Reviews for Ready or Not
Rosa Calavera chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
This was... Yeah...

Idk what to say, except that you do disturbing right.
weasleyjumper chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Wooooaaaaah! Dark! I like it (in the weirdest way possible ) it's incredible!
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
Well you weren't lying when you said it was dark ;) I thought the extended metaphor of the doll was really effective, and I really got a sense of his twisted mind. Shiver.
bluesargent chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
This probably was not the best thing to read before I go bed, haha.
Yeah, this was really dark and really distburing!
I think you wrote this very well, though, portraying Phineas' obsession with his sister just . . . rightly.
ilovemoony73 chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
You're right, it is rated M for good reason . . . And it definitely deserves to be placed in the "horror" genre.
As one with a liking for horror and a phobia of sharp objects, I can safely say that you nailed this. I've read plenty of "creepy," and yours is among the best that I've seen here.
One small criticism is it's slightly hard to follow the actions for about the first half- for a small while I thought there were two boys besides Phineas, and then while he was doing his crazy-guy thing I had a little bit of trouble distinguishing between the "he"'s, but I think that is simply because the other guy is referred to as the thing and is introduced as such but then called the "other boy." I'm quite easy to confuse though.
At any rate, this is definitely a really spooky story. Very well done!
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Wow... that was DEFINITELY creepy. Abuse in the Black family is a huge part of my head!canon, so it was really interesting to read someone else's take on it. Phineas was quite terrifying, and I loved the repeated doll imagery relating to Elladora... it sent chills down my spine.
Spiralling-Down chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
Wow. Wow, that was... creepy. Amazingly written, but terrifying! If I get nightmares I'm blaming it on you, haha! :P I've never really put that much thought into Phineas and the characters from his era. You're really making me think about even the most minor characters! I liked the repetition of, "Ready or not" as well. Chilling... So yes, congrats on that story. I know I'd never have been able to write something like that, haha! :P
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Well, this is definitely a good submission for 'A Creepy Challenge' - this story was dark, you're right, and creepy. That being said, you wrote dark and creepy very well, and I can really see how disturbed and insane Phineas is, and how scared Elladora is of him. I've never read anything with either of these characters before, but you've given minor characters like these personalities and done a good job conveying them. I didn't notice any mistakes, either. I really feel bad for Elladora in this, because of her crazy brother and her dead fiance and then being raped at the end - and twelve days alone with him, so much could happen in that time. You've definitely succeeded in making this creepy/dark, so good job with that! Not all authors can do that.
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
...The hell? Haha this is so creepy! I kinda love it for that reason, though. This is just weird and scary and bizarre and good. Great job!
my insides are blue chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Omg, that was so creepy! I'm actually scared...

And I don't actually even like Phineas, but I have to admit, that was a great characterization of him.

That was really well-written for another thing. It was clever and precise, so I'd say a job well done! :D
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
When I clicked on this I didn't think it would be that bad... but that is so goddamn CREEPY! Did you win this challenge because that was probably the creepiest thing I've read in a loonnnnnggg time. I'm locking my bedroom door tonight...
DarkLord667 chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
This was definitely a bit twisted, so you did the challenge admirably. I can't say I found Phineas particularing in character, but we do only have a talking portrait to go by, haha. Overall, good job.
PSdancer54 chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Alright. I'm officially scared. How did this lunatic ever become headmaster?