Reviews for The Black Gates of Paradise
aturtlefromindia chapter 4 . 5/18
I have hope that one day, you'll come back. (:
gerfan chapter 4 . 10/26/2018
Wow ! Really great story ! Keep up the awesome work
pamelawright chapter 1 . 7/7/2018
The continued insight into David’s character in Covenant is fascinating but good Lord I just cannot and will not with any of the rest of it. I am staying in your beautiful, disturbing universe. I hope you will find inspiration to return and take it up again.
LilLinkGirl chapter 4 . 1/1/2018
Please return.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/23/2017
This is incredibly good. I hope you decide to come back to it. Thank you!
RimK10 chapter 4 . 9/24/2017
Mmmm, that's a nice end! I hope there's more though..
RimK10 chapter 3 . 9/24/2017
Wow, this is pretty cool!
Toni America chapter 4 . 6/17/2017
This is beautiful! I love it and I wish you'd find in u to finish! Ur characterization and the way ure propelling ur story is wonderful. Between the descriptions and the actual experiences themselves- it really is a good, solid, addictive read. The turmoil and philosophical nature of both characters is fascinating and just so perefectly executed. I love this and I would love to see more! Amazing job!
Sam chapter 1 . 6/4/2017
I've read and reread this for years and it's hard for me to list everything I enjoyed about it so I'll just say that the way your story blurs between poetry and prose is beautiful and unforgettable.
Lunasent chapter 4 . 6/2/2017
OMG PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FINISH! I LOVE fics with this pairing, there aren't enough so please don't stop here! And give it a happy ending!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/25/2017
Couldn't she have threatened David with destroying his body, destroying him completely, if he didn't give her what she needed?
KestinT chapter 4 . 5/25/2017
This may not be perfect for you, but this is just... Wow. I have no words. Though you haven't updated for a while, I just want you to know that you're really good at this. Pls keep the creative juices flowing!- KT
Prince-Frost chapter 4 . 5/13/2017
Wow. This is...wow. It's like these characters, this world, is your own creation. Simply because you've wrote them so damn well. I hope that the certain, ahem, *things* that happened in Covenant wont put you off continuing this because bloody hell, it is amazing. Your David captivates me, and the detail put into everything shows your skill as a writer.

I'll be coming back to read this one a lot in the future. With or without updates (although i really hope with c: )!
Amelia Island chapter 4 . 5/2/2017
I just rewatched Prometheus again as a refresher for the new film, and this fic was everything I ever wanted. Thank you so much for pouring all your talent and sweat into these four chapters (that practically amount to a novella already! Wow).

Love that you've managed to maintain the unease and creeping sense of dread throughout. In almost every scene they are making decisions that don't have immediate consequences, and those questions of 'what if' and 'when' haunt me as a reader... the same way they do when I'm watching a film unfold in the franchise. It's terrifically atmospheric, and a testament to your ability as a writer.

Your mastery of the characters is really incredible, and your take on the mythology feels organic... I didn't find it distracting, when in the past I've sometimes mentally tripped over fan-supplied backstories and supplemental information. All the pieces of your puzzle work perfectly.

I wish I had the magic words to inspire you to continue! I read this originally on AO3 and delved into the comments there as well, and I understand why you might be averse to continuing.

At this point I'm in it for Danny McBride hahaha.
Guest chapter 3 . 4/27/2017