Reviews for Hundred Leaf Blossom 百叶花
Canadarulz chapter 28 . 2/14
I would quite enjoy an update.
Animefreak126 chapter 29 . 1/12
This story has been an amazing read so far. I'm sorry I didn't review every chapter, I was just speeding from one to the next. I cannot get enough. There are so many impressive things to compliment. First let me say your writing is great. It's a high level, which makes it even more enjoyable to read. Your understanding of the characters is also really great. That's my favorite part. I feel like everything happening is extremely plausible. Sometimes writers manipulate the characters for their own satisfaction without really giving much regard to the characters and their own personalities, but I didn't feel that at all in this story. It was very refreshing. You seem to carefully think about what's fitting for the character's actions and you go through his thought process. It's fun to be able to identify with the struggles of the characters. I love the way you portray Shang and his struggle between love and position. It's written so well! Also you seem to have a great understanding of the culture back then. This really brings the story to another level. It's 100 times more believable because of the cultural context you have taken great care to include. I'm sure I could compliment you on so much more! I don't want to annoy you though. Anyway, I love this story. I hope it is something that you are still thinking about. I am dying for the next chapter! So if it's any motivation, you have yet another reader who is thoroughly dedicated to the story! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! Please update when you can!
Canadarulz chapter 3 . 12/23/2013
It's like a Christmas present!
Faust91x chapter 29 . 12/4/2013
Glad to see an update. Its really fun to watch their relationship and how its affected by outside circumstances such as this war.

Really good writing.
Guest chapter 29 . 12/3/2013
Updateee
Bao Li Na chapter 29 . 12/2/2013
Hi there. Sorry for not reviewing the previous two chapters. This chapter was AMAZING! It had the perfect balance of humor, romance, and some angst. It was definitely worth waiting for. I guess all my "annoying" questions have an answer now. However, my head is fast in the construction of new ones. Thus, the one haunting me now is WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN THERE?! It was cut when it was getting even more interesting. They are just too close! Playing with fire, they might as well burn.

On the other hand, it is admirable how much they have resisted, especially Shang. His morals, his honor, just make him even more irresistible.

I really enjoyed the humor of the situation.

You always find a way to keep us readers engaged. :) If I haven't said it enough this is a Great fanfic. I loved the transition from something serious to humorous and then sort of serious again. I just enjoy when they argue about nonsense.

As usual I am looking forward to see what comes up next.
Guest chapter 28 . 11/5/2013
"I'd give you an eternity, if you gave me a moment to remember you by." Beautiful. It's been days since I've read this chapter and I can remember that line still. I've been trying to figure out it's meaning and I'm just drawing blanks. Can you explain it to me?
Holly Golightly chapter 28 . 11/5/2013
Okay, if this doesn't lead to a proposal and an acceptance then I am going to cry. Especially after reading chapter 27 and that last line.

Anyways, you write so beautifully. I read the entire story this evening. I couldn't stop reading. You don't need to write these overly romantic moments, and yet you've made me fall in love with Mulan and Shang and their entire relationship. This is without a doubt one of the best stories on here, if not THE BEST story here. You don't need plot twists or anything to keep me hooked (and what I really mean, please don't twist this around and make me sad by having Mulan and Shang not end up together).

I hope you do continue. It has been a while since your last update (I'm really just being impatient). And I do look forward to your next chapter!
Anise Nalci chapter 28 . 10/18/2013
I just adore your Mulan stories. I can't wait for you to continue! :D
Ruan Chun Xian chapter 28 . 10/6/2013
I’m not sure what to say for an overall review. I could gush over your use the descriptions, language and the gorgeous blends of emotions in your story again. But mostly I just love the way their relationship develops throughout. The love and affection between flows effortlessly but it is never an easy and rarely peaceful relationship. There are many misunderstandings and differences but you still get the sense that these conflicts make them stronger and gives hope that they will eventually come up better people out of it and be happy together. Thank you for this beautiful story and I’m very eagerly looking forward to more.
Ruan Chun Xian chapter 12 . 10/6/2013
The easy way out, of course, would be to admit that he cares for her, or offer some comfort to show that he understands her anger (and I think he does). But of course this is the time period it is and they are a man and a woman and that just isn't done...sigh.
Ruan Chun Xian chapter 11 . 10/6/2013
Oh my gosh. Wow. This is possibly my favourite chapter so far. The conflict is real, the emotions are so very real and both Shang and Mulan have the rights to the very conflicting they feel. You managed to tell both their sides of the situation so wonderfully. Of course this is a scene that would have happened when a woman is to be in a high ranking position in an army full of men. Mulan's tirade is justified but so Shang's constant sensibility to army ranks and regulation. That last bit about how he cannot defend her, even as a friend, is very powerful.
Ruan Chun Xian chapter 5 . 10/6/2013
The images in this chapter is just beautiful and horridly (and I say this with all the compliments in the world) vivid. I shuddered at this sentence: "Some of the living were asleep next to the corpses, fatigue catching them as their General had proclaimed China's victory." It is such a very accurate description but also heart-clenchingly so.
Ruan Chun Xian chapter 4 . 10/6/2013
The playfulness between them here is wonderful, especially when intertwined with the realism like a man like Shang would still adhere to traditions and try to do everything properly, as is only right for both of them.
Ruan Chun Xian chapter 2 . 10/6/2013
The sexual tension here is palpable and yet you write it so effectively in so few words! I am in awe!