Reviews for Threads of Existence
ShadowPhoenix10 chapter 1 . 12/11/2017
Wow. That was really well written! I loved it!
Syll Sixxus chapter 1 . 4/20/2015
Wow, that was a great read! very well done indeed!
Cynderheart chapter 1 . 1/28/2015
Well done Riverstyxx. ;) This was a great one-shot. It's amazing in my opinion that you came up with such philosophical and balanced and united ideas. The end of Dawn of the Dragon was always left to us broken, for us to make out our own ideas. It's amazing you came up with such great ideas from such a more simple ending. Your spirituality made perfect sense with the world's balance of light and dark, free will defeats destiny, and everything comes with a price, but the world is still united in the beauty of life. I loved Spyro's and the Ancestors' emotion, how for spirits, they still felt so human to us. Really hopeful ending, for Spyro to return to his friends and family like this is really powerful. I'm won't end this telling you what I've already said to you a dozen times though, so just... well done. Such skill will take you far in life. Thanks for sharing your art with us. Good luck :)
Drakonseye chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
Wow... just... wow. For such a short oneshot, its amazing what you've managed here. Very philosophical, yet not too much at the same time. A great piece of work.
Morning Frost on Leaf chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
I love how beautiful and philosophical this is.
supersniffman chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
man i dont like these types of ending they leave u wanting a lot more like i wanted to see what happend next
Darkness Oversoul chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
Aside from a slightly melodramatic opening, this is quite the beautiful little one-shot you have here. You have this natural flow when you write that makes it easy to understand what you're writing. The writing is flawless. The plot was digestable, very nice in some spots, but it was mostly a calm medium of above-averageness that you have a knack for.

Keep reading! :)
MythosMike chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
One of the better one shots that I have read recently. You have such a natural talent for writing! Your philosophy on destinies and purple dragons certainly made me think. Prophecies...they are guesses at the future, certainly not set in stone. In my opinion, it is up for each creature in this world to choose their own path. That is the point of possessing sentience, the very fabric of that level of existence is based on free will. Our future is made of our own choosing, not any one else's choices or actions. Sentience is a privilege, however. If you make the wrong decisions, or defy moral rights, you should pay the price for it. Malefor deserved the fate that he received. Justice over mercy, in my opinion.

Anyways, this one shot really got me thinking about larger than life topics. Thank you for writing such a deep story. I won't forget this. :]

Best regards to you. -Unit Omicron
Guest chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
wish this was not a one shot thing want to know what cynder whould say to that
Arcantos the Storyteller chapter 1 . 10/30/2012
Poetic and awesome.
Ardwolf chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
An interesting observation. All gifts have their price. The thought that dragon magic isn't free, that every so often a terrible price is exacted, is very much the idea of balance, without which nothing could exist.

Threads of Existence indeed...
Bluecomet of the Misty Sea chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
I'm...i'm just lost for words on this...this is just remarkable, i just couldn't picture it any other way after reading this. And then the way you explained the ture meaning of the purple dragon, kind of made my jaw drop when they said "Every gift has a price, that price is the purple dragon." ooh shivers.

Keep up the great work Riv, and until next time. ;)

Ur loyal reader,
Bluecomet of the Misty Sea.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
This...how do I describe this...This is a really good way of...describing what happened? Does that work? Or should it be: This is a really good idea of what might have happened?

Something along those lines. Great one-shot! And somehow I think Malefor will break free from the core sometime in the later stages of Residual Darkness, if he hasn't already. I remember that large dragon with the yellow eyes in the cave of the Panther Village, how Skelos said, "Revenge on a certain Purple Dragon."

Malefor is FAR from done for.

I'll be waiting for his grand entrance.
Selvah chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
What the others said. I don't really have much in the way of suggestions on how an abstract-heavy fic like this could be improved from what you already have here. Apart from being exceptionally vivid I think the story was also remarkably well thought out. It seemed to get more and more exciting as it progressed, and the end felt...brilliant. I was left desiring for more.

Writing fiction of this kind-and keeping it interesting-isn't easy. Just goes to show how darn much you've improved...
star reader chapter 1 . 6/26/2012