Reviews for Love Must be a Sin
OyaOya chapter 19 . 9/21
Man I am terrible at leaving meaningful reviews, so I'll just say this: I really enjoyed the story. Like, just all of it. That's really the only way I can describe it.
But really, your writing is beautiful. This chapter almost brought me to tears. You did great, this is great. Thank you.
T. R chapter 12 . 6/4
AH. I'm Canadian, so I know what Francis is usually saying to Arthur. But it make me gasp when Arthur said, "Je me suis pas votre fils," which means, and get ready for the heartbreak, "I am not your son." Wow. Thanks.
ILiveForTheAnime chapter 19 . 4/18
Well, this might be a little late (four years? psssh) and this story was absolutely spectacular and I always love the royalty/peasant au, especially with a same-sex relationship, but really this story made me feel so many emotions and I definently didn't cry a couple of times. There were points in the plot very suspenseful and some surprising plots twists, and I became all giddy when Matthew/Mathieu and Alfred were born (I love the FACE Family) and I just wanted to tell you this story is amazing and I'm very happen to have found this! AMAZING STORY MY FRIEND
Hetabee chapter 19 . 12/2/2015
Alright, well, I'm obviously a latecomer in the case of this story, but I still have so much to say. Let me split it off in sections now while it's not overrun with words... Ahem-

First and foremost, your writing is truly magical, and not in the ironic and punny way relating to this story - but absolutely heart-rending and holding the reader's focus from the first sentence. I had been about to give up reading this when I first started because of the grammatical mistakes (it's just something I do since I'm basically a grammar Nazi), but the thought immediately withered away and died when I read the first chapter and became hooked.

This story is so much greater than the little errors I perceived because it enchants its audience with brilliant imagery and colorfully delightful characterizations. Warning: I base my reviews heavily on characterization and relatability to the readers as well as overall emotional development. Don't worry about that - you clearly aced it.

I just... Each moment of shock, horror, anger and happiness resonated so deeply that when Arthur or Francis cried; I cried too. When Arthur became King, I was just losing it with how happy I was for him and how much I rooted for him to fix what had been wronged. I felt like I was along for the ride, in a sense. It's this kind of involved writing of a person's complex thoughts and feelings that makes me love wading through pages and pages of fics just to find a precious jewel in the clearing. I am really elated I found this fic because it has done more than ignite my fascination in the Middle Ages. It has also given me another story I can recommend to others with the intention of telling a well-crafted piece of storytelling and something to remember when time has passed and I forget the exact happenings in this story, so I can read it and re-read it again.

Oh, and I definitely didn't think of that outcome when it came to who killed Arthur's father, but the confession was so heartfelt and sincere. I loved it. Along with the fact that Alfred and Matthieu were brought up since I knew they just had to! Gotta love thinking ahead, haha.

Rambling, I'm rambling oh so much... Heh, I apologize for that. I just do that a lot when I finish something that's really touched me. So, in a nutshell: Despite the initial misgivings I had due to grammar hiccups, an amazing story cannot be judged by simple mistakes and I am glad to have read this story. Thank you so much for writing it. :)
Knight chapter 19 . 8/11/2015
You can feel all of the raw emotion and thought put into this piece, I have to wonder if you've actually experienced something similar yourself. I'm not one to pry, though. Excellent read, i hope to read more from you in the future. Thank you for writing.
FujoshiRanger chapter 19 . 10/2/2014
Wow. I just; I'm at a loss for words, really. This is one of my favorite FrUK fanfictions ever. Everything just...wow. I'm sorry, I can't even think properly right now; much less form a coherent sentence. I've just got so many feels right now. I guess I'll start with the fact that the characterization is great, as well as the plot. Also, loved the fact that Arthur took Francis to see the fairies and how that became their spot. Let's see... I'm so glad that Arthur's dad is dead and happy to see that everything ended on a happy note. That was a real dick move on Peter's part though. Like, did you hate your brother that much that you would risk having him killed? Jeez, Peter, what is your damage? The torture parts made me tear up and when he drew Francis just so that he could see him I just- ugh. Wow. Cute. When they finally saw each other again in the forest I couldn't control myself when he said he had kept the ribbon. That was adorable as well. Then, the fact that they were twins and it's Al and Matt :3 OMG all these feels XD All in all, this was one hell of an emotional roller coaster. I'm really grateful to you for creating this wonderful work of art and even more grateful that I had the pleasure (and sometimes sorrow) of being able to read it. 3
Yuu Kirkland chapter 19 . 8/25/2014
Yeeah a beautiful happy end! I like that :D
Oh God I really like the mother of Arthur, she really is brave and cool to be able to kill the King! I'm glad she did something for her son :D
Anyways...

LONG LIVE TO THE KING AND HIS HUSBAND! :D
Yuu Kirkland chapter 18 . 8/25/2014
Don't worry the sentence in French is alright
And poor Arthur, it would have be heard to do that with someone that he doesn't love
Yuu Kirkland chapter 17 . 8/25/2014
Oh damn I thought it was Arthur who killed the King XD Oh it's still goodx)
AND HE FOUND FRANCIS! YEAAAAHHH!
By the way the poem is really beautiful!
Yuu Kirkland chapter 16 . 8/25/2014
God I feel really bad how Arthur has been tortured...
But really I can just smile to see that he kill his father! It was the better thing to do! He deserves it to tortured his son like that D:
Yuu Kirkland chapter 15 . 8/25/2014
Good move to kick the King between his legs Arthur!
Damn I hope things will get better... TT

People were fucking crazy at this time! Hey God never "said" that love was a sin nor men should love only women! I just want to kick everyone in your fic who think that xD
Yuu Kirkland chapter 10 . 8/24/2014
That's good everything is alright between them now.
And I hope they will still have a happy end even if homosexuality is something forbiden at this time .
Yuu Kirkland chapter 9 . 8/24/2014
Arthur I know that feel to spend a week in a place that you absolutly don't want to go
I know your pain! *hugs him* XD
Yuu Kirkland chapter 8 . 8/24/2014
Oh God I hope he will not marry her!
And finally they kiss! **