Reviews for A Fair to Remember
Mahler Avatar chapter 3 . 7/17/2012
Another pleasant chapter, as we discover Kim Possible's accidental influence on L. Frank Baum. Funny though, that I don't remember ever seeing Shego in the Wizard of Oz. But if I had, I fear that tale would have had a much different ending...

MA
Mahler Avatar chapter 2 . 7/17/2012
Nice update with a slice of life from the gay 90's (which meant something a little different back then). And I can always count on your story's details as being historically accurate. I especially liked Rufus beating the dear Doctor in chess. Quickly on to the next chapter so I can catch up!

MA
Stormchaser90 chapter 4 . 7/16/2012
Enjoying the story so far. Have to wonder what gift Kim got for her dad, guess we'll find out later.

Didn't know Ron was into trains, bit of a surprise that. Guess he'll get on with my dad, since he works for London Underground.

It's great to see the Doctor's friend Drax again, one of his friends at the academy. I noticed you mis-spelt his nickname and had Drax call the Doctor 'Theet' when really it is 'Thete', short for Theta Sigma.

But what I been wondering is that this Drax is way in the Doctor's future, who knows the events on Atrios. I remember in a PM you sent back to me that the episode The Ribos Operation is still in the Doctor's future. Whereas you mention the events on Atrios, when really the Doctor encountered Drax on The Planet of Evil (who was employed by 'The Shadow' but agrees to help the Doctor), which takes place in the episode The Armageddon Factor, which is set way after The Ribos Operation.

I reckon you probably know about this already and the Doctor will have no clue to what his friend Drax is talking about, since this Drax is from five years into the Doctor's future. Still, I look forward to seeing what you got planned for the next chapter.

CajunBear73 chapter 4 . 7/15/2012
Another informative foray into the 1893 Fair. Interesting to 'see' things with eyes from decades long into the future. Quite the comparison of era's.

Now that they've met someone who is familiar with the Doctor, let's see who he is.

Muzzlehatch chapter 4 . 7/15/2012
I first heard "In a Persian Market" on a Boston Pops recording years ago when I was in college. Haven't heard it much since then.
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 2 . 7/15/2012
Year I'm coping and pasting the comment below since I didn't catch I was posting as a guest.
I don't like that new operation of this. I liked it better when I was stopped before posting is I wasn't logged int.

* * * * * * * * *

"Just then a woman's scream split the air," I do like that expression, never heard it before.

Nice description of the layout, my wife actually has a Chicago Worlds Fair coin that she inherited.

Can't wait to see what these three get into and will Kim and Ron run into their ancestors, Miriam and Johnathan perhaps?

Finally, I can't remember if the good Doctor ever explained how he gets money from the different eras and locations. He wouldn't counterfeit or steal, so how?

Thanks for coming up with this and taking the time to put it together.
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 4 . 7/15/2012
Nice chapter and I have to wonder who this person they've been following.
A real puzzle, nicely done.

I will also state I was right in believing the guest with them on the Ferris Wheel was L. Frank Baum.
You did do a great of of giving just enough to keep the reader guessing.

Can't wait for the next chapter to find out who this chap is.
Guest chapter 2 . 7/4/2012

Thanks for coming up with this and taking the time to put it together.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
A different crossover and it could be fun.
So in this instance the Doctor is riding only with K9 and not a young female companion.
Joe Stoppinghem chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
I maybe coming out out of left field for this one, but I'm betting that the family riding with Kim, Ron and the good Doctor was of L. Frank Baum, but I don't think the history matches, if you trust Wiki-pedia.

Thoroughly enjoying the crossover and wonder where they will lead next or if they mess up the timeline at all.

Thanks
CajunBear73 chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
A little excitement on the way to the Ferris Wheel, huh? The Doctor's right about the times and who would have been understood in stopping that thief. The times they are a changing, but not for some time.

Nice ride on the Ferris Wheel, too. But I wonder if someone got a seed planted towards a future career?

Time would tell?

Stormchaser90 chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
Ah such a joy to read this tale, I do enjoy a good Doctor Who story, even one with Kim in.

So, 'niece' eh? At least the Doctor didn't say daughter or even Kim may have found it 'awkweird'.

Fun little tibits of trivia in this story, your wonderful writings continue to amase me. I'll look forward to the next chapter.

Guest chapter 2 . 7/2/2012
Stupendous! Fabulous! And historically impeccable! Seems I've heard this story somewhere before. Could it have been at the WordCrafters? Stay tuned for Chapter 3, folks!

Scott Simerlein :-)
Stormchaser90 chapter 2 . 7/3/2012
Fantastic work here, I really enjoyed this chapter.

Man, I kinda wish I was at that fair, LOL. I must say that this is a fanfic I'm really enjoying, I'm definetly adding this to my favorites.

So they're gonna take on a pickpocket in the next chapter, eh? I have a feeling that if Kim goes all hero mode in the bad guy, the crowd will find it unusual (and a little amusing) that a lady beats up a man.

I eagerly await your next chapter.

CajunBear73 chapter 2 . 7/1/2012
Their Canadian Uncle is treating them to a very good time it seems.

But those pesky pickpockets, almost as bad at interruptions as those Daleks or Cybermen? LOL!

34 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »