Reviews for House of Lies
WriterGirl9 chapter 1 . 1/5
I gotta know what the file name means.
Jet M Doods chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
God damn. I did NOT see that coming. This is really well done and very unsettling. I really thought Tim was going to leave but I sometimes forget that he's really just as damaged as Bruce and there's no way he could go far for long no matter how many times he tries. Bravo!
ForgottenJuliette chapter 1 . 10/23/2014
That was really awesome and well written. It was also really creepy!
Cocoaflower chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
Wow, Jason and Damian being the only two sane people... *whistles* That's going to be tough. :) I love the thought of the sequel though. I'm still left on the edge of wondering if Dick is still a bit sane or not? I kinda like those thoughts- "what happens when Dick visits and finds Jason in the basement, or when Damian starts trying to kill Tim, and will Dick get away with being the only family member not in the manor?' :D
McNineSpike chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Holy Crap! It all makes sense now… Wow.
I had a feeling after reading chapter two, but damn.

Well, I'm still looking forward to reading chapter three of Affected Family. BTW. I understand the title now… I knew it was the verb use of the word, but I didn't understand just how….changed the family would be or is. Wonderful job.
Egg Emperor chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
HOLY F-ING S_IT BATMAN!... Dear God... Dear.. someone. I feel actually physically ill...

Dearest Author,
I never... in all the stories that I've ever read ... I've felt emotion no doubt; but a physical symptom? One other then perhaps slight tears? Never. This is beyond words, it's creepy and it's vile and wonderful and terrible to behold. What makes it just so horrifying is that, it's in a way plausible; something that could conceivably happen in some twisted alter world. Bruce stalking his apprentices choosing them before then causing the death of their parents and adopting them;the way he reminisces his plot to obtain poor Dickie, his joy and how he recounts the thrill is nauseating, his fixation on him like predator from some crime show. It's like something out of an episode of Criminal Minds. Poor Tim... is Stockholm-ed or worse has seemed to have drunk deep of the Cool-aid and become consumed in the madness (That last scene was with Timmy as a Stepford Child was just creepy) And poor Jason shackled down and chained. Then Damian just walks into it completely unaware that he's just doomed himself. God the chills the chills.

Sincerely,
-Johannes, The Egg Emperor
S.I chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
Holy shit! Batman and Robin are freakin' crazy! I love it! Poor Jay, stuck handcuffed to a bed with his insane little family. At least he's still sane, I hope he escapes somehow. But, hey Jason's a wildcard, and that's why I love him.
Dontblink chapter 1 . 7/17/2014
Holy shit! This was a shocker.
And though I really like this fic for its creep factor, I'm almost afraid to know what the sequel would look like. I hope Dick never finds out. Oh my god...we really don't need another mentally/emotionally brittle family member.

I already accept Jason as a lost cause. He's already crazy, if in another way. Let him escape on his own. At this point I think only Dick's ignorance and affectionate nature protects him from being kidnapped (as well as the fact that they know he's very loyal to his family.)
But god! Poor Tim! Still can't over it. What a horror story. And Damien doesn't know what he's getting himself into. I got chills with what Tim thought after Damien told Bruce. Dangerous words indeed...
Renx27 chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Awesome story XD love twisted dark Bruce. I wonder what would happen to Damian ?
konohaflameninja chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
Woah! I really liked it!

I love how much of a psycho Bruce looks like but he's not because he seems to care about the boys :'D

You'd make me very happy if you post a secuel or another fic whit the same kind of Bruce and more of Jason :3 pleeeeeaaaseeeee?
Whistle Mist chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
OMG!
I read this on my way to work and I can only say that this is the most amazing piece of twisted!Bruce I have ever seen! I LOVED IT! It was so subtle but powerful! AND Tim! OMG, He loved Bruce so much that he actually made himself believe that Bruce IS his real Father! And Jason's part on how he's the sane one! Beautifully done! I only read ones where Jason is bat shit insane but this! THIS! This is so delicious that I can't even!

Twisted Bruce Father is so amazing! I get that he loves his children, but the way he gets them in this story! And how he knew that Jack was going to fight him and how he killed him off was so... SO... IDK IT WAS JUST AMAZING!

Tim so cute, so sweet and he's is Bruce's perfect child! OH GOD PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE WITTING THE NEXT PART, PLEASE ME YOU'RE GOING TO POST IT SOON, I CAN'T STAND THIS INTENSE WAITING!

I love you so much, you're my new best friend! 8D PLEASE UPDATE SOON
Darkangelwitch chapter 1 . 11/1/2013
That was creepy disturbing and sweet at times think I'd like it more if Jason started to give in.
CloudyDream chapter 1 . 2/14/2013
That's just the right shade of creepy and twisted and freak'n cool. Well done!
WolfTail Run chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
So creepy!
Lector chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Okay, wow. I am deeply disturbed by this, and at the same time, weirdly intrigued. Batman and Robin has never been such a terrifying concept.
It makes me wonder. Tim in pre-reboot canon (or hell, post-reboot) with his current emancipation and estrangement from Bruce-how would he respond to a world where Bruce wanted him around badly enough to kill?
I'm going to be thinking about this and twitching for a long time.