Reviews for The Beast & The Girl
WreckItRalphFan chapter 10 . 6/17/2014
I wasn't quite sure what I would expect in this story, but it is amazing! I am so intrigued, I havel so many unanswered questions about what will happen and why. I would love to read anothee chapter!
Guest chapter 10 . 9/7/2013
I thought your story was good enough to warrant a review. The first few character building chapters were a bit long, I'll admit I initially skipped over Malc's introduction, but went back to it when it came to Dove's birthday. I like the way you've handled the concept of a beauty and beast, it's something I've actually been looking for rather than a Disney rendition. In fact, this could pass for original fiction since it seems only to use the loose concept, like a retelling of a folk tale. This list chapter was enlightening, it says some interesting things about the beast: he's not Malc transformed, he does lust to eat her, and here's something that's not quite clear yet, is he a figment of her imagination? And by that I mean the whole thing, the castle and ladies in waiting, but he can leave the castle (does he transform into someone else by day?) so perhaps he is real... I guessI (and Dove to perhaps) am just looking for ways to ground him and figure out exactly where she is and what she's doing. So far it's a good setup. Continue at your leisure.
Guest chapter 10 . 8/26/2013
Interesting how he can tell he is loosing himself and is trying to hold on to his humanity. I don't think any other story has done it that way. Glad I finally know why she was chained to the table and the reason for the blood. Very good writing describing his animalistic thoughts. I hope Dove puts the pieces together eventually.
Wherever Girl chapter 10 . 8/26/2013
Well, I have a couple questions, particularly how old the Beast is, and how long it took to drive him to this animalistic nature, and if the Ladies in Mourning are the ghosts of past maidens- which I presume they are- and what happened that caused them to suffer such a fate.

Want to say again this is an excellent take on the fairytale, more dark and quite original in every way, designing the Beast to be more of an animal than only a bitter soul, and making a stay at his domain more terrifying than exciting.
GodlyJewel chapter 10 . 8/25/2013
Whoa... I loved that you wrote this from the Beast's POV. His mind is like a labyrinth; puzzling and interesting. I really liked the detail you put into this, especially the more gory and graphic imaging. The way you develop his character is so... I'm not sure what to call it. There's definitely an added twist on this classic tale. I can't wait to see the rest of this story play out.
LaurenvBelladonna chapter 10 . 8/25/2013
Really good chapter! I do hope your inspiration for this story stays with you! :D I really like the way you've written the beast. Can I ask, what sort of influences did you have? Can't wait to read the next chapter!
ipreferoriginal chapter 10 . 8/25/2013
Love it, don't stop writing it please
LaurenvBelladonna chapter 9 . 8/24/2013
I absolutely loved this chapter! I couldn't believe it when I saw an update for this story in my inbox! Would really love more frequent updates to this brilliant and positively beautiful story, but I understand how life can get busy. Really loved how we got to see such a soft and despairing side to The Beast. I'm eager to see what you meant when you spoke about his heart break and it seems to be, his undying love for the girl. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Wyomingbeast chapter 9 . 8/24/2013
Great wording and detail keep going.
GodlyJewel chapter 9 . 8/24/2013
Well, that explains the mind reading. Very cruel punishment, for both of them. She'll never have any privacy, and he has to listen to everything she thinks off. That would be annoying. The Beast certainly has a flair for dramatics, and while dark, his words are tragically poetic. I can't wait to see what happens next. I'm curious to find out this task Dove has to perform.
Wherever Girl chapter 9 . 8/24/2013
The dialogue was once again poetic. Yet when will we see Dove perform her tasks mentioned earlier?
ipreferoriginal chapter 8 . 8/1/2013
I love your take on this story
Curse you Perry the Platypus chapter 8 . 7/31/2013
Amazing! I'm Team Cress.
LaurenvBelladonna chapter 8 . 7/29/2013
Beautifully written chapter, so happy it came so quickly! Keep up the good work :D
Wherever Girl chapter 8 . 7/29/2013
Creepy, yet poetic. Can't wait for more, and could you make longer chapters?