Reviews for The House Cup
PixiePatronus13675 chapter 1 . 2/16
Mathiilde3 chapter 1 . 3/5/2016
I have a lot of feelings about this particular moment, Albus giving all those points to Gryffindor. I am over the moon happy that my kiddies got the points they deserved and Neville getting ten is especially important to me considering Albus' life prior to Hogwarts, and I am so so happy that they won the Cup, I just think Albus doing the awarding there at the final feast is such a shitty moment, like seriously unfair towards Slytherin. This however was a lovely story, I loved getting Minerva's experience of it, and how much she cares about my children, that was really sweet! So wonderful story, about one of my lesser favourite moments.

Mathilde
sexymarauders chapter 1 . 6/30/2015
"Albus went on talking" -the entire Harry Potter series summed up
8-Wolke-8 chapter 1 . 1/29/2015
You know, I love the fact that someone for once doesn't tear Dumbledore's decicioun to award points to the trio and Neville at the end of first year to shreds! This was brilliantly written and absolutely in character, both for McGonagall and for Dumbledore! The little hint at Dumbledore's own past with Grindelwald at the end was the icing on the cake! :)
cateliot chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
I do so love your writing. Even when it's short and sweet, it's so enjoyable and you are able to perfectly capture the character. Minerva is my favorite character above all and you manage to capture her and her fire perfectly! I also love her interaction with Severus! This made me laugh! Well done and I hope you write more with Albus and Minerva!
MidnightRain143 chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
That was great! I'm loving your characterizations of Professors McGonagall and Sprout! Snape was great too. Poor guy, better luck next year! ;)
kitana415 chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
You are fueling my recent McGonagall obsession. Actually, you might be the source of it. I have read so much fanfiction over the years and never had the inclination to delve into this character. I have repeatedly asked for more from you (both here and on SIYE) but it is this short stories, these special moments in time, that pull me down the rabbit hole. Moreover, it seems that a lot of these stories are written about the same Minerva at different moments in her life. Is this all one timeline?
McGonagall25 chapter 1 . 3/30/2014
I thought this was very good. The part was the ending.
decdraft chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Neville getting the winning points is one of my favorite scenes in the movie. Really love the backstory you have given us. Loved A Call to Arms on SIYE so I followed you over here...and am really enjoying your stories!
KindestHuntress chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
Awwwwn, adorei! Hahaha, amável.
Hermione Is My Role Model chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
Great story!
OMG! I just realised I haven't added you to my Favourite Authors list! I must do so immediately! :-D
bkwrmgrl87 chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Oh, my heart... Wow, that was such a good piece, thanks so much for sharing! The last line from Dumbledore... ugh... wow, now that we know Albus' own flaw at inoti/ being able to stand up to his friend jut killed me. Thanks for this wonderfully well-written short! I have just discovered your work! Thanks so much for your well-written and sticking to canon work! It is brilliant!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Brilliant. Perfect point about Neville.
But I do wish the points could have been awarded at the second-to-last feast or something... The Slytherins who'd worked so hard to get to the top could've been slightly less humiliated then.
Becca chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
This was lovely.

The end of year feast in PS/SS has always been one of my favorite moments in the entire series because Dumbledore recognizes Neville's bravery. And it's an acknowledgement that Neville really is a true gryfindor, even before the events of books 5 and 7.
Brooklyn Byrne chapter 1 . 4/21/2013