Reviews for Dying Wish
RiverOfAntDecSwanCherik.Wilson chapter 14 . 1/15
This last chapter made me cry so much. Thanks
Luna-SE23 chapter 14 . 1/13
I read it in one night. I never read before a fic that hooked me so much. I don't know if i love or hate this story, but it's amazing. I'd probably read it again someday.
LestrangestLady chapter 14 . 1/27/2014
Oh god my feels. This is amazing!
Guest chapter 14 . 4/24/2013
Thank you for this gift of beautiful literature! Tbh I was disappointed when Wilsons secret was revealed, would he really do that to House? I kind of wanted House to die along with Wilson, Romeo and Juliette style but, a with many unexpected twists, it turned out stunningly. You portrayed House as a believable father, telling his daughter exactly as it is. A bittersweet story, which is the only kind that happens in life because after all, everybody dies.
Guest chapter 14 . 1/31/2013
Hav u though about now that house is gone jaime could visit princeton see whoevers left and the gaps of her existance? it could be cute stories told by everyone elses kids. or a few might be left if old. the suprise factor would be great too. just thought id suggest it.
sunfli-chan chapter 14 . 11/4/2012
you don't know how you made me feel with your fic!i'm still trying to stop crying!you are a bad person you know?! ... well ... not really but omg! this fic is so sad! ...And those postal cards! ... T-T! they are just perfects! they are just pure love! i mean it! jlakjshdlajksd! in conclusion ... i love your fic!
HoneyandChai chapter 14 . 10/17/2012
Wow...just wow. I don't know whether to be pleased or mad at you for knowing how to pull my heart strings (how can I be laughing at one chapter and crying at the next?). With that said, this is a good story and you have talent.
rividori chapter 14 . 10/5/2012
Those postcards made me cry. Thanks for sharing this story and all your others. I'll be re-reading them.
OldSFfan chapter 14 . 9/19/2012
Profoundly beautiful story. Makes me cry, and I just reread it, and it still makes me cry.
jahmat chapter 14 . 9/15/2012
Beautiful ending! I will so miss your House stories, but, who knows, you might come back if the muse hits you. Thanks so much for this. I will reread it often.
Lorien Lupin chapter 14 . 9/15/2012
Hi, I hope I don't come across too mean, but this was definitely not one of your best works. It's not bad, but it definitely lacks the originality of other stories of yours I have read. I did like it, but found too many clich├ęs in it... and it was a little predictable to be honest. I hope I didn't offended you, because that wasn't my intention, I have read a few of your fics and really liked them, I guess I just had higher expectations for your take on post-finale house fic.
HilsonFTW chapter 14 . 9/15/2012
Wow! I've read this countless times now and the bit about Jamie - how could she possibly be called anything else - hoping they're back together now keeps choking me up. Yes, it's the way it should be, even though I'm just as sure as House that it isn't. I don't quite buy the easy change of his identity, but in this case I'm ready to let that Slip ecause it works in the context of a wonderful Story.
damigella chapter 14 . 9/15/2012
What a brilliant ending. You're a great writer, and I'll be reading again your h/w fics if you won't write anymore.
I took some time to write a review because I had very very mixed feelings about this: Wilson took a very dangerous bet (although a believable one) and he "won" in that he not only kept House alive after his passing, but alive and as happy and loved as possible. In fact, it appears to me he (or, rather, you) hit on the best way out of the impossible situation canon had given us with the final arc.
Bonus points for giving them a daughter, and making her wanting to be an oncologist - House has truly raised Wilson's child, and yet she has a lot in her personality of the dad who raised her (e.g., her not interrupting her studies for his death).
House writing postcards to Wilson for the rest of his life was so touching, and such a beautiful memory for Jamie, raised to know her father even though he never saw her except in an ultrasound image.
Still, I can't ignore everything that could have gone wrong: Rebecca might have fought to keep the child, House could have been too despondent to take care of it, or he might just have lost himself in drugs to drown the pain long before the birth. And, of course, he might have passed away when Jamie was a child or teenager - although it seems probable House would have kept the connection with Rebecca, so she would still have had some family.
Summing up, this fic highlights to me how terrible the ending was - even in the best situation, when House never has to go back to jail and/or starve in a gutter (and how likely is it that he can teach under Wilson's name without being discovered? Not very: most universities websites post pictures of their professors) and even gets a job he likes, his life is forever shared with a pain beyond the one in his thigh. And Wilson, of course, goes to an early grave not as a handsome young man with a scruff and a motorbike but as an invalid in a bed asking for a merciful dosis of poison to shorten his suffering.
Many kudos to you for having found the strength to make the best of a horrible situation - but it doesn't diminish how horrible it was.
I'll hope you'll eventually go back to watch previous seasons (there's a rewind community on lj doing exactly that) and write more fics in the old style, but if you won;t, thank you very much and please don't stop writing.
Flatpickluvr chapter 14 . 9/14/2012
Loved it! Don't go into retirement now, please! Give us another top quality Hilson fic!
HughIsMagic chapter 14 . 9/14/2012
After reading the first few chapters I had lost sight of this story I was not sure if I liked it or not. I think it was too soon after the end of the show. However, here I am, I finished reading and I am with my heart in my throat. Big plot in the last few chapters, especially the idea to sum up what happened in the epilogue, exciting. I have always believed that in House there was a big heart, an immense love to give, an innocent child who does not judge but love him for what he is, I think it's the best picture, to make live this character a moment of pure love. Finally. Thanks.