Reviews for Kindred Spirits
steffiundaxel chapter 14 . 11/4/2014
I love this story! I especially like that it shows Frau Linkmeyer from a different side than in the show.
Hogan is the right match for her, as you pointed out, they are both alone with their feelings.
Well written, I would have given you the PBA!
snooky-9093 chapter 14 . 2/2/2013
Well, I enjoyed reading this entertaining, although implausible tale. I really felt for Gertrude here. You gave her a lot of depth, and I also understand Burkhalter's feelings for his sister. Not that he has a right to act the way he does.

What I actually expected was a meeting of two lonely souls, Hogan and Gertrude...talking. Not what happened. I almost choked. LOL Way to shock your audience! I was also shocked when Carter discovered them; however, luck just seems to follow Hogan, and the secret conversation from London came at the right time, and his explanation fell into place rather nicely.

In retrospect, I really, really, don't think that Hogan would have comprised his safety, her safety, and the safety of everyone else in camp to have an affair with a general's sister. I also wondered, what Gertrude's reactions would be once she discovered (and she would) that Hogan was Jewish. I say this because you used his background from that older story of yours. it would have been on his dog tags, as well as...well, you know.

Sue
El Gringo Loco chapter 14 . 8/19/2012
Ch 1-14 I’ve long thought Frau Linkmeyer, though underused by series writers, to be an interesting character with a fair amount of potential. Probably unavoidable given the setting of the series and the prevailing attitudes of it’s time. But here, thru the miracles of fan fiction, we have the power to build on their legacy. And I like the way the author has fleshed out her back story and made her a whole person.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 14 . 8/16/2012
A nice, but bittersweet ending to a wonderful story. I'm sure neither Hogan nor Gertrude ever forgot their week together.

I have to ask, did Otto ever come home? Perhaps a follow up story is in order?

Hitler had Fegelein shot in the closing days of the war, suspecting him of treason, while Gretl was pregnant.
Jennaya chapter 14 . 8/16/2012
Hogan skated out on that one, good thing Burkhalter back tracked. Good story thanks for sharing.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 13 . 8/12/2012
What a bad time for Albert's words to come back to haunt her. I hope Hogan is able to make her feel better.
Jennaya chapter 13 . 8/12/2012
I was wondering how her brother's words would affect her. All actions have consequences and she's broken her wedding vows. How will she deal with it?
Jennaya chapter 12 . 8/12/2012
I love Wilson's remark that it's good exercise. In his own way, Burkhalter loves his sister and is only doing what he feels is the best for her. I hope Otto comes home to Gertrude.
Jennaya chapter 11 . 8/12/2012
Burkhalter is no dummy and he might work it out of Gertrude eventually.
Jennaya chapter 10 . 8/12/2012
I like the way Hogan cared for Gertrude, but in the end, he proves he's just a man. Now, he's going to pay for thinking with the little head.
Jennaya chapter 9 . 8/12/2012
Poor Gertrude, but I like how she put her brother in his place.
snowleopard13 chapter 12 . 8/9/2012
Good job with saving Hogan from General Burkhalter. Gertrude came to the rescue and I'm glad she remembered to lock the door to her bedroom. However, now that Burkhalter saw the flowers and extra wine glass he is already trying to figure out who she has been taking to her bed.
To bad Hogan is the enemy and that relationship would bring nothing but disgrace for the Buckhalter family because a shoot gun wedding would be funny for the both of them.
Hogan's plans for Klink and Burkhalter after dinner is a good idea if he wants to make tonight special and memorable for Gertrude. Interesting how these two have come together and really wants to make the other one happy it's sweet.
I laughed out loud when I read about Carter's outburst to Wilson about Hogan speeding time with Gertrude being the reason why Hogan is tired and then Hogan almost chokes on his food, Newkirk spits out his coffe and Wilson laughing followed by Wilson's comment that its good for the heart.
Can't wait to see wait happens next.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 12 . 8/8/2012
It seems that regardless of what Gertrude told him, that Burkhalter did not believe her and is still convinced she had a man in bed with her that night. Let's just hope nothing goes wrong with the sleeping pill maneuver and that Hogan and Gertrude can have that last night together.
Sgt. Hakeswill chapter 11 . 8/4/2012
Whew! That was a close shave. And I don't think I could have "risen to the occasion" again if I'd been Hogan, either.

I guess both he and Gertrude were so flustered about what had happened that they forgot that they'd left the goblets and other things out for Burkhalter to notice. Burkhalter is very crafty - I hope Hogan won't be walking into a trap.

Actually, Schultz would be quite worthy to join the Burkhalter family, considering that he owns the Schatzi Toy Company. But perhaps Burkhalter doesn't know that about him.

Can't wait to read the next chapter.
St PA chapter 11 . 8/4/2012
Thank you for updating quickly. I wasn't planning to say anything, but my inner feelings needed to be voiced. I was jumping for joy when Hogan had second thoughts about seeing Gertrude again [physically]. Finally, commonsense kicking in. When he had a change of heart after Carter's comment, I groaned in frustration - Hogan's decision to make the most of his and Gertrude's time together as it would be the end of their rendezvous. To add insult to injury regarding Hogan's rationale and excuses [to us the reading public] that because of spending time and night(s) with Gertrude he was calmer and relaxed; he was a better commander getting rid of his stress and tenseness; and he was becoming a better, more effective leader. Excuse me, what a bunch of crock - there are many other methods that can accomplish the same results. Consoling each other doesn't necessarily have to involve getting physical every time they're together. I'm hoping against hope that the last meeting between Hogan and Gertrude will be just talk - I think they've had enough time and opportunity during the previous days, meetings, and nights to adequately release whatever pent up frustrations they were individually harboring. It sounds to me at this juncture their primary focus is the physical enjoyment of each other - all the other so called reasons are just excuses. Thanks, as always, for allowing me to voice my opinions. I apologize for such a lengthy tirade. BTW, Congratulations on a well-written story because it's gotten me (and possibly other readers) up in arms over a "fictitious" situation. God Bless.