Reviews for Picking up the Pieces
avearia chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Oh, this was beautiful. "You need some more Bolin hugs." I wish I could have some Bolin hugs...

There is no pairing in LoK I ship. Actually, I guess I technically ship them all, but I just look at the pairings and shrug. So much of what happened on the show feels forced, and the rest... best leave it up to the Fandom. And sometimes, like here, the Fandom delivers.

Asami definately deserved far better than she got. Bolin too, both romantically and character-development-wise. I'm glad to see both of these helped here... Asami could use someone strong, like Bolin. She's such a good person, who didn't go with her father even though she had so many reasons to... she's so strong. And I can just tell that Bolin admires that strength in this fic. And Bolin! The bits you touched on when the "Orphan" subject came up was truly touching. Subtle character establishment.

I love both of these characters, and this is a really good fanfic-I wish this would've happened in the show. Perhaps it will happen later, in season 2, but hey. You beat them to it. :)

Wonderful oneshot, glad I took the time to read it. Thanks for sharing!

avearia
FallonViola chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
That was too sweet. :) I was shocked that they didn't allow Asami a grieving scene (time restraints I know I know) so I'm just going to personally tuck this into the finale because not only was a grieving scene necessary, but both characters were perfectly written. It felt canon. I'm so glad that I got to read such a touching scene. :)
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Ah, this is such a sweet piece! You are so right- there definitely needed to be more interaction between these two characters (more for their characters in the first place, but especially at this point in time).

The way you described the Naga and Bolin stuff worked out nicely. I think you downplayed the fact that the dog overshadowed the guy in that scene. XD

Bolin's sweet fumbling with words to say was extremely in character. I loved seeing the way you handled that transition from caring to being Asami's rock. She definitely needed it there. And I'm so glad that the two of them can be such good friends and have that comfort in each other without getting paired up romantically. The show's probably heading there and I think that's okay, but it's nice to see that they can have one without the other.

And the bit about Asami being an orphan was really powerful. And seeing Bolin get teary and dealing with all of those connotations.

And then the end when Asami realized that Makorra was a sad thing for Bolin too and she stepped out of her own misery for a second to realize that the guy helping her might need help too.

It was very very very good. :3

-me. finally. heh.
RandomStranger chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
I am considering shipping Bosami after that. That was beautiful .