Reviews for I, Zygon
AstroMacGuffin chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
This piece surprised me in a lot of ways. I'm a new fanfic reader so the first thing I should tell you is, you have installed a faith I'd never had before, about the potential quality of a fanfic.

This reads like literary-quality work. And it's extremely gratifying to see the Doctor resolve a conflict peacefully for a change. With that, you've managed to excel at something most TV writers are afraid to even attempt.

I didn't want to read a piece this long, but the piece compelled me to read it. The Zygon had a Zen-like assassin's calm about him, which made him a very effective threat. The Doctor played off this expertly by putting himself in harm's way, to see if the Zygon was prone to making himself an actual threat rather than a potential one. And while memoir-style writing is far from my favorite style, the Zygon's personality and frustrations sold it.
thebunnyinthetardis chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Oh, lots of original ideas wrapped into a thoroughly Classic take on Who. Nice! What an original and uniquely-voiced POV character. Really looking forward to your next story. :)