Reviews for Forging A King
I know that this is a little late and you probably won't see this.. But the best deal I have ever gotten was: 3 PlayStation ones a Nintendo 64 and a super Nintendo all the cords and no controllers for $25 and every system worked
michaela.bluelight chapter 54 . 1/9
I love your story it is incredible, but one thing is not quite right everyone forgot about frodo. The ring is also important and they are just two hobbits.
Cybergades chapter 1 . 1/7
So I've not actually read your story so i won't bother commenting on the content thought the sentence structure looks good and so does the grammar.

Really the only reason I'm bothering to write a review is to comment on the fact that Harry is apparently gay in this (and like half the other stories in this genre). Now forgive me as your going to get the brunt of my frustrations on this subject as it just totally blows my mind and makes no sense to me whatsoever. I mean, where in the Harry Potter stories did it even hint at the possibility of Harry playing for the other team. In fact, he seemed pretty stuck on quite a few of the female persuasion.

I understand the concept of fanfiction, i really do. It's basically a license to do whatever the hell you want with the universe your writing it, but as a general rule of thumb, it's considered good form to at least make some token effort to ensure that what your writing is in line with at least the basic principals of that original universe. For instance, you want to pair Harry with your favorite slytherin chick... all the power to you. I've read several stories that did just that, which were in my opinion bloody amazing stories, but they did it in a way that was believable. There was back story showing how this match came about. He didn't just wake up one day, decide he liked silver and green better then red and gold, and jump on the closest slytherin he could find. My point is, these stories all worked, not because i particularly liked those pairings, but because under the particular circumstances laid out in that story, it seemed possible, perhaps even plausible that the pairings would end up in that way.

But nowhere in ANY of the books and movies does Harry show even the slightest hint that he might be gay. There is no back story that could be added that would make that plausible. That would be like writing a story where Tom Riddle is the good guy and Harry Potter is the evil little blighter trying to kill him. It's so far AU as to be unrecognizable. And don't get me wrong, I've got nothing against people being gay. Some of my very best friends are gay. I'm a hundred percent for equality, and same sex marriages and the whole nine yards. It's not that he's gay that bothers be so much as the fact that it doesn't make sense, that there is no way i can see it being explained that would make someone go, oh yeah, that could totally happen. And that kind of thing ruins stories for me.

Part of what makes reading so much fun is the ability to fall into the story and get whisked away into another world... to get lost in someone else s life for a short time and forget about whatever troubles await you in the real world. That doesn't work when there is something obviously out of place. The story has to flow together, it needs to fly off the pages, and that doesn't happen when your mind is stopping to say "WTF" every few hundred words because you've come across reference to something that doesn't fit with the characters you've come to know and love.

It's like, you know when you dream a dream that is so real you don't even know your dreaming. Like if you dream your falling and just before you hit the ground you wake up. The reason you don't know your dreaming is because the realism is there. You know under the right circumstances, that could ACTUALLY happen. On the other hand if you dreamed about a ham sandwich dancing on the table, you'd know right away it was a dream, because obviously a sandwich can't dance. It's that knee jerk subconscious response that instantly tells your body... hey this is fake. And that's why it ruins stories. And that's really too bad because the description for this story made it sound really interesting, and i know i won\t even be able to stand reading it now.

At any rate, sorry for the rant. I'm just frustrated by the fact that this entire genre seems to be dominated by people who want to live out their top ten gay fantasies, instead of stories that do justice to the possibilities I see with this particular genre.
catsanddrpepper chapter 21 . 1/4
You know you're getting in too deep when Harry yawns and you yawn too
fabul0u5 chapter 58 . 12/27/2015
I started reading this just about 27 hours ago, and I can say that it is one of the better reads I've gotten on

No but seriously, this shit was so fucking amazing its ridikkulus, and i love you for posting it so i could read it, and i hate you for depriving me of my sleep.

I'll go read the sequel now, so adios.
Lucy of Vulcan chapter 58 . 12/23/2015
I am so happy to have read this. you are amazing.
Duaimei chapter 58 . 12/20/2015
I know you finished this several years ago, but I wanted to thank you for this. It was written very well.

Have a merry Christmas.
Guest chapter 58 . 12/1/2015
loved it thank u for sharing it with us
VanriddleZ chapter 58 . 12/1/2015
It was fantastic, bright and you've really got to catch me from the first sentence to the end point. Thanks for taking some of your time to write this story. I'd also read a sequel, if possible, even with this story I'm content. We read later.
VanriddleZ chapter 7 . 11/29/2015
Awww, it was so sweet! I must say that I liked the kiss, than obtained with Cho Chang.
VanriddleZ chapter 6 . 11/29/2015
If I could pet my choice would be a phoenix, because they are strong, they have tears that can heal mortal wounds and her singing can instill courage when fear not let me continue.
VanriddleZ chapter 5 . 11/29/2015
If I had a power ring, I would like to have the power to change my form at will, whatever, I think queseria fun.
Probably no longer be valid this comment with the story already finished, but I wanted to leave my opinion.
Talonwalker chapter 58 . 11/7/2015
Great story, really enjoyed it
davycrockett100 chapter 58 . 11/6/2015
awesome
NemesisNecrosis chapter 56 . 11/1/2015
On days off, I read and go outside for walks and bike rides.
2,806 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »