Reviews for Cheese Shop Sketch
MuggleBeene chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Clever, very very clever and well-written. A surprisingly nice amount of character development and insight from things that, on the surface, don't seem like much.

You've got a lot of nice touches in here, like the gap year, Hogwarts being a day school during the reconstruction, just to name a few. Luna's reaction at being called a hippie was priceless.

There's a whole lot of good stuff in a nicely contained piece that points to directions in the future. Based on this story I can see Harry and Luna being friends forever, as they each value the other in a friendship that doesn't need to be constantly examined or reaffirmed. Harry's insight about how he *could* potentially have more than a friendly relationship with Luna, but why he chooses not to, is very telling.
glue and tar chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Ew, I despise Big Bang Theory. It's such an insipid show. Sharks are the coolest, though - I like watching those Discovery documentaries late at night where they tag and track Great Whites.

Anyway, good story! *applause* Luna comes off less as being a 'hippie' and more as being terrified of becoming 'the tall man', as she puts it - although she only actually says it once, and initially prefers to have Harry think she's just crazy for not understanding the sketch rather than afraid because of what the exchange represents to her. That's how I see it, anyway.

I think you did a really good job, in any case.
TulipofMay chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Aww, this was so sweet. :-) Lovely story!
hpnut1 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
I loved it
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
This was lovely. Of course Luna wouldn't "get" Python, but to make her so upset about it and relate it to her own situation was a stroke of genius. Kudos.
Chandagnac chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Of course that would be Luna's interpretation of the Cheese Shop Sketch! It just goes to show that humour is not universal. Yeah...

This is a delightful little story with some excellent character moments and intriguing insights. Full marks!
respitechristopher chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Oh wow. This was simply spectacular. Luna Monty Python drama and angst? No one would see that coming. Bravo. So very well done.
gecoma chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
You never said, is this a oneshot or not.
Kiss-Kiss-Kiss-Goodbye chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Great story. Very well written, as I have come to expect from you. Completely enjoyed every word! I hope you update Harry and Luna verses the High Inquisitor soon as well, but this was an excellent story:) Keep up the great work!
sandybeach6th chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Wonderful! Lovely! what a sweet story, and very detailed. Great job.
25 | « Prev Page 1 2