Reviews for The Serpent Incident
1skyace chapter 15 . 2/11/2013
Just to let you know, I hold you personally responsible for forcing me to watch the entire set of the last 5 seasons of Dr Who! I had absolutely no interest in the series before reading your fic, I just enjoyed your GI Joe fics and thought, "why not check out this one?". And THEN, you had to go and make the Doctor sound so darn interesting! So, now I've seen every season since Christopher Eccleston, am waiting eagerly for season 7, and am considering going back to check out the original 1960's version. So DARN you, I think I'm becoming a fan! Can't complain about your version of the story, either. Quick question, has the Doctor met Amy Pond yet in your story?
Il'nyat Sha'sd chapter 15 . 2/8/2013
Greetings, human.

I am Il'nyat Sha'sd. I have only recently discovered this great trove of knowledge, and I must say that your work is undoubtedly one of the best. I would love to see more of this, as it is something quite impressive.

Your style of writing is a very good one; it shows the thoughts of a character, instead of just their actions. You have them explain their motives, and as such, weave a very neat web of fiction.

I hope that I will be able to see more of this. May both your quill and mind stay sharp.

Yours,
The Story Dragon
Bronwynn chapter 15 . 2/6/2013
Fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. This chapter really puts things into perspective - even for an enemy.
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 15 . 2/5/2013
. . . why do you have to keep writing three-dimensional characters? *sniffle* Stupid dust in my eye.
tigerwolfspellbear chapter 15 . 2/5/2013
A short, but interesting chapter. I like the view on this. Makes me almost feel bad for when we all know the doctor will come kick their butts. Almost.
general zargon chapter 15 . 2/5/2013
Hark! Is that the climax I see on the horizon? :) I really enjoyed this peek into the mind of the invading centipedes, and I actually feel sorry for Klk'hit - he doesn't seem like your typical villain. Congratulations on making a villain character that I maybe-kinda want to live...I thought you wrote the characters really well and kept the canon ones in character, so kudos for that! I loved the interactions between the Doctor and the Joes, and I hope for some fluff in coming chapters! Is Tommy going to get a glimpse of his mom? Please keep up the excellent work and update soon!
gamingkitty chapter 15 . 2/5/2013
If there were any chance of the Joes talking to Klk'hit, I think they'd get along.
TinySprite chapter 15 . 2/5/2013
Great explanatory chapter! I can't wait to see what happens next!
Quathis chapter 15 . 2/4/2013
Started off as just another alien wanting to take Earth out, and then the tone became a disillusioned soldier that wanted his family safe. From his own government. Hard not to feel for the guy. Especially with his apologies at the end. Very somber and fatalistic. Until next time.
Kusari-Gama 61602 chapter 13 . 1/26/2013
Awwwww... I liked the part with Storm and the Doctor best. It's nice to have him (sorta) regain his sanity. I've actually never looked into Doctor Who before, and I just so happened to pick up this story because - well - you're one of my favorite G.I. Joe authors (:3) So I don't really know much about Doctor Who other than the Tardis and the sonic screwdriver. So far, I'm giggling whenever he says, "Oi!" just because I've never heard anyone say that before.

I have a question though - who was the girl in Storm Shadow's memories? Is she Junko? O_O
Guest chapter 14 . 1/21/2013
I never ever (not anymore) comment on anything, but I really had to just this once.

This is just SO MUCH fun to read, and I really wanted to encourage you to see it through to the end. And beyond?
A fellow writer chapter 14 . 1/15/2013
This is one of the best crossovers I have ever read. My friends have continually told me to read Dr. Who, but it was only after your story that I am encouraged to read it.

It also has a wonderful plot and it delves into a character's details more specifically - and that's not very easy to do. I think that you have a great story as-is, but it may also work as a series.

That aside, I applaud your ingenuity with this whole concept. As Dr. Who would say, "It is brilliant, if I do say so myself, and I don't say that to just anyone, because, well, I'm comparing them to myself, and -"

(Aside) Yes. We get the point, but thank you for your input.

(Coughs) I love to see this fan fiction to the end, so please do keep writing.

May your pen stay sharp and your mind ever sharper,
S.
borusa chapter 14 . 1/13/2013
The Runaway Bride-true, he did kill the Empress and her children, but it wasn't an entire species.
Terror of the Vervoids-the Doctor is actually accused of genocide. He is proven innocent because the Vervoids were, it transpires, created by a scientist.
Image of the Fendahl-a Doctor Who book in 1983 said the problem here was that the Fendahl was death-and how do you kill death? The Doctor can only dispose of the skull.
Pyramids of Mars-how many Osirians die? Just one. Sutekh himself. If you kill the last man alive is it genocide? Plus he doesn't actually kill him, he just traps him in the time tunnel.
Bronwynn chapter 14 . 1/12/2013
I couldn't have enjoyed this chapter more if I tried. Sure, I was grinning like an idiot reading that private moment between Snake Eyes and Scarlett but I also really enjoyed the conversation between Breaker and The Doctor. Brilliant.
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 14 . 1/11/2013
I've been having a really shitty day. Still kind of am, to be honest. But things are looking brighter now that I've read this. :)

And no, that's not hyperbole. Breaker and the Doctor's conversation really picked me up. It's a good thought, isn't it? That we survive, right to the end of time itself. We don't have to be a hardy species, or even a particularly strong one, but damn we're inventive and persistent. Only living a century or so just means you fight that much harder in the time you do have.

So I hope Pratchett's Death is like the real one, and I hope your Doctor is right. Thanks for that.

Oh, and implied ninja smut and cuddles. Because d'awww.
236 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »