Reviews for Glacial Fire
fahRENheit2006 chapter 43 . 7/26/2013
Brief mental image of Vega as a sweaty, mohawk'd Morpheus. Which either makes Ash an Agent or Neo... Yea, that's weird.

I'm surprised neither Ash nor Vega were curious about Sam's choice of sparring partner. Or at the very least they should have sat down with popcorn.

But I am glad Sam called Liara out on letting Shepard destroy her. Liara deserves better AND IT'S TIME SHE REALIZED IT.

- Ren
YamCakes chapter 43 . 7/26/2013
Oh gawd, Liara and Traynor. LORD HELP ME PLEASE.
sherryE chapter 43 . 7/26/2013
Good chapter. But ugh, Liara and Traynor.
OriginalAlcy chapter 43 . 7/26/2013
There was definitely a very clear distinction between the two halves of this chapter. The first was almost light-hearted...well, as possible as it is for GF to be light in any way ;-) There was some great banter between James and my favourite gal Ashley. I love the very physical act of combat to work out frustrations, however as much as I sort of wanted to see Liara and Sam get serious with their workout, I'm pleased it didn't come to trading blows between them. I don't think that would be healthy for either of them.

I absolutely adored Sam's speech where she labelled Liara as broken and she wants to fill the empty places.

I am intrigued by Liara's reaction to the simple touch, a possible hint at healing...and happiness? C'mon, this is GF, is anyone even allowed to be happy? I'm terrified that all it will take to screw it up is for Shepard to come along.

Great chapter, Owel, some signs of healing and a hint at redemption but there's still a long way to go (an exceptionally long way for you, my friend, because I haven't forgotten that you killed Miranda ;-) )
Corentin IV chapter 43 . 7/26/2013
*yes yes yes yes yes*

That is all.

No it's not. I love this chapter, not just for the interaction between Sam and Liara but maybe even more so for the banter between Ash and Vega, which just feels so cheeky and natural. I love the fact their protective instinct has come out for Sam and their dialogue in this is pitch-perfect. Sam sounds either like she's had an epiphany or has totally disassociated from her previous experience with Liara, which would be worrying.

I am concerned for Liara - she is behaving more and more like a hollowed out ghost of her old self (and quite a creepy one at that.)

BUT I have a horrible feeling that you twisted person will drop Shep back into all this like a grenade - and we'll have to watch the explosion. *peers through fingers at screen*
WordKrush chapter 43 . 7/26/2013
ASARI BLUE TOENAIL POLISH! WOOT! :D

Is it bad of me that I want to send Shep and encrypted message that says "See? This is what you get for sending Liara away, a**hole!"

Also: Thank you, Ash for dragging James away. Well played, Spectre. Your timing is impeccable.

This chapter is fantastic. I love that you steer us back to a more authentic Sam and reestablish the most important ways in which she is different from Shep. She isn't bitter, angry, or broken. She isn't self-serving. There's no hidden agenda or twisted power dynamic. Here you show us how resilient Sam is, and (even if she can't throw a punch) that she's a bit more of a fighter than she was. She's frazzled by jacket-less Liara yet makes no real move to hide it. Instead she's honest about her feelings. She owns them, and in doing so reinforces not only that she cares, but that she isn't blind to the ways in which Liara is broken. It doesn't surprise me when Liara doesn't know what to say after Sam's poignant admission. Sam is refreshingly normal, and Liara has never known normal.

Ah, Liara. I love how Liara never verbalizes her feelings, but her actions/observations indicate them just as clearly. She remembers Sam's soft hands. She's scoping out Sam in her practical yet sexy workout garb. She's willing to take Sam's punch (Thank you Sam, for pointing out that you are NOT Shepard here...omg). Then there's the info she provided to Sam about her cousin AND a commando guarded compound? Nice job, Shadow Broker. Liara obviously still has feels all over the place for Traynor.

I loved the simple smile at the end. When was the last time Liara smiled because of Shep? OMG Has she ever? In a story that has been beautifully, brilliantly angry from the beginning, it's great to see Liara experience a flash of happiness...and I'm glad it's because of Traynor.

I never thought I'd say this, but for *this* story...damn, Liara/Traynor FTW!
the.subverter chapter 43 . 7/26/2013
I really want Samantha and Liara to be endgame. I don't know how Liara has resisted her this long! How many more chapters are left? I need to know if I need to stop devouring them the moment they come out.
YamCakes chapter 42 . 7/24/2013
Although Shepard here is acting like an unforgivable bitch, I don't think I can bring myself to hate her. She is... an interesting character, to say the least.
Also, another vote for the angry sex. They both seem to be the dominant types in bed so it would be interesting to see how that plays out. Would be nice if Shepard ends up... putting the pirate queen in her place ;)
the.subverter chapter 42 . 7/21/2013
Shepard is a hot mess. I have such a love/ hate relationship with her. Usually I want to strangle her and sometimes I think she's just great. Regardless, I did a little dance when this updated. I was at work and snuck a read (bad me) but I couldn't help myself. I will cheer for the angry sex with Aria/Shepard if it so happens. And will eagerly await the next chapter.
rabastan04 chapter 42 . 7/19/2013
i have to admit, i'm very interested in aria's character as well and if liara wasn't present (and i'm still hoping for a shepard/liara ending here, even though sometimes it feels like hanging off a 40 foot drop by my fingernails), i'd love to see them together. would you ever consider writing a shepard/aria fic though?

anyway, thanks for the update. always appreciate it. :)
Guest chapter 42 . 7/18/2013
Seems as though something always stops Shepard from getting laid.
-Liara catches Shepard and Traynor 'in the act'
-Shepard accidentally hurts Liara's wound
-She is unable to 'fuck' the Asari stripper
-Liara catches her and Traynor yet again
Let's just hope Shepard will get lucky this time. She can use some stress relief.
Guest chapter 42 . 7/18/2013
Something tells me they're going to have VERY angry sex...
Corentin IV chapter 42 . 7/18/2013
I really want Liara and Traynor to end up together in this (and you tilt tantalisingly from one to another, dammit) ... and yet this chapter does joltingly bring me back to Shep's humanity, and the fact she knows perfectly well what she might be losing. Those four words - I wont spoil for others - god, the power and the honesty right there is hard to bear. The effects on Shep we haven't seen until now - a brilliant way to make us think over the past chapters we've read, her wierd and horrible behaviour, and try to see Shep another way. Until Rannoch Shep was a much more sympathetic character and my loyalties were much more even. Then she froze. Is this the thaw?

And we still dont know how far Shep and Aria's, er, exchange went... oooh, you're such a tease. I love it. Great chapter.

(And I love Aria's consummate sarcasm...)
Yestare70 chapter 42 . 7/18/2013
Description of emotions, thoughts - verrrry well done, compliments!

Shep still wants Liara, and she can and will be a better person T'Soni, RIGHT?
Yestare70 chapter 41 . 7/18/2013
Aethyta making a pass at Sam Traynor... excellent.

Got recommended to your story a few weeks ago, and it has been a blast! Like most, I root for Shep and Liara to be together, and it can happen - you make it happen!
637 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »