Reviews for An Interesting Man
reallybodmin chapter 6 . 9/2/2013
Hello everybody. I had read this story before and loved it, but even more so now that I have been reviewed by Chapin myself. Aren't we all lucky?
Guest chapter 6 . 8/18/2013
Even though this was written last year I just found the fan fiction site recently so I am going third and reading everything that is compete. Your story was a sweet glimpse into the Doc and Louisa Thank you.
DeclanS chapter 6 . 7/24/2012
There is great chemistry at work here that enables six fine and well established writers to function as an ensemble in order to concoct another charming and well-crafted story.

Great summer reading.

It's a lovely and generous thing to do to create and dedicate a story to one of our most thoughtfull and insightful reviewers. No doubt it does his heart good to read it as it does ours.
Guest chapter 6 . 7/20/2012
Well, I was a bit sceptical at the start, but I really grew to love this story, so thanks y'all for writing it!
lucysmom chapter 6 . 7/20/2012
as usual, great job, folks...can't wait to read another one...
Guest chapter 6 . 7/20/2012
Love it immensely!
Biscuit50 chapter 6 . 7/20/2012
This is a really charming look back at so many of the wonderful events that give this series its character and flavor. Your introduction of "aliens" (ok, americans) to provide a different lens on the subjects at hand is a nice device. Hope you all collaborate some more. Good work.
Chapin chapter 6 . 7/20/2012
Fun - why I have had more fun than the proverbial poke in the eye with a sharp stick. This has been simply delightful. Thank you again for the honor. All of this business reminds me of the following:

I tried to teach my child with books;
He gave me only puzzled looks.
I tried to teach my child with words;
They passed him by, often unheard.
Despairingly I turned aside;
"How shall I teach this child," I cried?
Into my hand he put the key,
"Come," he said, "Play with me!"
Author Unknown

So those who may make light of this enjoyable enterprise simply do not understand. The enjoyment has led to relationship and concern. That is a pretty good deal, and fun that is better felt than told. Not to say you should not be telling. Back to work people!
fanficfan71 chapter 6 . 7/19/2012
Another great story everyone, thanks for sharing.
partsguy chapter 5 . 7/13/2012
The Doc never misses a chance to not admit he made a mistake. i.e. the dish washer. And it is surprising that he wasn't more critical of Hal's dish washing skills. Or of the accusation that he hated not only the villagers but Louisa and his son. Seems that Louisa would have left him long before this.
A good chapter, not sure yet which way this is going to go. But I look forward to finding out.
Chapin chapter 5 . 7/13/2012
Coincidence? Or "Things don't just happen. They happen just." It comes together so Hal has a chance to speak and thoughts and circumstances cause Martin
to be somewhat open to his words. What will Martin and Louisa do with planted seeds? Also Martin recognizes competence and Hal moves from "bloody yank" to a person of interest. This will probably get more fun before it's over.
fanficfan71 chapter 5 . 7/13/2012
Martin and Chough's were not a good mix. I'm glad he listened to Hal. Zarie's idea about opening surgery 15 mins later was a good thought.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
Will the lights going off portend light coming on for Martin?
Chapin chapter 4 . 7/9/2012
The darkness may indeed portend a bit of enlightenment for Martin who is scoring a 9.5 on the curmudgeon scale at the moment.
fanficfan71 chapter 4 . 7/7/2012
Looks like dinner is going to be very interesting indeed. Looking forward to the next update. Great chapter.