Reviews for The Serpentine Subterfuge
Aisucold-contin chapter 13 . 6/23/2014
I forgot to add that Rigel's lying is starting to get annoying! Especially the lying for no reason other then not to worry his friends. He needs to learn to pick his battles better, and stop lying about inconsequential things, because I would never believe anything that came out of his mouth with his reputation of lying about everything. I would be cautious if I was her about all those lies. They eventually catch up to you in reputation, or eventually getting caught up.

Also, I loved the way you wrote Myrtle! Great chapter!
Aisucold chapter 13 . 6/23/2014
I super curious about Snape and Lily. I think they were dating and maybe she left him for James. I feel like since she didnt go to hogwart (which i feel is weird since you said the great divide happened in 1981, and that was when Lily was 20, and Harry was suppose to be born?) she never interfered in between the bullying
Aisucold chapter 12 . 6/23/2014
I really enjoyed the twins prank! that was pretty genius!

I'm super nervous about the hair though!
Aisucold chapter 11 . 6/23/2014
Great description for the aconite potion!

I enjoyed the conversation with Ginny. And cracked up again about her period. Sneaky snakey Serpentoria was hilarious!

Great chapter!
Aisucold chapter 10 . 6/23/2014
again great chapter!
Aisucold chapter 9 . 6/23/2014
great chapter!
Aisucold chapter 8 . 6/23/2014
I dont feel like writing a long review so ill just say great chapter!
Aisucold chapter 7 . 6/22/2014
I love the druid binding magic as an explanation on the history of wizards. You actually make a bit of sense about the dilution of pure original magic and its an interesting tie into an idea commonly used but usually with no explanation. It shows why purebloods believe they are so important and how they think (or do they really?) they pass magic and skill down through blood.

What blaise said was interesting "We all have extreme features, because they remain as undiluted as our magical gifts. That's also why we're called 'purebloods;' Because the traits in our blood are passed down in their entire, pure, form. Nowadays most people treat it like a moral title, but originally it just meant that, as long as we're careful about it, our magic and bloodlines are virtually incorruptible."

While what they do say about pure magic make sense Rigel is right to see the holes. I want to she her work it out.

The day in the life thing they did was fun! I enjoyed it as a mix up to what we usually get.

I also like the way the snake is moving in the pipes and only gets out with the bombarda spell. I never understood the cannon too well!

Cant wait to see where this this goes!
Aisucold chapter 6 . 6/22/2014
I liked the look you did at AIM versus Hogwart. It wasnt much but the comment on new school vs old school teaching method such as creative learning and different projects vs essay based approach really stuck out.

Great chapter as always! thanks!
Aisucold chapter 5 . 6/22/2014
i actually dont have much to say about this chapter besides it was great and lily pregnant must be pregnant.

Thanks for writing!
Aisucold chapter 4 . 6/22/2014
Severus's pov was hilarious. You write his snark and sarcasm so well! And flint is so talented. We knew he was smart but not on the level you showed.

Like all your magical theory, your differences between light dark magic was amazingly well developed and awesome! I love it. As usual you magic theory is some of my favorite parts of your stories. The fact you categorized pansy as light and Sirius as dark was well done.

Quidditch was fun. I enjoyed that you had Rigel good but now the best. Its a nice realistic touch.

The lineage of parselmonths was well explained too. I'm enjoying Rosier and Rookwood very much.

Ginny is way too sassy and smart mouthed for me to like her, but I cant wait to see where you take this. Great Chapter and thanks for sharing your writing!
Aisucold chapter 3 . 6/22/2014
Unfortunately,that nargle steal my stuff link doesnt work. Is there another way to see Rigel picture?

Ok that start with was a great chapter! I enjoyed the child thief scene. It shows those people really dont like aurors. It great that you show a real poor of the wizarding world. Like undistinguished lower class. The weasleys never felt like they were truly the dreg of the wizarding world, just lowerclass. All societies have dregs and It always excites me to see harry meeting more people.!

I was not expecting that merciless fighting but I like that its a catalyst to Harry's growth! I hope oneday she learn some serious free for dueling. I love Leo and mrs hurst.

The gene spell was a great solution to the problem! And I love the just of gems in magic and the explanation of how they shape wild magic. It very much ties into the real world and what people think of gems.

The werewolf analysis was really great and helps shape Remus's character so well I love the talk about his strength in mind body and spirit.

And the fact they talk about the legislative and came to a tentative agreement was great. It is a start of a bit of boat rocking. love it!

great chapter and thanks for sharing your story!
Aisucold chapter 2 . 6/22/2014
Your polyjuice Analysis was great! It was incredibly thorough and thought provoking. I wasnt expecting that explosion though! It lead to some great things and an introduction to a new part the the magical world!

I couldnt help but agree with Leo when he said shes too naive. I still think about the vow she took with flint. Ugh.

This whole chapter I kept wondering who is Leo, and I happy you didn't drag it out too long. I love his stories about the people in Diagon alley and his view on trustworthiness.

Loved the new part of the world! Leo must be spectacular if he'd the king and 16ish

Thanks for the great chapter! Off for more!
Aisucold chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
The new information you added to the magical core theory and and the wild element magic was well done as always! I cant wait to find what so truly different about Harry. Archies experience with harry's magic was interesting and it made sense on how Snape was so against it being possible.

lol at the marauder and harry interaction. The betrothal contract was a good precautionary measure. i'm happy we have smart parents!

Harry plan is great, and I can wait to see the potion she comes up with. I does kinda hurt my heart how she is wasting money! But i guess you never know it might come in handy for something else. Like a base, of for the Weasley twins even.

Mr krait is great character, I really like him! Again another Ally and another mentor maybe. I love her brewing and changing the ingredients based on what her magic is telling her! Thats pretty darn cool! The shaped magic imbued is another great idea for the theory! I does make me wonder if this was already a thing or did Harry discover this herself?

Leo is a great additional character! For some reason I thought he was Cedric Diggory at first. Haha. He seems like he views magic the same as she does, so it makes me wonder if he is the same as her. Also is he a halfbood? I mean if hes home schooled and not at hogwarts with Snape, unless his father think he can teach his son potins the best... anyways, cant wait to see where their friendship goes.

The only part of this story I can say I'm not overly fond of is the pureblood interactions I hate pureblood manners and wit. ugh, they just seem so fake and phony to me. The family secrets was a nice touch. It SHOWS just how phony purebloods are!

Harry keeps racking life debts which, again is great for later politics. Draco remembering nimues breathe made me so proud! Cant wait until Sirius finds out about the assassination attempt!

Great chapter as always
Tahari chapter 14 . 6/19/2014
I humbly request that you add a chapter to inform your readers that the sequel is now up. I, myself wouldn't have known except for sheer random chance. (Which is quite irritating because you're already several chapters along and I had been eagerly awaiting it lol.)
1,128 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »