Reviews for My Son, I Am Dying
Atarah Derek chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
Not gonna cry...not gonna cry...not gonna...Oh, forget it!

Iroh is best prince. No offense, Zuko.
MidnightWolf191 chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
I like it,
EuterpeMuse chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
So beautiful I was close to tears at the end!
deadly.ballerina chapter 1 . 2/1/2013
Oh my God, this is just not as appreciated as it should be: so sadly beautiful! Thank you so very much for this story, really! I cried the beginning to the end!

I had/have a hard time with my father, too, and sometimes while I was seeing A:TLA a long time ago... I just wished I had someone like him to look after me, because a father is never enough... Every one should have "a dad", a model like Iroh somewhere along the way. And yet what is really kind of funny is that all those years have passed, while the wish is still the same.

... I'm really seeing myself at Iroh's spot, too, you know? Sometimes you just ask "why" to yourself and it's hard not to let the pain be felt, no matter how long it's been since the hurting. Sometimes you just need to feel the pain, to remind you that if you can still feel... So you too can still live, and love... One day.
And, for some reason, in the end I just want too, to be able to protect some from hurting with the things I've learned in life "the-hard-way", just like he did with Zuko. Someday I'd like to be somebody's Iroh. I really do.

So thank you again, as I think the only really precious pieces of literature are those who can speak beyond the words' true meaning, and yoru work meant a lot to me. Thank you.
Windsong chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
I have no idea what to do with all the feelings this fic has made well up inside of me. There's a sort of poetry in the way you've worded things here. I especially loved the last scene, which made me tear up pretty strongly-it was the ginseng (callback to the beginning) that did it there. I loved how you captured Iroh's change over his lifetime. This is an excellent fic.
Abby09 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
That was absolutely amazing. And sad :')
YourDreamer138 chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
I adore Iroh, and this story does him justice. The writing style is perfect, something I've tried to do many times but never succeeded at. This is just a truly amazing perception of Iroh's life and thank you for sharing it :)
Pocket Quasar chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
This. This. So sad, but there is just something beautiful about it. Iroh was one of the most beautiful characters in the entire series, and my favourite too. I love the way you wrote this; it was just so full of life and happiness and everything else that Iroh was. Thank you for a beautiful piece!
Zane-Ice-Fairy chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Oh my gosh, this was so beautiful. I cried. You're such a good writer. :)
The Scarlet Empress chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Beautifully written. I started shedding tears when Lu Ten died and the last part of the story. I just... let me tearbend

But really though, I'm at loss for words!
Jokermask18 chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Iroh's my favorite too. In LOK,when I heard his name again, I actually gasped. This is so wonnderful.
almostinsane chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Great story! This was truly a fitting tribute for a great man. Thanks for writing this. God bless!
Princess Diana Artemis chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
This is so beautiful. So painful, yet endearing almost like we're finally understanding Iroh: his pain, his love, and his sacrifices.

Truly an incredible story!