your writing and I will follow your work until you give up writing."
AAA chapter 12 . 2/26/2013
... I stayed up all night reading this and sacrificed studying for a chemistry quiz just to finish this. It was worth it, though. My favourite line: "It's just that I can't fathom why people keep going out of their way to take my homework away from me." LOL! And Theo's chest? Priceless!

On a more serious note, I like how you reasoned Snape's desire for perfection in Rigel. It's nice to know he wasn't just being so strict due to past grudges and just because he's Snape.

I completely forgot about the belladonna! Although I should have suspected you would reincorporate it, especially after the expert reintroduction of Nimue's Breath in the first chapter.

I enjoyed Rigel's interaction with her fellow snakes. It is insightful in how far their relationship has progressed. Especially when Draco is willing to accept his father's disappointment in return for protecting his friend's secret.

I reread The Pureblood Pretense and was blown away once again by your writing. Keep up the good work and update soon! ;)
Tri-kit chapter 7 . 2/26/2013
So is Rigel ever going to cash in the two favors from Adrian? Also, is it weird that they call him Adrian in this chapter instead of by his last name? Awesome chapter. I'm rereading this story for the third time while I wait for the next update. :) I look forward to reading this story sooo much! It makes me so happy! Thank you!
Beautiful Dead chapter 12 . 2/26/2013
I love this story! I read the first one and the beginning of this one a while back, but for some reason I lost it and either it got better or I just forgot how good it was. Love it! More! More! More!
terrorofthehighway chapter 12 . 2/25/2013
I loved the line about Theo's naked chest! I like the Slytherin bonding - the friendships really carry this fic on. And Pansy's braiding skills sounds awesome - purely non-magical-style? I'm also looking forward to the reveal about Rigel's memory loss.
mar888 chapter 12 . 2/25/2013
I can't BELIVE I have FINELY found a good "Harry is a Girl" story! Keep it up!
Guest chapter 12 . 2/25/2013
I wonder who Flint thinks Rigel is, now that he's knows Rigel isn't a Black, but still somehow a parselmouth? Does he think she's be connected to Riddle?

I would really like Snape to conclude that Rigel is hiding something other than what she's really hiding. Like maybe she's a creature of some kind, or she has scars from an accident or illness or something more nefarious, or that she's gay, or that she's been through something bad that she's never spoken to anyone about and it's made her all repressed/contained... LOL, not to dump a bunch of unasked for suggestions on you, but since you don't seem to mind reviewers bringing stuff like this up, I decided to go ahead and do just that.
Debate4life chapter 12 . 2/24/2013
Huh. A pairing with Rosier could be intriguing. Looking forward to reading more
Blank chapter 12 . 2/23/2013
Wall of text ahead! I probably forgot some things I wanted to say, but at some point the length of these things just gets preposterous. I'm probably really repetitive too, because I've had a lot on my mind lately and I can never remember what I've already said. In any case, your story continues to be made of complete awesome.

The point of view shifts flowed well, and were still clear. I think I like it better this way.

Poor Rigel, with her drastically lightened schedule. And she just got through telling everyone she doesn't need a break! Even Flint offers her one. She's really accidentally set herself up as perfect to so many people, even though they know it's not true. I like that Snape thought it was weird that Flint did that too, and I have to wonder if she noticed and cursed herself for the slip in implying that she was extra important to Flint for some reason.

I like the "no more than" game, and I find it amusing that no one commented on the "No more than Aldon gets tired of teasing Draco with Rigel's hair" line, considering everyone stopped two lines later with Theo's naked chest. Also, I love Theo's teasing because the dramatic irony is so perfect.

Oh, Rosier, you are so lucky that romance is so far from Rigel's mind, because you are not subtle.
Although, I'm pretty sure he's aware that she doesn't recognize it, and is using that to his advantage.

I like how Rigel figured out that the petrifications were caused by the basilisk, and that she immediately went to Snape with it. I especially like that she was willing to hide the information from her friends because Snape asked it of her, and that they figured it out on their own.

I'm so glad that you added what Snape thinks of Rigel! I love his input on her character (and its accuracy), and how he responds to it. His mind is an awesome place to be: from his actions, you'd never catch things like his struggle to act as a mentor. I also like that he's started calling her Rigel in his head.
Rigel acts so unaffected all the time, I can imagine that would be really worrying.
He's tense when he asks Rigel to stay behind and to talk to Dumbledore. Is he worried about her? And if so, in what regard (socially, physically, etc.)? He's such an interesting character.

Acclimatizing people to parseltongue is an interesting idea, and pretty cool because she actually knows a lot of people in different houses. Changing around phrasing to keep other people from learning it as a language is really cool, especially with the idea that there are other parselmouths in the world to be worried about.

It's funny how boring she thinks parseltongue is, which is actually kind of true, when everyone else thinks of it as such a big deal.

Also, the twins are perfect, both in their reactions and in the prank they use to try help out Rigel (which was hilarious). Also, lovely nod toward Luna.
The twins are so very possessive. That seemed to bother Draco, which was pretty funny.

Poor Draco, with his father's disappointment. I think it's interesting that he didn't try to explain at all, or make some sort of response (that we saw, anyway). If he really doesn't respond to his father's disappointment, it says something rather interesting about his maturity: accepting that his father is disappointed, and being independent enough to be confident in his own choices. Of course, that's only if he doesn't respond because he decides that he doesn't need to justify his actions to his father.

Draco does seem to be getting jealous, which is pretty interesting in and of itself, and adorable whether or not it's romantic.
I'm curious as to how wizards think of sexuality. Is everyone viewed as bisexual (or pansexual, actually), as was kind of implied with the "not as a general rule inclined toward men" response in chapter 9? Do people recognize it as a difference, but not care about it, like hair color? Is it a problem in pureblood families that need to have heirs?
Not that we really need an answer to the question, considering it might bog the story down, and seem weirdly exposition-y. It's fine if you just ignore it, but I was wondering what you have in mind with your universe building.

I'm glad that the stolen belladonna and the attack by the girl came back.

Blaise is awesomely observant, and I love him for it. I feel like he's building up to some major revelation about Rigel, and I'm curious to see how he reacts to whatever he finds.

Lockhart is so hilariously irritating.
Interesting choice, making him be petrified. I'm really starting to wonder how you're going to solve the basilisk dilemma, considering Rigel's general reasonableness. I'm sure it'll be interesting.

Thanks for updating!
Guest chapter 12 . 2/23/2013
Never reviewed, new to this site and only here because someone recommended THIS story. Feel proud. Holy shit, I just want Rigel's gender to never be found out and for her and Draco or someone to have an epic not-really-gay romance. I now totally understand what my friend meant when she said this could feature an almost-but-not-really-slash relationship. Or just a one-sided one: seriously, what is Rosier thinking? I want to see into his head. And is Draco jealous? Sure seems that way, eh? :D:D

And! Snape! My god, your him is just completely awesome. Especially when we get to read from his POV. How he looks at Rigel is really, really interesting and makes so much sense. Rigel is strangely repressed for a twelve-year-old, and there is something off about her. Though he hasn't noticed that she doesn't like to be too close, physically, to other people? Is it stupid of me to hope that Snape especially doesn't find out about her gender and who she is for a long time yet? I like that he's having to look past the fact that Rigel is a Black, and caring about her anyway. Even trying to mentor her! I don't want it to end :x

Draco, torn between his father and his friends... aww, baby, we've all been there. I like that he's taking a stand. He needs to be his own person. But it's hard, of course. I enjoyed his POV too. You're really good at changing between POV:s!

Some questions! How's Sirius going to take the fact that his son is a Parseltongue? How will Rigel and Archie play that out? Has someone else noticed what Rosier is doing? I kinda want Rigel to freak out about it, because Rosier is so not caring that he's making her uncomfortable! Some friend he is! ...though I still think Rosier is interesting. But does he think that Rigel is gay? Seriously, MORE INFO ON HOMOSEXUALITY IN THE WIZ WORLD PLS.

Since this could be my one and only review for a long time, lurker as I am, I want to tell you how much I enjoy your very original story. I should have made a more detailed review and instead I mostly flailed about shipping and Snape and whatever. O well. I hope this fanfic will be incredibly long. I seriously want it to never ever end.
1,232 | « Prev Page 1 .. 29 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 49 .. Last Next »