Reviews for Marvelous Legends of Republic City
BlackJoker013 chapter 3 . 7/21/2013
Tenzin's voice actor's is the same guy who does .Jameson on ultimate spiderman ha ha oh yeah and the live action one too
RexBlazer1 chapter 16 . 6/25/2013
I couldn't really tell, are Korra and Kuzon a couple in this or not?
BenRG chapter 6 . 2/10/2013
Well... no. Sorry, apart from the pacing problem that I mentioned in an earlier review, you're falling into the old crossover trap of being unbalanced. Basically, you're just writing a random Marvel story with background LoK characters . The fact that you aren't including them more makes the story less interesting in my eyes.

It's a shame because the concept had a lot of potential but from the moment you included Deadpool, I had my doubts and this chapter cemented them. I'm afraid that this is where I bow out.
BenRG chapter 4 . 2/10/2013
Deadpool and Wolverine? In the same city? Okay, that's just bad news.

Here's a bit of advice: Things are happening too fast in this story. STOP introducing new characters in every chapter. You need to give each new character a chance to settle into the story, perhaps even have more interactions between the Krew and the superheroes; maybe Korra can even find out a little about some of them via contacts in the spirit plane. Or maybe Lin might unearth some clues about their background from their methods - canon Daredevil was trained by a priesthood that sounds a bit like a male Kyoshi Warriors, for example and Punisher was a former marine; maybe Avatar-verse Punisher's methods and tools remind Lin of things she did whilst she was in the United Forces.

Deadpool, of course, will have access to the spirit plane; maybe Aang can tell Korra a bit about the man so mad that he sees the truths that others cannot see.
BenRG chapter 3 . 2/10/2013
A medieval version of Punisher! Now, he's a totally different issue. Frank Castle is a man driven mad by loss and injustice. His objectives are good but his methods are terrible to behold and, as the years have passed, he's slipped further and further into being as much of a problem as the scum he hunts. When a man has decided that he has the right to decide who lives and who dies based on his own sense of right and wrong, worth and worthlessness, then he has started down the same path that Amon and Ozai both trod.

Oh, his intentions are good but it only takes one mistake, one mis-aimed shot to turn the whole thing into a horrible tragedy.
BenRG chapter 2 . 2/10/2013
I wonder if Avatar-verse DD is an airbender. Daredevil's 'sonar sense' could easily be an adaptation of an air-bender's ability to 'see' based on microscopic changes in air pressure.

Now... I'm thinking that Korra should hand Lin an eyepatch and suggest that, instead of trying to /eliminate/ the costumed heroes, she offers them a /job/. After all, Amon's rampage shows that there are some problems that go beyond the City Guard's normal capabilities and that special abilities and special perspectives are sometimes needed to... Avenge... the innocent.
M0b1uz chapter 16 . 2/1/2013
pfft! You totally stole that ending from the Incredibles!
MegaBob452 chapter 16 . 1/30/2013
It seems weird to have Avatar characters talk about movies and cartoons. At best I can see silent film fitting into the 20's style world. But in a world where superheroes are coming out of the woodwork, this is kind of nitpicky.

Badgermoleman? I'm not familiar with who that's supposed to be.

One question about the sequel. Will the Kree-Skrull war be featured in any way?
Anonymous Rex chapter 16 . 1/21/2013
Wonderful end to the story. Can't wait for the sequel.
Keep writing!
Baron von Nobody chapter 16 . 1/20/2013
Ha! Nice... Much better rewrite... although, you could have mentioned Tenzin's displeasure with Jinora running around as a hero... but eventually got over it...

Anyway... can't wait to see the sequel... looking forward to it...

Signed,
Mr. Nobody
Glittering Turquoise chapter 16 . 1/20/2013
Good night Captain! I will see your sequel soon!
MegaBob452 chapter 15 . 1/20/2013
Personally I don't like big Infodumps like the one Aang gave to Korra. Feels like lazy writing when another character has to explain what powers the hero has instead of that character discovering them for herself. But it did capture the standard Avatar canon response to solving problems: Deus Ex Machina.

Nice references to golden and silver ages of comics though. Kudos.

Kind of underwhelmed by how quickly Amon was beaten. Given the build-up to him being Doctor Doom, I was expecting a fight that would require all of the heroes to bring him down. I don't suppose the old excuse of "It was a Doombot" can apply here?
kyrogue23 chapter 16 . 1/20/2013
Great story dude and can't wait for season 2 of legend of korra.
Asgardian Dovahkiin chapter 16 . 1/20/2013
Awesome!
Asgardian Dovahkiin chapter 15 . 1/20/2013
DAT COVER

Anyhow, that was really awesome!