Reviews for The Serpentine Subterfuge
Dimensional Roamer chapter 12 . 11/27/2014
Dimensional Roamer chapter 10 . 11/26/2014
D'awwwwww snape and rigel's relationship is kinda cute :P

Noooooo poor harry :'( she needs to write to lionel's mom so she can get adivce for her periods!

Dimensional Roamer chapter 2 . 11/26/2014
Awwww :3 I'm starting to ship Harry with Leo. Though, I still ultimately ship her with Tom Riddle. Ah, Tom/Harry would turn out so nicely :D The ultimate spark! Thanks for writing! DR
blobbytheunicorn chapter 14 . 11/20/2014
Oh yes, one more thing (I am sorry for clogging up your inbox like this, but whatever): Leo. I like him a lot, I think he's great, I think he'll become very important and he adds a lot of complication and therefore adds plot to the story. However... I really hope Rigel doesn't end up with him. I just... he feels like an OC. It kinda feels a bit like, I don't know, cheating? if a character ends up with an OC. (I really ship Rigel and Draco. Ahhhh. Pls. They would be saaahhh cuuuute.)
blobbytheunicorn chapter 14 . 11/20/2014
Also, the chapters are becoming abominably long. I think I might prefer shorter chapters but faster updates? If that isn't possible well then of course it's fine - just a thought :)
blobbytheunicorn chapter 14 . 11/20/2014
Well, I must say I did quite enjoy this story :) I think your writing has improved in style (maybe I'm just imagining that though lol), but I have noticed a decent pickup in the frequency of spelling errors or general malapropisms that you may want to correct with a beta reader.

I really enjoyed the development of the relationships in this story - not just romantic, get your mind out of the gutter - the relationships between Rigel and her family, and Snape, and the rest of the school. I thought the parts with Rosier were really interesting, if a little paedophilic at times... And I think I really do ship Rigel and Draco in this story, so for what it's worth, that's what I'm hoping for :)

In terms of the plot, it was well-woven and I liked how you drew together the AU of this story and the canon plot. I still feel a little bit iffy on the whole "Riddle is a politician not a dark lord", particularly the "Harry gets parseltongue from Riddle as a baby", but that's okay because otherwise Rigel's parents would be dead, and this whole AU would fall apart. So, meh.

I did delight in the suspense and general plot of the scenes leading up to and including the Chamber of Secrets. I especially liked the basilisk killing itself (well, I didn't like it, but I thought it was a nice touch), as well as Rigel's attempted suicide. That was very touching - as were nearly all the scenes with Rigel and Draco. I really do ship them in this story :')

Anyway, it's been a pleasure to read this story and I look forward to reading the third :D As always, happy writing!

blobbytheunicorn chapter 9 . 11/19/2014
omg 'crates for Krait' I'm sorry but that made me laugh so much. Crates... for Krait. For KRAIT. Well, it's funny to me, unless I'm pronouncing it wrong... This story is fabulous so far, a really good sequel to the previous one :) I just had to let you know about that hilarious pun (intended or not) before I continued reading...
Cream and Sugar chapter 6 . 10/20/2014
On my third reread of your series! I just love your Hermione. I wish we got to see more from her perspective! The way you've characterized her and "Harry's" time at AIM as well as its differences from Hogwarts is awesome and really rounds out the story.

Can't wait for the next chapter of The Ambiguous Artifice! Thanks for all your hard work on this series and please update again soon!

Cream and Sugar
MythplacedLogic chapter 2 . 10/5/2014
This was amazing! I love the Young Lioness books, and this was just perfect. Great chapter!
Sorry I'm Slytherin chapter 14 . 8/23/2014
this story has been amazing, i honestly swear to god, its my favorite on this site. i wish i could write as good as you x
Sorry I'm Slytherin chapter 12 . 8/21/2014
this story is so absorbingggggggggggggg!
SafirePhoenix chapter 2 . 8/19/2014
I finished the first story in one long, sleepless night. And now I'm absolutely mad about this one. The writing alone is brilliant, but Tamora Pierce was my favorite author growing up. I keep forgetting you've based this off The Lioness Quartet, and I have to laugh out loud in delight every time I recognize something. Court of the Rogue? Awesome! But with every similarity, I'm also getting a bit anxious about the darker turns in Alanna's story...
lacomptessa chapter 10 . 8/17/2014
It's funny how every time one of the characters notices something strange about Rigel and comes close to uncovering her deception, they don't have all the pieces of the puzzle and so their understanding of the situation is incomplete and they come to the wrong - or only partly right - conclusion. Harry, you master manipulator!
nahte123456 chapter 14 . 8/17/2014
I love Tamora Pierce, and the Lioness series, and I love these stories, although I thin the differences are good. I'll be honest I prefer Alanna for action, I like it better. But the levels of subterfuge you have going on is amazing. Alanna just took the lace of her twin, she stepped into a song and played her role. Harry is making her own song, along with Archie, and making everyone else dance to it, and they don't even know it. Amazing amount of details.
lacomptessa chapter 3 . 8/15/2014
Normally OCs are kinda meh, but I love the crowd from the Lower Alleys. I honestly wouldn't mind if the story centred solely on them. Leo is that freaking awesome. This story just keeps better and better. The plot stays fresh and intriguing throughout 200k words, which is quite an accomplishment. Plus, Harry/Rigel is so supremely likeable and fascinating as a character that it all wraps into a very appealing package.
1,159 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »