Reviews for Toxic and Roost
Ten-Faced chapter 6 . 6/20/2013
The cubone is an absolutely adorable cupid with a skull.

I think you gave Janine's personality a very deep and thoughtful analysis. She must have really idolized her father - to argue about him with a dude in a mall is something that takes dedication - and then to figure out that he was a high-ranking member in the criminal organization that goes against her very beliefs must have been absolutely terrible for a young woman.

Thanks so much for the update!
LoveGlutton chapter 4 . 1/29/2013
You have a right to be proud i'd've read a book like that from bginning to end
ILikeShorts chapter 5 . 9/8/2012
This surprised me in a good way... there were a few things in the beginning that led me to believe this whole collection would be a bit dark for my tastes. (A child training till she bleeds is kind of an off-putting visual, though I can understand why it'd make sense in Janine's case.) But I kept reading because I love this pairing, and I'm glad I did.

I like how the first two pieces mirror each other... it's a really effective way to show how much Falkner and Janine have in common. And the next few are either adorable or hilarious or both. Some of the bits I loved:

-Them getting kicked out of the Celadon Department Store... I can so see that happening
-Same goes for blowing up the Fighting Dojo
-The idea of Falkner as a "pretty boy wind-rider"
-"Planet of the Aipoms"... I LOL'd
-Other leaders having to referee their disputes
-Falkner being scared of Janine "going ninja"

I do have one suggestion for improvement, because I absolutely love these stories, but there's one issue that detracts from some of them (the ones with dialogue, to be specific). Whenever someone new speaks, it needs to be in a different paragraph from the previous speaker. It's a standard rule of writing, and things can get pretty confusing if you don't follow it.

Other than that, though, the writing in this is excellent. So I hope you fix the paragraphing thing, and I'm looking forward to reading more! :D
japaneserockergirl chapter 5 . 7/29/2012
Oooh...and the date had been going so well too...well, at least they didn't fight this time. -weak smile-

Keep writing and update soon!

Ten-Faced chapter 5 . 7/25/2012
The ending was hilarious. Poor guy... but at least chivalry isn't dead yet!
japaneserockergirl chapter 4 . 6/25/2012
That was a really great chapter! It flowed so smoothly and the except from the novel at the end was a really nice touch. I also like how you went into depth about Falkner's past; it really ties everything together.

Ten-Faced chapter 4 . 6/25/2012
I can see why you would be proud of this chapter, it's freaking amazing!

Never pegged them as an avid reader, but it certainly is nice to see them like this.

Ten-Faced chapter 3 . 6/24/2012
Ah, I love this pairing.

Really surprised at the lack of reviews. Children these days...

japaneserockergirl chapter 3 . 6/23/2012
Note to self: NEVER watch a match between Janine and Falkner. There will be blood-my blood. XD

So glad that someone's doing a one-shot compliation with these two: they just don't get enough love. Keep writing and update soon!