Reviews for pity for ghosts
thehazeleyedloser chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
oh, everything is flawless, here. favourite.
stars shine out chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Brilliantly beautiful and beautifully sad. I love it! Magnificent writing.
underlings chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Really, really lovely, and this is such a great line: "I don't – I don't – I don't want to be forgotten," she confesses, words mashed together in a flow of words with no separation left between them, no breath to keep them apart.

You did great with the characterizations of the both of them. Brilliant work!
straw8erries chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
lovely. just lovely.
marblesharp chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
The T.S. Eliot quote, I think it's 'whimper' not 'whisper' but that probably varies from each source.
The fact I'm nitpicking your quote and not your actual work is honestly just a way of saying this is great. It's very angsty, but that's unavoidable when dealing with these two.
Only I wish you'd have gone into more detail on the 'psychological stuff' before the Games. Do you mean dressing them up and parading them around, forcing them to beg for sponsors? Or just waiting to be sent into the arena where they'll almost surely die? Also, why was Maysilee vomitting? Was it stress? the food?
Your ending lines are beautiful, by the way.
srslyjulia chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
This is so beautiful. Haymitch and Maysilee's story is one I really love. And the last line just kills me.
Clara Meliza chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
This is just beautiful. And so under-appreciated, too. You deserve much more than just two measly reviews. Fantastic job.
srk789 chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
Beautiful. I have wondered about Haymitch and Maysilee, and this really fleshes out their relationship wonderfully.