Reviews for Coming to Terms
25Dragonfly chapter 8 . 13h
I've gotta say, you've got me hooked. Your OC's are...quite intersting (for lack of a better word,).

My only question is, wasn't Freya the first persocom built? then again, i have a lot to catch up on.
x00r chapter 52 . 9/27
Verbal and *literal* Minako smackdown... awww yiss! Loving this. I'm not sure I agree with her about the island though, I still feel uneasy about everyone setting foot on Ailinginae...

I think Reiji almost had a point, though. Not about the sexism thing of course, but persocom emotions. If the persocoms were being truly logical a Council meeting would've been almost redundant since it would be inherently obvious which way forward was best (back down a bit, appeal to humans, win them over, etc). Reiji has kind of accidentally stumbled across a key point in that the persocoms on the island *can't* be objective; at least, not any more. He just erroneously applies that to Minako and female 'coms instead of persocoms as a whole. Because of course, he can't be objective either!

Looking forward to what's next!
IdiAmeanDada chapter 52 . 9/11
So I have been negligent in keeping up with this story, as I have with most of what I have been following on the site. I binge read the last 10-12 chapters after I figured out where I had left off last time. Story continues to flow quite well. You story telling is top notch.

If there is on fear I have, and other may disagree with me here, but it seems to me that Minako is starting to be a little Mary-Sue'ish. She pretty much has had the correct solution and the perfect come-back for everything these past 10-12 chapters. She needs some perspective, I think.

Also, her dominance in her relationship with Junji has been on display quite a bit. In a marriage where they are supposed to be equal partners, she seems to enjoy reminding him that his brain is inferior to hers. After a while, the constant reminders can grate on a person, and lead to resentment.

It is good to see Ueda and Yumi. Brings it back that this is a prequel to our favorite story. Going to be sad to watch Yumi deteriorate down the road.
Shark Byte chapter 52 . 9/7
That was a good one; Minako is showing some serious ambassador skills now.

When she met that rude 'com on her way to the meeting, I was thinking "Yeah, here comes one of the 'anti-human' persocoms they were worried about". His being a chauvinist instead was a surprise.

Expanding persocom society... Kind of what Stephen Hawking has been warning us about. I can definitely see this causing a lot of fear among us carbon-based people.

The way they were communicating in the council chamber looked like it had some serious advantages (in addition to speed). Just like in a chat room or forum, even if someone else starts talking while you are, both comments still get across. No one can talk over top of anyone else.

Looking forward to seeing how the negotiations go on the human side, and I'm glad to see that Junji is being encouraged to get his full Doctor degree...
LeafeonLover chapter 52 . 9/5
Damn i hate sexist people makes me so mad im glad for minakos response though now i know what to say if somene ever says that to me ;) thanks minako-chan! Good luck on the negotiations.
webidolchiu94 chapter 52 . 9/4
Wow. the intricacies of this chapter are stunning. I loved the flow of logic used with the negotiation with the council. Minako is so smart. so very smart. Her reasonableness is what keeps the whole story together. Gina. is. totes adorbs. She tried to greet him in Japanese! (So very happy) I'm also glad she made a comeback. I liked her in the earlier story arc. Yumi and Ueda tagging along really do bring some new flavor to it. Aha. They're a cute couple, too. I was definitely most surprised by the sexist Persocom. NO ONE IS IMMUNE. Ha. There will always be bigots. Minako really put him in his place, like, hot dang. I'm impressed by the council's response to that as well. Thank you for the chapter. If I was an ink-drinking Vampire, this would be a most scrumptious meal. More. I need more! But no rush. No pressure.
x00r chapter 51 . 7/30
200 reviews! Congrats mate! :D

This was a fun read. Satoru got off awfully lightly, didn't he... I suspect Rika feels his crushing embarrassment is punishment enough. Cringe. I'm so glad he was made aware of his behaviour though, I thought he was going to live on in ignorant bliss until the final part of the chapter, haha. Also 130dB? Yikes! I remember the days I used to put silly sound systems in the car, in that enclosed space at 120dB my vision was going blurry.

I very much like the idea of persocoms adopting human tactics for games... surely a frustrating experience for those of them with less patience, though!
Chaos Invoker chapter 51 . 7/20

1) Any chance Rika will end up doing a Kotoko and getting a full-sized body? That'd be one hell of a sight to see.

2) I've been rewatching the series over the past week, and Ueda's story still gets me as good as it did the very first time I saw it. Not that it's not nice to see the canon cast show up here, but it's more of a bittersweet feeling when you know how they'll eventually end up (and yes, you managed to convey that real well before with that Freya cameo, too).

3) Well done on giving the supporting cast their day in the limelight, too. Satoru's a laugh, too, though I suppose the saying that 'boys will be boys' does hold true, especially at his age.

Till next time :D
Shark Byte chapter 51 . 7/20
A very well-put-together chapter. I did have to do a bit of look-back on previous chapters, though (I had forgotten who Masahiko and Kameko were).

I look forward to seeing how it goes on Alingin.. on Algaeinga.. on that island.

"Ri-ka likes Sa-to-ru" (sung to the tune of "Ring around the Rosies"). Now THAT could come back as a future chapter plot twist or two... I imagine for starters Satoru asleep and dreaming he's Rika's size, a gigantic Rika 10 times his size carrying him around.

Yumi's behaviour seems to match her personality quite well, at least what little the anime/manga described of it. It does seem dangerous for them to be going to that island, but this being a prequel, I know I don't have to worry too much about them .. Although, I wonder if something that happens there might be what caused her to start forgetting things...
LeafeonLover chapter 51 . 7/20
I was the two hundredth review win! Cant wait to see how things go on the island and their actully was a fiction book like minakos i would totally read it :P
Lunar Delta chapter 51 . 7/20
Ah, sorry I haven't reviewed in a while! My life has been busy too, but I read every single chapter and get irrationally excited whenever a new one comes out! Keep up the good work! Hopefully I will be able to post a real review soon, but things are looking good!
x00r chapter 50 . 6/21
Heh, watch your eyes, Junji!

Some fascinating concepts raised in this chapter, so subtly as well. The idea of copyrighted facial designs? Legal minefield ahead... What happens if such a persocom *was* made in the visage of a copyrighted design? Sure there's the fine. but are they forced to get rid of the persocom? Would the law on that vary by country? Hmm.

The price of the ears being mentioned provokes thought as well... it almost implies that there is a hefty 'tax' levied on them to discourage manufacturers from making too many units that can't be easily told apart from humans. I wonder if, in some places, persocoms would be required by law to have distinctive features to set them apart?

I'm looking forward to these plot threads..!
J chapter 8 . 6/18
I like this so far its really intresting im really hoping for a refrence to Chi and Hidaki
Shark Byte chapter 50 . 6/16
Good chapter, and their honeymoon does look like a success... although sometimes it seems like those two are just about to get into some marital problems, even ON their honeymoon. (Or maybe it's just harmless teasing?) It does make me wonder if this is a lead-in to a cliffhanger or something...

The way Momoko is acting kinda reminds of Ringo Seto... and Junji's reaction to Beatrice reminds me of Hideki.

Good bit of a plot twist regarding Anemkwoj. Perhaps she's going to be Ambassador Minako? I look forward to finding out.
LeafeonLover chapter 50 . 6/13
Well at least they werent ceitised for their relationship again. Honeymoon success!