Reviews for The Serpent Incident
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 22 . 3/3/2014
*sniffle* Dammit, Snake, stop being a fascinatingly damaged character! I swear someone's been chopping onions in here.

I love that you ran with the "Iowa ninja" headcanon, though. The comments about corn and jab at Nebraska are just too perfect. Also, I'm pretty sure that diner you mentioned is the one four blocks from my place. I'm not exactly in a small town, but diners of that model seem to be an Iowa thing. There may be a machine stamping them out somewhere ...

And of course the Doctor gets himself shot. He's really not used to dealing with enemies who use plain bullets, is he? It's usually mind control or stealing faces or something.

Delightful as ever. I can't wait to see where they go next! I'm picturing baby Flint throwing up on someone ... probably Beach.
rassilon chapter 14 . 3/2/2014
For example, did you see The Day Of The Doctor, which said that the Doctor did not wipe out either the Time Lords or the Daleks? As for the rest, do you get your facts about Doctor Who from Wikipedia?
brielle17 chapter 1 . 2/27/2014
hi

one: i dont speek english - im sorry for my bad english :) i reed this Story with help Google - Translator
two: i find your Story very good and i hope for many chapters.
I need more chapters ;)

So - ab jetzt in Deutsch :)
Ich finde deine Story sehr gut und hoffe auf mehr Kapitel. Dein Schreibstil ist sehr gut und du schreibst sehr spannend. Lass dich nicht unterkriegen durch negative Kritik. Dein Doktor ist zwar etwas nicht Serien konform - was sollts :) Es ist nun mal eine Fanfiction... da darf man ja seine eigene Fantasie mitbenutzen. Ich bin schon sehr drauf gespannt, wie es weitergeht und hoffe, du machst weniger Pausen zwischen den Kapiteln und scheibst sie auch wieder ein wenig länger..
Soll deine Muse mit dir sein..

Liebe Grüße

brielle
rassilon chapter 22 . 2/26/2014
Cleaner than that? He's not dirty at all, and hasn't been for fifty years. Let's be honest, this fanfic claims he's guilty of a lot of things Doctor Who has never said he is.
sil chapter 22 . 2/25/2014
In The Invisible Enemy in 1977, the Doctor's blood was seen. He didn't bleed like he does here, because Doctor Who is suitable for children, but his bloodstream was shown and he examined a sample of his own blood under a microscope. His blood is the same colour as ours. He's been to America several times, and he's never insulted any of it. As for the crumbs and unwashed teacup, he is cleaner than that.
sil chapter 22 . 2/25/2014
The TARDIS is sentient. But it is a sentience quite unlike human beings, and it certainly does not have emotions you can sense. The Doctor used to eat Jelly BABIES, not Jelly Beans, and he was last seen with some in 1996.
sil chapter 22 . 2/24/2014
Unless the Doctor has adjusted his key, only he can use it. Son of a bitch? Creepy-ass ship?
Lady Jaye1 chapter 22 . 2/20/2014
Not signed in since I'm at work, but I enjoyed the update. Also...you succeeded in making me homesick for good Midwestern food. I miss the giant pork tenderloin sandwiches. No one around me has even heard of them. *shakes head*
tigerwolfspellbear chapter 22 . 2/18/2014
Snake Eyes and Scarlett are cute at the end. Makes me wonder if the Doctor will wake up to them cuddling and how he will react to it as prudish as he can be. You definitely hit the feels with Snake Eyes getting to see his parents, even if it was just momentary. As always, the little details like his left heart always getting the damage really add to the story. I hope you weave some of Tommy teasing Snake Eyes about almost being a Jessica in somehow.
Shiary chapter 22 . 2/18/2014
Very nice chapter
gamingkitty chapter 22 . 2/18/2014
Nebraskan here, but I'll give you a pass on the interstate jab ;) .

Very nicely done, and I liked the nod to Classic Who with the frost-healing. (For the other reviewers, I think it was Three who did that.)
Quathis chapter 22 . 2/17/2014
Times are rough for the time traveling ninja master from Iowa that almost got names Jessica. Tommy will continue his pain with that I'm sure. Nice touch with the Doctor taking a bullet for him. I get the feeling Snake Eyes will be mother henny over him when he wakes up. That should be odd, even for the Doctor. Until next time.
TinySprite chapter 22 . 2/17/2014
Yet another amazing chapter! I can't wait for the next one!
general zargon chapter 22 . 2/17/2014
Yay for the update! I'm really happy you decided to continue this story! :D I noticed some typos, but I'm just so happy to read this chapter that I don't care. I went 'awwww' at the end with Snake Eyes and Scarlett, and I'm glad Snake got to see his parents one more time. *sniffle* I wonder what's up with the Doctor? I don't remember him suddenly going all frost-covered before...O.o I'm sorry the Doctor got shot, and I hope he's going to be okay! I mean, I know he probably will be because the story would be hard to write without him, but still! Please keep up the excellent work and update soon!
Kusari-Gama 61602 chapter 22 . 2/17/2014
Awesome work, as usual. Thanks for taking the name Janet. - It makes me happy.

"Ten points to Gryffindor." *snort* Oh, Doctor. His complaint about his left heart always being the one shot was also entertaining. Scarlett wanting at least one of the twins to survive to dating age made me facepalm and laugh at the same time.

Uh-oh. What is Tommy going to do now that he knows Snake was almost named Jessica?

Snake-Eyes-ese is now an official language.

Aww, when Snake admits that he saw his parents. It must be unspeakably difficult to see your dead parents alive again with the knowledge that you can't go give them a hug. The story turned from ":D" to "D:" at that part. Good thing Scarlett got him to admit it to her.

Wonderful writing, as usual. Hopefully, the next update won't be too far in the future. Keep it up!
236 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »