Reviews for Kishi no Kakera
Draugur chapter 19 . 12/14/2014
This chapter is good in terms of dramatic development - though some parts of dialogue could have been shorter, particularly considering the dangerous circumstances - and I really like Ryan's confession to himself, that he can't harm Rena, because he loves her. On the other hand, like others said before, the idea that the Hinamizawa Syndrome can be controlled by willpower and then used to add superhuman powers to the patient, is - in my opinion - too different from what it's like in canon. I also think - though I don't want to force my opinion on you - it does a story no good to make one character far superior to the others in terms of knowledge, physical ability, willpower, and so on, because it reduces the significance of the other characters. Anyway, I'm really curious how your story will develop. By the way, as far as I know, "Die!" in Japanese is "Shine", not "Shini". The latter rather means "... to die" or "... and die" (like in "Shini ike", "Go and die!")
Draugur chapter 13 . 12/8/2014
I hope I'll be able to write a longer review later. For now, there's just a tiny issue about this chapter I came upon: Mion and Shion's given names are written with two kanji characters each, so when Shion wants to conceal her identity in her letter, she would have to blot out the first character (the "Shi"). You can't write S, M or H as single letters in Japanese.
Draugur chapter 1 . 12/8/2014

I'm reading Kishi no Kakera at the moment and it's quite enjoyable, it has almost no typos or other mistakes at all which makes it very easy to read. As far as the story is concerned, I'm enjoying it though I generally prefer stories which are not centered around an OC. About the title, I like it but if you want to translate "Fragment Knight" into Japanese, it would have to be "Kakera no Kishi". "Kishi no Kakera" means "Fragments of the Knight", or "Fragment of a Knight", or so.
lambdadeltapumpkin chapter 31 . 10/19/2014
what happened? all of a sudden you stopped two years ago.
TheMagicManWithThePlan chapter 31 . 10/9/2014
Chapter was good, but I still miss rika. Can't wait for the de-time skip. Glad your back however! Thought you gave up on it!
Sacchin chapter 31 . 10/9/2014
Nice to see this new chapter!

I am wondering how Ryan will move on to the next world with these many attachments to this certain one.

So far, out of all the worlds, he has a very long and large investment on this one, so I don't think him leaving will be such an easy thing...
TheMagicManWithThePlan chapter 30 . 8/6/2014
Yay your back! I'm glad! Another great chapter! I'm excited for when Ryan goes back! Knowing you though, I bet there's a little twist probably! Keep up the good work and again, I'm glad your back!
Sacchin chapter 30 . 8/6/2014
True, this chapter did feel a bit redundant... Though with this, the issue about Ryan dying soon is brought up. I do wonder how he intends to fix that one...
Sierra9807 chapter 23 . 7/13/2014
I find that I have a hard time reading a story that's unfinished, so I'm gonna wait until Tokaisenso-hen is complete.

But I must say, this story has been absolutely wonderful so far. Definitely favoriting his one.
AlexandraDuffield chapter 28 . 7/8/2014
I'm re reading your story
JosephAllan32 chapter 29 . 6/18/2014
this is still holding up and honestly i like seen all the stuff your doing now. good job.
catsvrsdogscatswin chapter 29 . 6/17/2014
THIS STORY IS THE F***ING BOMB! X3 Please please please PLEASE do more! I love it so much, do you know how hard it is to find a good Higurashi story that isn't...three chapters or less long? I think I've been waiting for MONTHS before you updated. Months! *rubs hands and giggles* And it was all worth it... But anyway, I love your writing, you really have the essence of Higurashi down pat. Good for you! If I ever make the attempt to do a Higurashi fic, I'm definitely gonna take a page out of your book. Granted I probably won't have the guts to try it...but maybe in a few years, when I am cool and proficient and not-as-bad at writing. I'm...OKAY now, but I wanna get a lot better before I try something as fascinating and intricate as Higurashi.
Crack-jouchan chapter 10 . 6/17/2014
My god. Loved this. I like how it ended. Just touching, woo! On we goooo
Sacchin chapter 29 . 6/17/2014
Awesome! It's nice to see this continuing! Will you somehow link this to the Umineko series though? I mean, Rika could have been doing the events there, while she waited for the stuff to blow-over here.

At the moment, I find it quite impossible for Ryan and the others to actually get rid of the Yamainu, unless they gain stronger connections, since seeing that their enemy got away with destroying a village, their opponent's technically got a large advantage on them, legal-wise, and could apparently do a 'full-frontal assault' on the charges of 'terrorist' activity.

Wow... To think up of such ideas, I really, and truly enjoy your fanfic! I will be waiting for your next update!
Crack-jouchan chapter 3 . 6/16/2014
I like the story! And after I tried writing my own, I found how hard it is to actually write xD you write well and I respect that. I also love your plot! Good job dude