Reviews for You Have to Deserve Your Father's Love
ilovetami chapter 4 . 2/20/2013
Love that Tami knows just what to do at all the right times in this story.
luvtheheaven chapter 4 . 11/5/2012
Aw, I am so so freaking exhausted which might explain part of it but I'm also practically crying right now as I finish this little fic of yours.

"Women had a reputation for being emotional creatures, Tami thought, but it was men who were particularly sensitive, and about the oddest thingsā€¦and they could be worse than women, sulking around, expecting you to just guess what was irritating them. They had these raw egos with a hundred points of vulnerability, and you could bruise them without even trying. "

What great philosophical insight you wrote there - so true. And I loved all the little details in this whole fic, from what types of books Eric owned and liked reading, to Julie's thoughts on the issues, to idk, all of it. You know I kinda related to Julie in this fic - when my dad's father died, I felt really sad for my dad, just because I care about my dad so much and I didn't know my grandfather that well but I could tell my dad was sad about it and that just made me so sad... so it's always nice to see a fic like this. ;) Really.

Obviously you adore Tami & Eric more than anything on this show which is fine, although that's not actually my personal preference. The only FNL fics I've read so far are yours, the ones I've reviewed. I've read nothing else. But honestly, Matt/Julie is my current obsession having recently watched the whole series for the first time, with Tim/Lyla & Tyra/Landry both being ships I was quite passionate about in seasons 1-3. I loved Tami/Eric but never in a shippy way, really. I'm a vidder but I'm also a fanfiction writer, and so far I've watched mainly Matt/Julie vids and made 1 Matt Saracen tribute vid... and I want to vid other characters and couples and read more fanfiction about other characters and couples and possibly write something for FNL asap... I'm actually kinda feeling really inspired right now to write about Grandma Saracen's death perhaps but at the same time idk, it's probably already been done and really well. I digress.

Anyway I'm exhausted right now as I was reading this fic of yours so I didn't review it properly, but it was fantastic, every detail... you are a phenomenal writer and if you ever post a new FNL fic I'm following you - you're on my author alerts - so I'll read and review it as you write it instead of long after the fact for once. ;)
luvtheheaven chapter 3 . 11/5/2012
Motivational? It's a wedding.

Gosh I love the idea of Eric giving at Motivational speech as a toast at Julie's wedding lmao.

I must say I can't imagine Julie actually using the word "asshole" when speaking to her mother of all people... and if she did Tami not reacting lol. But maybe that's just me.
luvtheheaven chapter 2 . 11/5/2012
"You don't have to deserve your mother's love. You have to deserve your father's."

Oh gosh - is that a real Robert Frost quote? How do you know about these things? LOL!
Romantique The Original chapter 4 . 6/28/2012
Awesome story! Comparisons between Eric's father and the kind of man Eric became. Love the Tami/Eric interaction ... always.

Especially love the Julie/Coach scenes. Tugs at my heartstrings.
Shiny Jewel chapter 4 . 6/27/2012
Great ending! I always loved the relationship between Julie and her parents because they were so different and special in their own way, but the one between Julie and Coach always got me. Their moments were the best. Like how you juxtaposed that with Eric's regrets about his relationship with his own dad.

You got a major LOL from me about it being like a second honeymoon for them even though it felt wrong.

Can't wait to read your next story!
SurlyCoach chapter 4 . 6/27/2012
So much sweetness. My heart is going to break with missing this family after reading this. Great take away Eric's getting from all this reflection on his Dad's death - figuring out what he wants/needs to say to Julie and saying it before it's too late. Love your E/T dynamo, as always.
AndItsOuttaHere chapter 3 . 6/27/2012
"Well, if you esteem yourself I guess you don't need me to." Ah, Tami...if only I had your way with words!
Shiny Jewel chapter 3 . 6/26/2012
Loved the Julie/Tami interaction. I miss those two together!

No fair! Why did you get the Jacuzzi?"

Her mom smiled. "Because we've lived longer."

Sounds like something my own mom would say...haha.

Also Coach asking what was passionate about fruit cracked me up.
AndItsOuttaHere chapter 2 . 6/26/2012
Wow. I liked Robert Frost, but that quote is just...wrong.

Julie's text to Matt is priceless.
ENT Time chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
I had actually been looking for your old stories awhile back to re-read them, and was disappointed that you had taken them down. Thanks for deciding to re-imagine them and repost! I'm enjoying trying to see if I can pick out the small changes :)
Shiny Jewel chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
She texted: "Arrived safely. Gramp's widow is rich. Rich! Holy shit."

Haha...loved that! And so Julie.

Also laughed at Tami's excitement over double shower heads and butlers and her drinking the the scotch was classic.

I'm interested to see how Eric further interacts with his father's wife.
Romantique The Original chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
Great job in painting Eric as extremely uncomfortable and disconnected with his father's life.

Julie's thoughts about her own father are sweet. :)
SurlyCoach chapter 2 . 6/25/2012
"If it needs to be done, I'm sure my wife will dutifully do it for me."

Ha ha ha. Good thing his father just died or he would never get away with that comment.
Shiny Jewel chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
I've always wondered about the back story of Eric's dad (and the rest of his family). We got a little snippet of Tami's with Shelley and the casual mention of her mother being super strict.

Can't wait to read more...you really are a beautiful writer!