Reviews for The Bauble
Guest chapter 6 . 5/8/2014
So sweet. I like how you humanised Sherlock in the story — may appear a little OOC, but I am fine with the characterization. Maybe because season 3 had already come out. Time away can change a person. The story is heartwarming, but the fluffiness isn't over done. As usual for your stories, there is a dark undertone in it all, which isn't resolved. I wish it could be, but I guess that would deviate from the point of the story. One more thing, I don't really think John would have problems about Sherlock taking up the role of "judge and jury" and giving someone a second chance. He did shoot a guy himself, after all, and such displays of empathy and kindness should be appreciated coming from Sherlock.
Narin Redpike chapter 6 . 8/17/2013
This story is so well written; such a good update of the original story. Oh Sherlock, you're so damaged.
Miss Taggart Transcontinental chapter 6 . 7/15/2013
I've read your Star Trek fanfics, and I've especially loved your oneshots, so when I recently got into the Sherlock fandom, I came to check out your work. This was really great. I loved it. Especially Molly's texting and the violin at the end.
shadowfireflame chapter 6 . 3/26/2013
I really enjoyed this updated take on "The Blue Carbuncle"! It was very clever how you modernized the details but kept the basic story intact.

There were some awesome character details, too, like Molly's texting (priceless!) and Sherlock being afraid of mimes and Sherlock and John watching Die Hard-so funny!

I'm very worried about Sherlock's mental state, though...
Guest chapter 6 . 2/2/2013
A really fun read! Thank you for sharing your work!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/11/2012
I seriously loved this. Good job. Especially the Moriarty/Sherlock scene in the very end.
AJ Elfhawk chapter 6 . 8/10/2012
Oh I did enjoy this story immensely, I would love you to write more, I keep checking back - ever hopeful :-) Will just do an author alert perhaps, would be more time efficient...
Cheers, Aj x
Kippies chapter 6 . 7/1/2012
Loved it. You are very talented :)
lydiaroseonwingsofsong chapter 6 . 6/26/2012
I love how you've been writing out the whole story and posting it all at once! I'd rather have shorter stories like this to read all in one go. Anyway, I think you did a fantastic job of interpreting Sherlock, as always. I think the bit about Moriarty in his head at the end was spot-on. I hope Sherlock's return is something like this.
DJSteele chapter 1 . 6/23/2012
Guess what? This very American who has lived all her life in Southern California knows about Val Doonican. Many years ago when had about six weeks of a summer show staring Val. Must say I haven't thought of him for years, but he does bring back a lot of happy memories. Am enjoying your story.

Dolores
Juze chapter 6 . 6/23/2012
At first, I was marveling at how out of character Sherlock was, but I was intrigued enough that I just went with it, and I'm really glad that I did. The end part where his mental break is revealed threw me for a bit of a loop, but I loved it! Very well done!