Reviews for Flames We Never Lit
Midgardian Avenger chapter 22 . 6h
Awesome update! Keep them coming!
Bebe17 chapter 22 . 16h
I love this chapter. Peggy is so cool
Guest000 chapter 22 . 21h
Excellent chapter. I really like the way you portray Peggy. She is strong ,straight forward ,no nonsense. I like the kind of English superiority she seems to always radiate. More Steve/Peggy moments would be appreciated. We have yet to see Captain America in the field too. This chapter made me think about Steves compass. In a way Peggy is his compass. She gives him direction when he is lost , keeps him grounded. Update soon ...
JadeDjo chapter 1 . 5/23
This is excellent! The characters a true and real and your style is beautiful! I can hear Hayley Atwell's voice in my head as I read and it so perfect! Now to go read some of your other stuff. Keep up the good work!
ElvenCompanion chapter 22 . 5/23
I agree, Peggy is delightful.
Love this chapter. Good that Steve is makin progress with Barnes and Peggy is finally a SHEILD agent.
NurseKelly chapter 22 . 5/23
This chapter was *delightful*, darling. So many great lines. Loved it!
OfBloodandStarlight chapter 22 . 5/22
Ohh, that is so gorgeous and wonderful and I'm loving it so much, it's delightful! Lol, xd.
I'm so happy Peggy’s an Agent, finally! And that Bucky is making progress:)
(And all the Steggy obviously makes my heart singgg, I need more, always.)
Great chapter, thanks for updating! XX
IzzyBells chapter 22 . 5/22
Yayyyy Peggy's officially an agent! I think Spitfire is a fantastic name, by the way. Also I like to think Steve is sketching Peggy while she's half-focused on the email. That would be cute, honestly. I was super excited to see a new chapter of this had been posted, and I loved it, and I can't wait to read the next one!
Lollypops101 chapter 22 . 5/22
Cute chapter. Nice work!
Elfpen chapter 21 . 5/22
Where do I even begin?

This fic is amazing. G. I have so many feelings and thoughts about this I'm going to have to enumerate them to order my thoughts:

1. The characterization. I don't know how you've managed to stay so spot-on with everyone's characters, but you've really done it, and done it marvelously. And you don't have a small cast, either, so keeping your ducks in such an immaculate row is triply impressive. I have to compliment you particularly on your characterization of Peggy, which I think is the very best I've seen outside of the Agent Carter TV show and Captain America itself. You manage to balance her kickass skills, practical manner, hotheadedness, and femininity into one marvelous whole, and it is perfect. I have to say when her having powers came up, I was skeptical, but you've pulled it off spectacularly, which brings me to...

2. The exposition, dialogue and plot in this story is not only well done, but very, very natural. You do what a lot of fanfiction authors forget to do: namely, blending plot and genre to create a more interesting (and realistic) story. The Steve/Peggy romance may be the centerpiece of this story, but it is not the only thing going on. There is also the mystery of Bucky, the SHIELD drama, Peggy's friendship with Pepper and her love-hate relationship with Natasha, as well as Peggy's running comparison of Howard and Tony, which I think you handled particularly well. And you've really captured the essence of what it means to "show, not tell". Oftentimes I find myself rolling my eyes at the long, monologish expositions that fanfic authors fall prey to (myself especially) because it's an arena in which laziness and shortcuts are very tempting and can seem like the only option. You manage to weave in your exposition into the character's conversations so naturally that I don't realize that I've just been lectured to about plot until much later. Very well done. And the dialogue, as I mentioned, is spot on and completely in character. Also, I can't remember if I mentioned, awesome job on Romanoff. She's hard to write well, and you've hit the nail on the head.

3. History. You have done your homework, and I am so happy for it I would hug you if I could. I'm a history grad/aspiring historian and I while I'm usually not that savvy on more modern history, I have a soft spot for WWII, and am absolutely enamored with all of your historical details and the way you nuance Peggy's character and experiences with those details. I often sigh wistfully and daydream about stories as in-tune with history as yours, but usually it's just a daydream because stories like this have an annoying tendency to not exist. So thank you so much for all of your thought to history and historical context. Your friendly neighborhood historian loves you for it.

4. The FEELINGS. Because honestly, ALL OF THEM. You got your Steggy feelings, your Stark Family feelings, your Bucky Barnes feelings, your Pepperony feelings, your gosh-dangit-fury-this-is-why-we-can't-have-nice-things feelings, just FEELINGS. You managed to get away with ALL OF THESE that I felt like I was watching another Avengers movie at several points.

I was sort of raving about this story all morning on my tumblr, and posted the link so my followers could read. It's so, so worth it! I do hope you continue to write, both this story and others, and books... and movies... :P

Keep being awesome!
fezwearingjellybananas chapter 21 . 5/22
This is amazing.
PerfectDisaster22 chapter 21 . 5/7
These two precious dumdums are adorable. I'm really glad Peggy's trying to be more openly communicative. And Tony and Pepper, you are remarkably unsubtle in your attempts to shove Peggy and Steve together. It's kind of darling.
Empress c chapter 21 . 5/5
I'm so glad I checked back even though I thought you might have abandoned this story! Please do keep going, this is so lovely and unique!
chasingleaves chapter 1 . 5/5
I dont understand why this doesnt have more reviews, or reads. I came into this fandom coz I just finished watching Avengers 2 and suddenly thought about Agent Carter and Captain America's sad separation. Just... so painful to watch, and even more so to think about (yes even 5 years after The First Avenger came out in theatres). I hate unresolved love stories - even KNOWING that a couple doesnt end up together is a form of resolution. But theirs wasn't because there wasn't even a chance to KNOW or SEE.
The premise is a little ideal (I mean, conveniently being frozen like Steve? And conveniently waking up around the same time as him?), but thankfully for the ideal premise, I suppose as a reader I got to see their relationship dynamic. I especially loved the weekend he visited; the sex was so much more! It was filled with so much love I was bursting with happiness.
Agent Carter's expressions were very well written (I mean, the Brits do love their adjectives and superlatives LOL). I don't know if you wrote this based on the movie or the graphic novels, but I could picture everything perfectly in my head (i.e. Gwyneth Paltro as Pepper in all her prim, eager and efficient glory and Robert Downey Jr. in his arrogance haha).
Did wish for more A/Ns (or any in fact - used to reading stories or fics with some sort of author's voice before and after. Felt so bereft without!) or a special chapter in Captain America's POV (LE GASP?!). Some parts were a little superfluous though (sorry, for the lack of a better word), maybe too lengthy of sentences.
But in all, wonderful writing - i cant express how much I enjoyed this. I may favourite a lot of fics to keep track of what I read, but I seldom feel so much for... many. Thank you for that.
Take care and hope to read more of your stories soon
babeofbiscay chapter 21 . 4/29
i LOVE. Thank you so much for updating, this is such a sweet chapter, and I'm glad to see Peggy quickly back to her hella badass ways.