Reviews for Enough
Zipitnow chapter 1 . 12/16/2013
Yep, liked it very much, love the way all the guys know whats going on and can't say anything. like real life, all your friends know whats going in your life before you do, but no one wants to step up to the plate and say anything, yay for a sorta happy ending. Thanks for the fun read.
Snootiegirl99 chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Being an officer was a title, and in the end, that title said nothing about the strength of his armor, or his luck on the field.
/Quote

Boy, is that the truth. And it's one of the things that sets up the rift between the Clones and the Jedi. That 'protected' status on the field of battle. The sixth sense of the Jedi that saves them but not Clones.

Thank you for the closure on this story.
Jade-Max chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Man, I really feel for Rex in the opening sequence of this Vig.

His confusion and frustration as you bring us up to speed on what’s occurred and the fact that it’s been *months* since Ahsoka and him have agreed to part ways – but not – is just gut wrenching. He’s trying too hard to do what’s right; to accept her wishes, to take them back to the relationship they’d had and not want more… but he’s too invested. He loves her and it’s clear from how he can’t move on, he’s stuck where he is because no one will tell him anything. Additionally, I don’t think, even knowing, that Rex would be able to move on – he’s been her protector and friend for so long, I think he doesn’t know how to be anything else.

Ahsoka ordering the troops not to tell him is selfish to the extreme, but at the same time I can understand why. I imagine she probably feels he’d look upon her differently if he knew just what cost she had to pay for his life :/ I mean, she’s gotta be struggling with it if she’s having nightmares – among other things.

The Kix/Rex discussion is great – with Kix testing and prodding for answers and Rex’s determination not to reveal anything before he turns the tables on the medic. I feel bad for Kix; he’s caught between his Captain and Commander and, I’m sure, doesn’t want to be. He knows exactly what’s wrong with Ahsoka and there’s nothing he can do to help. Not a great place for a Medic to be in.

Then the march; the contrast to Ahsoka’s lazy habits from before to the now is intense. Almost like she’s punishing herself for not having control on the mission where Rex nearly died and is forcing herself to do nothing more than follow the rules; to be the Jedi she *should* have been and couldn’t be when faced with his loss.

The spider attack is sudden and ferocious and I really like the way Jesse’s determination shines through not to be their dinner, but it’s Ahsoka’s callous disregard for Jesse’s injury that made me suck in a sharp breath. Ahsoka not caring about an injury to her men; not listening to the medics advice? Yikes! She’s more scared from the encounter than I believed possible.

Rex’s frustration is understandable; he *knows* this isn’t how Ahsoka used to be, how she actually is, and it takes real guts to call her on it. Mostly because she’s not really talking to him. I do enjoy how he capitalizes on the suddenness of his question catching her off guard to ask the questions that are needed.

It’s unfortunate she clams up like she does and goes back to hiding and, as Rex notes, takes out her ‘issues’ with him on the men. It’s chilling in a lot of ways, such a blatant disregard, because to me it feels like she’s doing it deliberately to show she’s no longer a child. That she’s ‘responsible’ – and it backfires on her.

I find it interesting that she observes neither Kix nor Jesse is protesting, but then both Kix and Jesse were there when the incident between Rex and Ahsoka occurred; they saw what she was capable of. I don’t think I’d argue with her either *grin*

Rex calling her on it later, pretty much cornering her to talk, is appropriate. He’s had enough and isn’t willing to let one of his men suffer for the perceived problems between him and Ahsoka. Enough it enough – and I totally don’t blame him!

This is written fantastically well, with an injury to the men that used to be ‘their men’ but are now ‘his men’ being the catalyst for it; so appropriate!

The tense confrontation where Ahsoka asks why he cares gives me goosebumps right through to when Rex gives the only answer that really make any sense. His “I’m not a Machine” line is awesome mostly because it feels like Ahsoka is trying to treat him like exactly that.

The degeneration of their conversation into the personal aspects where Ahsoka objects to any nickname and simply wants him calling her by name is just tense enough to keep me on the edge of my seat. Especially when it turns so swiftly into an explanation – finally! – from Ahsoka as to what’s bothering her.

Rex’s confusion is well handled; I’d be the same in his place I think – I mean, death is a common denominator in their jobs. It’s what she reveals, but doesn’t, in her words that really lends this Vignette its power.

Rex understands what she’s trying to say without her having to say it, simply because he knows her Master so well. It’s a testament to the relationship they had, and the one they seem to be building anew, that he can still read her so well after everything that’s happened and the walls she’s tried to build.

His declaration that he’ll take what he can get is poignant on so many levels, but it also shows his devotion to her. She’s his everything and he’s willing to take what he can get simply because it’s easier, it’s *better* than where they are now.

Beautiful! A fitting end to your duology :)
sachariah chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
I'm so late to this it isn't even funny, and that's ironic given that I was probably one of the more persistent at pestering you for this peice. :P Needless to say, I'm thrilled to see the result! :D

This entire series has had a darker edge to it, and Thule conclusion is no exception. There was a definite "wrongness" to Ahsoka right from the beginning, her c

"Experience had led Rex to know that you cannot become something you are not-and the passion that is Ashoka Tano could never be as detached as Jedi are expected to be. It would kill her, destroy everything that make her Ahsoka. It would destroy any being that had a heart."

"And he couldn't watch her do that to herself. He loved her too much to see that sort of self destruction."
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Can you post the others too?
laloga chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Definitely enjoyed this! I'm glad to see that it's up. :)

There's no shortage of angst in the Ahsoka/Rex pairing, for many reasons, and I think you've got an excellent handle on many of the issues between them. While it hurt to see Ahsoka take an almost Krell-like attitude towards her men, (as in not seeming to care if they were too injured/weak to travel), it fits in a way, because she's not able to handle the intensity of her emotions, especially in light of the "non-attachment" teachings of the Jedi. In this case, I think that they do more harm than good.

However, the attachment "issue" aside, the fact that they're in command together is reason enough for them to *not* form a romantic pairing. Since neither one - imo - has the experience to deal with the complexities of an intense, romantic relationship of any kind, doing so would probably distract both of them which would very likely lead to their soldiers getting killed needlessly. Heck, even older, experienced Jedi/leaders probably have trouble balancing their leadership roles with their personal relationships. (Don't know if you're into Star Trek, but I'm reminded of an episode with Captain Picard that featured a dilemma of this nature: his love interest was his subordinate, and he wound up having to send her on a mission that nearly killed her; afterwards, he broke it off because he couldn't stand to do that to her ever again.)

It's quite sad in a way, because I do think the pair works well together, but in this scenario that you've presented, I think this is the best choice. Angsty, but for the best. (And there's nothing wrong with angst. :P)

But this part was a total kick in the heart: "I'll take what I can," he told her, giving her an wry half grin that felt forced, and part of him loathed how desperate he sounded. The larger part didn't care as long as there was a chance of fixing them, and whatever they'd had.

Sigh. Poor Rexter. Poor Ahsoka as well. There's no easy solution, here.

Anyway, like I said, I'm glad that you tackled this project! You did a wonderful job with some very complex, heavy stuff, and I enjoyed reading it very much. :)
emjalen chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
First thing to say is clearly wow. Just wow. This was beautifully heartrending. The way you show Rex's confusion, frustration, and a bit of anger was well done, especially the added frustration about *his* men not telling them what happened. It's nice to see they're loyal to Ahsoka- or perhaps just as freaked out as her.

It was just as equally sad to see Ahsoka try to distance herself from everyone because she's trying to be a good Jedi and keep her men safe, in a way from herself. The way she just ignored Jesse makes sense, but... ouch.

I love your ending- tense and nothing solved, but with a little bit of explanation for Rex- and his realization that he might not have acted differently. One of Ahsoka and Rex's issues is that they are working together in command, and when you include an intimate relationship in that setting, it can lead to a lot of heartbreak and upset people, and you've clearly covered that.

You showed very well how they've changed- Ahsoka, cool and distant and Rex realizes that he can't treat her like the old Ahsoka, because she's *not*. Rex too takes on a darker aspect, hurt and wanting to give up on Ahsoka, but not able to because he loves her.

I'm definitely looking forward to see where you guide them next on this seemingly shadowed and dangerous path they seem to be going on.
spikala chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
I'm so unbelievably happy to find out the ending to this story. It sounds like it was a real bug bear to write but good on ya for persevering! I really enjoyed it and thought it was very true to character.

I find it very cool how this story has hopped back and forth between you and Jade-Max. You should both be proud of it.