Reviews for Shredding Destiny
ImperfectIsPerfect chapter 8 . 5/28
Absolutely wonderful story, and I have to congratulate you for it's originality. You did a great job writing this little "piece of written art" ;)
Guest chapter 8 . 8/11/2015
Oh my goodness. Oh my GOODNESS. That was incredible. It was absolutely, totally, entirely and one hundred percent incredible and now I don't even know what to do with myself so I think I'm just going to sit here and bawl for the the rest of eternity. Mate, that was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
Guest chapter 2 . 3/3/2015
You said you don't like reading through the Merlin rehashes. I don't either, and you handled this one well. Thanks!
mersan123 chapter 8 . 2/11/2015
Wow, what a wonderful story! Your plot with the gods and Emrys magic was beautifully written. I just wish to pass on how much I enjoyed this story. Quite different too. Your version of Merlin was very special. Still the humble and kind hearted lad yet all powerful. And finally Arthur grew up and did the right thing. The scenes with Morgana - brilliant.
Many thanks for this one. It will be on my "read again" list for sure!
NeverTooMuchInspiration chapter 8 . 1/18/2015
Very nicely done, and you actually kept him dead for a full year which was probably to Arthur's general benefit. And you saved Morgana, which is not as common with these reveal stories. Thank you for posting!
Katzcreate chapter 8 . 1/13/2015
I loved it, so poetic!
thebondgirl chapter 8 . 12/27/2014
How did I not review this before now? I read this ages ago, and ADORED IT. Beautiful, and heartbreaking and uplifting all in one, especially reading this last bit between Arthur and Merlin about Merlin's peek at the future, knowing how the series ultimately ended. Can't say enough good about this - a definite favourite!
Rachelle Lo chapter 8 . 8/23/2014
Ah, what a wonderful story. It has a mix of legend and the mundane that I like. I enjoyed all of it!
Linorien chapter 8 . 6/28/2014
Aww That is so beautiful! As much as I don't like Merlin dying, I like that for once Arthur had to be the one to move forward all by himself and hold Merlin's fate in his hands. And the lesser gods are so childlike, its great. This whole story is great. I wish there was more but at the same time it is a perfect ending. Well done.
wryter501 chapter 8 . 4/8/2014
i figured (for figured read desperately hoped) that you'd bring merlin back, but i must say you made everyone wait longer than i thought... :P but that makes it better, somehow, for this story!
it made me a little sad, that hint at the end, that they don't have all that much time... but i guess that's canon for the series, after all...
wonderfully done!
wryter501 chapter 3 . 4/8/2014
i love gwaine's pov at the beginning of the chapter, you can see just what merlin's going through, how gwaine feels about it - trying to help, but ultimately nothing can. he's very perceptive, though, of merlin's basic character, that he can't 'feel better' the way gwaine does, in the tavern with wine and women... it's very like merlin to blame himself, and also not to 'fit in' anywhere else... there's so much to him, and casual acquaintances can't even begin to understand/appreciate...
wow, some dark magic...
ImarealfanxD chapter 8 . 2/8/2014
That was beautiful, I cried. Oh my god I'm so sensitive
Auto Cerebral Star chapter 7 . 12/3/2013
"John Farmer"... Thank you for that. XD
Elaine du Lac chapter 8 . 12/3/2013
This ending is just amazing! I loved how you used Christian elements to tell a pagan story (Nativity story, miraculous spring of water), mixing in various mythologies into the Merlin-verse. And the Ballad of Merlin! It's such a unique and brilliant idea I'm amazed no other fanfic author in the Merlin fandom has ever written about it (that I've read before)!
Elaine du Lac chapter 5 . 12/2/2013
Yay! For some Mergana! I always preferred to think of Morgana as redeemable!