Reviews for Jack Burton in the Land of the Dead
I love it is there more ?
Reading a Pulse chapter 1 . 2/25/2015
It's a shame this fic might not be finished. It looks like it'll be fun. You nailed the characterization and dialogue. While throwing a character from another story into a zombie apocalypse is a bit of an overdone concept on this site, pitting Jack Burton against the mindless undead is actually an excellent way of playing with what made Burton such a funny character: he isn't actually a badass, he only thinks he is. He may be good at killing slow, stupid monsters, but in a zombie apocalypse, that doesn't make you special. Everyone has to do that if they want to survive. So playing Burton's ego against other characters' vision of who he really is (a blowhard) could be fun.
WhenWorldsCollide2 chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
As a BTiLC fan, I can honestly say that I can see Kurt Russell saying every one of those lines. That deserves a well done, not everyone can get that just right.
BUT-
Been there, done that, bought the Boomstick.
Oh, one more thing... Just as an idea, if you're planning on carrying it on from there... Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart. They do a fine selection of lawnmowers, radios, chainsaws, fireworks, Remington Shotguns, etc, and the customer service is second to none.
Stay groovy.
danigirl chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
Love this, laughed my butt off!
callmeanon chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
You did quite possibly the best job possible staying accurate to Burton's character. The plot and dialogue was unique and entertaining and you even used proper grammar. I'd be hella interested to see you continue this, I'd read it.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Good so far. Write more. Would be interested in knowing how jack ended up in zombie land, and what happened to the other characters from btilc
Snake MacReady chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Hope you come back to this story to continue it. It was a very fun read.
Traser SyberJedi chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
You have a good start of a story here. I would like to see more.
a chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Definitely sounds like Jack Burton. Heh Jack and Tallahassee would be one hell of a team up.
Inari chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I think this is good, and you seem to have gotten Jack's character down well. Please continue, you've got my interest caught
Darkcloud02 chapter 1 . 8/1/2012
I thought this was hilarious as it hits the Burton persona damn near right on _ Looking forwards to your continuation of it.
roymattblack chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Well?
What's next?
Great stuff so far so don't stop!
Please keep going as I'd love more of Jack Burton. In one short chapter you've captured him really well.
Keep it up.
Roy.
J.M. Auger chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
I can't wait to read more of this story. Who doesn't love Jack Burton and his commentary. Zombies are a great fit for Jack, I can't wait to see who he picks up along the way during his adventure. By the way your Jack Burton is spot on.