Reviews for To The Ends Of Middle Earth
butterfly-elf chapter 10 . 8/29/2004
i like both. I like the first one with him dying, but that wud then want people to know thranduil's reaction. the second one is good coz its still happy but people wud still say its rubbish not killin him in the end. so i like both together.

Lianna chapter 10 . 7/18/2004
I will join those who prefer the alternate ending (sentimental slob that I am). I suppose the original version is of greater literary merit, but it's too painful for me to accept.

I like the way you chose to have Legolas recover, too. The "Why is everyone staring at me?" response and Legolas's sudden - and quite logical - concern over Eldarion were just exactly right.

Thanks for providing this version for those of us who really, really love the elf.
Lianna chapter 1 . 7/18/2004
A first time fanfic writer who kills off Legolas in the first chapter!

Now THAT has to be one for the record books.

It's splendidly written, though. Poor Aragorn. Poor Legolas. Poor everybody.
Mint Bubble chapter 10 . 4/10/2004
Thank god, he survived! it just seemed, no, he cant die like this! he needs to die (if he has to, personally i want him alive and well) in battle, or something, taking down his enemies too.
you know what i mean.
i definately prefer the second ending. he must live.
you are a great writer. i love your stuff.
keep writing.
legolas! *tee hee*
IceElf2008 chapter 10 . 11/9/2003
They are both brilliant, but being a massive Legolas fan I have to say the second makes me happier
IceElf2008 chapter 5 . 11/9/2003
This is so sad...
IceElf2008 chapter 1 . 11/9/2003

Legolas the poster: I'm dead...

Aranel: Wa
Elenora1 chapter 10 . 9/15/2003
This story is very, very had me riveted to my seat from the very first page...but then when Legolas died...I nearly did! I am a die-hard Legolas fan, but I try to avoid reading anything that entails major character's just too depressing. I don't mind lots of angst, elf torture...but although it may be silly, I always like the stories I read to at least end on a half-way encouraging note. So when I read your original ending, although the story was very, very good and very well written, I must admit that I was very disatisfied after the end. So, as I'm sure you already realize, this modified ending was much more satisfying to left me feeling a whole lot better about your entire story.

I'm sure this kind of reaction probably drives many authors nuts, but I know I keep running across other LotR fans that feel the same way...they can handle the angst, they can handle the extreme drama and suspense, they can enjoy the "torture," just so long as there is a positive resolution (and no major character death) by the end. We're all a bunch of wimps, I know!

So, thanks for the altered ending...I appreciate your efforts to give the readers what they me, that shows that you pay attention to the reviews.

Symian chapter 10 . 9/11/2003
i think that the first ending is beautiful, because it was pure sacrifice, but because of the love i hold for our dear elf, i liked the second one as well.
SalemsCat chapter 10 . 8/24/2003
The pink fluffy ending is my favorite. Its just...

my mood in these days. Normaly I don't crave

happy endings, but at least I don't have to cry

this way (am getting old)
dragonfly chapter 10 . 7/25/2003
I have to say I liked the happy ending better. The first one was very well written, but I hate when stories make me sit here at my computer and sob like I did this morning! Excellent story, with either ending, but my vote goes for the second one.
Scoop-K chapter 10 . 7/7/2003
I have to admit I prefer the "He LIVES" ending, but I see the logic in having the dead stay dead. I spent the entire story expecting the return of Legolas and was beginning to lose hope right around the beginning of 9. Anyway, it's probably good that there are two endings, so that those of us unable to part with Legolas may be appeased (or in serious denial... there was a section 9? Where?) I especially appreciated the extra insight into Gimli in your alternate ending, by the way... great story!
Sorrow chapter 10 . 6/21/2003
Hm...Interesting. Same great story, two locations. The Mellon Chronicles AND ? Very convinient. I takeoff my hat to you!
erunyauve chapter 10 . 5/23/2003
I love your explanation of Thranduil's dungeons - that they were only storerooms and wine cellars - and it's not at all 'uncanonical', since we only know what happened in The Hobbit from Bilbo's point of view. He certainly would never have seen a real dungeon, and would accept the dwarves calling them dungeons. The dwarves, for their part, probably wouldn't know what such a thing was, either - they would have heard of dungeons second-hand from Gandalf's story of visiting Thrain at Dol Guldur. And there is no doubt that Sauron's dungeons would be a very different thing from anything any of the free peoples of ME could dream up.
runaround chapter 10 . 3/14/2003
I like the ending with Legolas alive more, if for any reason, because it goes along with Tolkien. Legolas and Gimli travel to the Grey Havens together, and that would be hard, though an interesting sight to see, if Legolas were dead...
127 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »