Reviews for Spoonful of Sugar
Ami chapter 1 . 9/2/2004
This is an incredible fic. Lurk is quite wrong, especially about some people being indifferent to WTC. I can't imagine a person who hasn't, at one time or another, wondered what their life would be like if it was their mother or their father working at the World Trade Center that morning, or if it was their family or them on one of those planes, and after you've wondered that, it's impossible not to be unaffected. Keep writing.
Maria Kairay chapter 2 . 1/17/2003
Alright, i'm telling it like it is. The person who said that teens didn't understand right away, was so wrong. I'm turning 14 soon, but i understood what happened right away..well almost right away. i don't live in the Eastern time zone, but past the Pacific time zone, so it was really early when i found out. So this fic is entirely possible.
Gila Draper chapter 2 . 7/17/2002
There are no words to convey to you the power of your story.
Maureen chapter 1 . 7/16/2002
to lurker - I did not get your email, please resend.
lurker chapter 2 . 7/15/2002
I sent you a e-mail, under the subject "spoonful of sugar". I eagerly await your response.
Sarah Summers chapter 2 . 7/13/2002
Hi! I read the reviews you have gotten and i don't know what the other reviewers are thinking but I loved this story. First off I love stories that bridge TV characters and shows to reality, which is *exactly* what your story did. I also thought that, despite the other reviewers thought, this story was *very* realistic. Igo to high school and am a junior so I'm *exactly* like these charecters and the reaction that you gave to the characters is *exactly* what I saw as a reation from my classmates that morning. The shuffeling of the TV was just another dab of reality. The heck with the other reviewers, Great Story.
gracie chapter 1 . 6/12/2002
wow, maureen. this is really good. I live in new york city and i remember WTC too well; you really did a good job capturing the emotions. we were the way you've described the kingsport students- not in class and totally shocked. it's high time someone posted this. maybe you can make it a tribute to all those who helped at ground zero?
lurk chapter 1 . 6/9/2002
Okay. It's okay you feel this way. But this fic is not realistic, at all. And it doesn't belong in the In a Heartbeat section. It doesn't have to do with their reactions, it's not delving into their personalities, it's just getting something you feel out of the way. First of all, most teenagers did not understand the effect of WTC right away. Catie wouldn't cry, for one. She'd be shocked, unhappy, but it wouldn't have the profound effect it had on you to her, Jamie, etc. It's just a problem I have with these fics. It had a effect on you, you feel a certain way, and you apply it to the characters. You've done this to fics before and it's not REALISTIC. I'm not flaming you, I'm asking you, nicely, if you could just consider for a moment that some people are fairly indifferent to WTC. I know you probably get angry at these people, but you can't blame them for not realizing the effect it will have. This was not a realistic fic. I would change the character names and put it in the original story section.
Mad Cow chapter 1 . 6/8/2002
Mo'-that was a very moving and compassionate fic, and I think you did an excellent job writing a topic that most are loath to touch. I am always impressed by the very amazing style of writing you have such a grasp on, and I was not dissappointed by this fic. You did awesome!
mindy chapter 1 . 6/8/2002
That was really good! It brought me back to that day. Very moving!