Reviews for The Serpent Incident
borusa chapter 14 . 1/13/2013
The Runaway Bride-true, he did kill the Empress and her children, but it wasn't an entire species.
Terror of the Vervoids-the Doctor is actually accused of genocide. He is proven innocent because the Vervoids were, it transpires, created by a scientist.
Image of the Fendahl-a Doctor Who book in 1983 said the problem here was that the Fendahl was death-and how do you kill death? The Doctor can only dispose of the skull.
Pyramids of Mars-how many Osirians die? Just one. Sutekh himself. If you kill the last man alive is it genocide? Plus he doesn't actually kill him, he just traps him in the time tunnel.
Bronwynn chapter 14 . 1/12/2013
I couldn't have enjoyed this chapter more if I tried. Sure, I was grinning like an idiot reading that private moment between Snake Eyes and Scarlett but I also really enjoyed the conversation between Breaker and The Doctor. Brilliant.
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 14 . 1/11/2013
I've been having a really shitty day. Still kind of am, to be honest. But things are looking brighter now that I've read this. :)

And no, that's not hyperbole. Breaker and the Doctor's conversation really picked me up. It's a good thought, isn't it? That we survive, right to the end of time itself. We don't have to be a hardy species, or even a particularly strong one, but damn we're inventive and persistent. Only living a century or so just means you fight that much harder in the time you do have.

So I hope Pratchett's Death is like the real one, and I hope your Doctor is right. Thanks for that.

Oh, and implied ninja smut and cuddles. Because d'awww.
Quathis chapter 14 . 1/9/2013
Good to see Snake and Scarlett are getting pampered by the TARDIS. Do you think she caters more to couples than singles? She strikes me as a romantic and a matchmaker, so it would make sense to encourage that. Better than her being a voyeur...

Breaker and the Doctor had good chemistry in their talk. Don't usually see someone able to have a meaningful and mostly friendly conversation with the Doctor. He has a hard time letting people get that close. Takes longer, and usually it's beautiful women. Nice to see him making a few more guy friends.

Until next time.
OhtarIstar666 chapter 14 . 1/9/2013
This is wonderful. I am really enjoying this.
Karama9 chapter 14 . 1/9/2013
Oh my, those poor Night Creepers... I can see FM and Ayame arguing over 'sharing' the kills.

I absolutely love the conversation between Breaker and the Doctor. Breaker doesn't get enough attention as far as I'm concerned... just because some people think he's dead. Which we both know he isn't. *sips drink as she floats on her boat past the pyramids*
TinySprite chapter 14 . 1/9/2013
Great chapter!
gandalf chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
He's doesn't say words like bloody, just because he has a cockney accent. If it makes you happy I won't look at this again.
gandalf chapter 14 . 1/9/2013
I've watched Doctor Who since 1981. The Vervoids weren't a genuine species, or at least a Doctor Who spin-off novel said so. They were an experiment. In Pyramids of Mars and Image of the Fendahl a single enemy was killed. Killing the last one doesn't count as killing a species. And for that matter, did he actually kill them? Sutekh was trapped in his time tunnel until he died of old age, and the Fendahl was still a danger, which is why it was dumped in a black hole. As for the Doctor being the Destroyer of Worlds and someone who can't be reasoned with, his enemies say that. Who called him the Destroyer of Worlds? Davros. If nothing else the Doctor swears in this fic, like I said last time. On television the worst word he's ever said is damn, which was considered bad once but isn't so much now.
CrystalOfEllinon chapter 1 . 1/8/2013
Hillary and Gandalf both; I'm going to post specific examples.
The Fourth Doctor destroyed the following species;
The Osirians (trapped the last member in an inescapable prison and abandoned him to his death)
The Fendahl (dropped the last members of the species into a supernova)
The Sixth Doctor destroyed the following species;
The Vervoids (to prevent them from killing all the humans on Hyperion 3).
The Tenth Doctor destroyed the following species;
The Racnoss (Killed the last queen and all of her thousands of children by drowning them)

These are not counting the deaths the Doctor has caused that did not result in the obliteration of an entire species. The new series is not all the Doctor Who there is. There are, in fact, eight other Doctors and twenty-six seasons more Doctor Who. Watch them before you think you know all there is to know about the Doctor.

In addition, I never claimed that the Oncoming Storm was another personality; It's a name that he's earned. The Ninth and Eleventh Doctors even use it to refer to themselves. It was given to him by people who'd seen what he was capable of when he was angry, or simply had decided that something couldn't go on.

The Doctor is a good man, and even a hero. But never doubt for a second that he is also a dangerous man; he is, in fact, the most feared single being in all the cosmos, and for a good reason. He can't be bargained with, or stopped. One day he just drops down out of the sky and tears your world apart if he doesn't like it. Many people and species have tried to stop him, and they've all failed.

Oh, and almost all of the Doctors are prone to an occasional "Damn!" or "Hell!" Again, watch the rest of the series.
hillary chapter 13 . 1/7/2013
Exactly which species has he killed? Gallifrey was Time-locked, and the Time Lords returned in The End of Time, so that's not definite. And as for the Daleks, there are always more Daleks. These genocides he's accused were not genocides, or at least, the Internet says that, not Doctor Who.
alphamikefoxtrot chapter 13 . 1/7/2013
AAAAAAAAHHH, read this in one sitting and I can safely say that this is the BEST crossover fic I've ever read. I admit I don't read that much crossover fic since most of them made me cringe, but this fic WINS. Fun fact: I'm not even in the G.I. Joe fandom. I've only seen the movie because Christopher Eccleston was in it and yet I stick to your fic like a melted jelly baby. Anyway. Please update soon! Cheers!
gandalf chapter 13 . 1/7/2013
This chapter says a lot of unfair things about the Doctor. Especially the stuff all the fanfics say about him being a mass murderer. Russell T. Davies has said that since Gallifrey was time-locked the Time Lords can be brought back if any writer of Doctor Who wants to. And the Oncoming Storm is something he's been called, it's not another personality. Anyway there was the moment in the earlier chapter where he swore. Which people think he must because of his cockney accent.
maxiefae chapter 2 . 12/24/2012
its bigger on the inside lolol
maxiefae chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
i am sooo having fun with this thank you
239 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »