Reviews for Cheese Shop Sketch
Scabbers1957 chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
As with all you wonderous stories...this has been added to my Haruan community.

:))
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Luna's glory is her different angle of view, and you do that so well here; this has the authentic post-war feel, with unexploded ordnance going off for a very long time after the close of hostilities.
Ratus chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
That was very good, and it showed an inner working to Luna's mind that few ever see. As much as I would like to see a follow up, this stands quite well on it own.
noylj chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Why would anyone voluntarily watch BBT?
Aealket chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Hi,
a very sad little tale with a very good characterization of Luna. Hopeful at the end, but still sad.

Alan
Lionasha No Bruja chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
I really liked this. I love Monty Python, but I have Luna's quirk of empathizing with people in fiction. So things that other people think are funny, I'm going "That's so mean! Who ACTS like that?!" I also do like Harry/Luna- they understand each other and don't expect each other to be 'normal'.
Wrexscar chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
Totally left fielded by this. Arpad writes fluff, Python are just silly, this will be fun.

Well it was excellent but this was a different Luna and Harry to your other tale, as they should be. It was a poignant story of friends comforting each other and trying to lead normal lives after so much hurt.
Thank you for writing. In a few words you have created a fantastis and realistic little world.
Loki Firefox chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
This was so wonderfully and unexpectedly poignant. When I read "Luna" and "Monty Python" I was expecting silliness and humor of the highest order but instead I read an interesting idea of Harry's life right after Voldemort. I think the idea of him and Dean as roommates, which is a bit of left field, and taking a gap year, which isn't, are surprisingly fitting. And Luna's reaction to the sketch was unexpected but so real.

I read your other fics and you have an incredible grasp of character. You add little flourishes that make them real. You can make a character distinct, real and make us root for them with a few words where other people can write a whole story and the character is barely more than a caricature.

As much as I want to explore this tiny little AU, the story is complete. And I'm of the school of thought that when a story is complete, then let it stand (hear the Lucas?). So I'll let this little gem stand.

Great job.
Chargone chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
*ponders*

You know, i never would have thought of that. I can quite easily see how Luna would find that quite upsetting, now that you've pointed it out.
Martine Lewis chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
This is lovely! I especially loved th part when Luna said her hips weren't particularly wide. Now, that made me laugh so hard. And this is so well written and believable. Yes, I loved it.
Runecutter chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Whow... when i first saw the content description and read Monthy Pythons i feared this would be crude and superficial and mainly regurgitate gags older than dirt... And i'm happy that i was SO wrong!
You have found a wonderful way to give a very deep and moving character portraial of one of the most unnoticed characters from the HP books. Luna is always great and usually that is because of her very special way to take things literal that aren't meant so and the other way round... But in this story there's so much more to her than simple wordplays or double entendres... and it's great!

Hell, i'd totally subscribe to the idea of seeing this alternate "Year 8" written out in epic length, it does sound so interesting in the compression of this story (Not much action but a lot of character growth and introspective which is at least as interesting as the whole blasting evil to smithereens would be :D)... and i guess i'm a fan of this kind of "taking time to heal" stories... how could you live Harry's life for 18 years and go on directly to "Police Academy"? As if there hadn't been anything unusual in this life? As if the pressure going away after Voldemort is no more would not make a major rift in at least Harry's life? This gap year (and the idea that Hermione first introduces the idea of getting a break to him and then despite of all still goes on to nag him to go back to school... she's really incorrigible!) does fit all things involved perfectly... as does - as strange as i thought the idea at first - his living together with Dean...

Thank you for introducing us to this new and fascinating side of Luna!
earfluffy chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
Yeah this is good.

-earfluffy
Sister chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Poor Luna, I think she needs to go muggle.
MuggleBeene chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Clever, very very clever and well-written. A surprisingly nice amount of character development and insight from things that, on the surface, don't seem like much.

You've got a lot of nice touches in here, like the gap year, Hogwarts being a day school during the reconstruction, just to name a few. Luna's reaction at being called a hippie was priceless.

There's a whole lot of good stuff in a nicely contained piece that points to directions in the future. Based on this story I can see Harry and Luna being friends forever, as they each value the other in a friendship that doesn't need to be constantly examined or reaffirmed. Harry's insight about how he *could* potentially have more than a friendly relationship with Luna, but why he chooses not to, is very telling.
Abused Wide Bellatris chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Ew, I despise Big Bang Theory. It's such an insipid show. Sharks are the coolest, though - I like watching those Discovery documentaries late at night where they tag and track Great Whites.

Anyway, good story! *applause* Luna comes off less as being a 'hippie' and more as being terrified of becoming 'the tall man', as she puts it - although she only actually says it once, and initially prefers to have Harry think she's just crazy for not understanding the sketch rather than afraid because of what the exchange represents to her. That's how I see it, anyway.

I think you did a really good job, in any case.