Reviews for To The Ends Of Middle Earth
WolfPotato chapter 10 . 1/13/2013
Your story is great, and, in my opinion, the second ending is the best.
ElrondofImladris chapter 10 . 1/3/2013
Ah, it's a dang relief you posted this! I read the other part at stories of Arda and sobbed my heart out. I rarely cry and this totally did the job. Heartwrenchingly sad, but still loved it. Especially the alternative ending.
tarooso chapter 9 . 10/29/2012
hi!
great story (well, up to where i am at in it!)
but i have one question and im probably going to sound incredibly stupid for saying it... but i dont seem to have any dignity and pride left so ima ask anyway!
how did legolas die? im sorry but its just a tad confusing for me...
sorry! for the rude interuption!
have a good day!
tarooso
gginsc chapter 10 . 6/2/2011
Well, this is more like it! I hate it when Legolas dies! Great story. Both endings were very imaginative.
Legolas Lover chapter 10 . 2/5/2011
I love Legolas so I perfered the second ending. The first was to sad and made me cry
gryphon ice fire 98 chapter 10 . 1/15/2011
By the end of the second chapter I was sobbing. I am very glad that you made an alternate ending. Also, I have read the books.

gryphon
Tari Surion chapter 6 . 12/23/2008
Wonderful story so far, *sniffs* must find out what happens to Legolas.
T'Kath chapter 10 . 7/12/2008
wow - Jay you realy know how to write, its amazing. The characters are so well drawn and the storyline is being kept very well indeed. Concerning the ending: As much as I like fluff and happy endings, the first one is more in keeping with the whole. Not that I dont like Legolas...

Again, well done indeed.

Hannon le,

TKath
Lady Anne chapter 10 . 1/18/2007
OMG! The version where he died was SO sad! I much prefer the alternate ending! Nicely done.
Nieriel Raina chapter 10 . 11/9/2006
I liked them both very much! I LOVED the heartbreaking loss when he really died... but...but...*sobs* it was nice to have him not die too... very satisfying to have both possibilities! thanks for writing!

NiRi
Elladan of Rivendell chapter 10 . 7/20/2005
well, since you told me to review...

I like the new ending better. It seems more like Legolas, ya know? To seem dead, get everybody worked up, make Aragorn and Gimli stand all night long just to have him wake up the next morning, it definately suites him better. Brilliant story, and don't stop with the AU! The gap-fillers are good, but if it wasnt for AU, FanFics wouldnt have taken off, and you are good at it!
beardymouse chapter 5 . 1/1/2005
well, actually this counts for 2 reviews. my sister and i are reading your story. it's just so great! i ove it! shwe loves it! we love it! yeah, see.. we're using the same computer..the other lousy thing broke down for no reason whatsoever.. and we're not allowed to submit more than one review for each chapter... 2 admirerd waiting!
butterfly-elf chapter 10 . 8/29/2004
i like both. I like the first one with him dying, but that wud then want people to know thranduil's reaction. the second one is good coz its still happy but people wud still say its rubbish not killin him in the end. so i like both together.

x
Lianna chapter 10 . 7/18/2004
I will join those who prefer the alternate ending (sentimental slob that I am). I suppose the original version is of greater literary merit, but it's too painful for me to accept.

I like the way you chose to have Legolas recover, too. The "Why is everyone staring at me?" response and Legolas's sudden - and quite logical - concern over Eldarion were just exactly right.

Thanks for providing this version for those of us who really, really love the elf.
Lianna chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
A first time fanfic writer who kills off Legolas in the first chapter!

Now THAT has to be one for the record books.

It's splendidly written, though. Poor Aragorn. Poor Legolas. Poor everybody.