Reviews for Up From the Ashes
MiSaNaHyu chapter 10 . 1/2
please update! it's been a year already
Vicki b chapter 7 . 4/12/2014
Oh and my name is Vicki B( a wrote to latest review)
Guest chapter 10 . 4/12/2014
Omg u got to make more chapters keep me posted and do u like the show Wild kratts?
AllisonReader chapter 10 . 1/20/2014
I don't find Anastasia to be that drastic of a change, sometimes it's easier to "someone" you "don't" know, to show her true colours. Since we don't really hear her inner monologue, she could be feeling quite guilty and romantic but doesn't want to show it because she is afraid of what her mother and sister would do, so she plays along. before Cinderella's fairy godmother showed up, it was definitely giving off a hopeless feel even without the dress. I also get the feeling that part of the magic from the fairy godmother must make Cinderella familiar but not recognizable to her step family.
spatterson chapter 9 . 1/19/2014
Good, only one thing: You misspelled completely the magic words. They really go like this:
Fairy Godmother: Sala-gadoola-menchika-boo-la Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Put 'em together and what have you got?
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Sala-gadoola-menchika-boo-la Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
It'll do magic believe it or not
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Now Sala-gadoola means a menchika-boolaroo
But the thing-a-ma-bob that does the job
is Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Chorus: Sala-gadoola-menchika-boo-la Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
Put 'em together and what have you got?
Bibbidi-bobbidi, Bibbidi-bobbidi, Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo
spatterson chapter 8 . 1/3/2014
Even though you didn't have the dress-ripping scene from the movie, you were able to make Cinderella's loss of hope appear likely. And I would have liked it better if Anastasia and Drizella would have witnessed Cinderella's Fairy Godmother's appearance.
Nicole chapter 10 . 1/2/2014
I like your story it is very good. Anastasia has to stay kind. It is clear that she is struggeling with herself and that she want to be kind to other people. It is clear for the reader that she is changing her behaviour. I look forward to read your next chapter.
spatterson chapter 10 . 1/2/2014
Wow. Looks like Anastasia is changing. Continue! Good job! Especially with Cinderella's Fairy Godmother!
CocoRocks chapter 10 . 1/2/2014
Yay I can finally review again. Marvelous work. I love what you have planned in here.
AngelFace273 chapter 10 . 1/2/2014
I think that Anastasia could use a little tweaking in the earlier chapters to appear a little more sympathetic, but not much. I would think that she'd just act cold around Cinderella to appease her mother's wishes, while Drizella would be rude because she doesn't know better (I just see Drizella as the ditzier of the two).
So far, I'm really enjoying your story, as it's addressing the few issues I had with the movie. I just have one kinda big critique: the dialogue is a little too formal. I know that noble society and fairy tales alike are more formal-sounding by definition, but you could definitely relax it a little. Try to mimic how people normally speak, then add a bit of formality only if the situation requires it.
I hope this' helpful.
ElizabethAnneSoph chapter 10 . 1/2/2014
Oh brilliant! Okay cinderella's childhood have not been pleasant! But she do get to go to the ball! Hurrah! And Cinderella and the prince have met before! I wonder if Prince William will remember?!
And Anastasia is such a complicated character, she seemed sweet enough before the stepmother began poising her and druzella towards Cinderella! So I think that the idea of Gregory and Anastasia is brilliant! I couldn't help but laugh so heartily at it! I was so sad that cinderella's childhood was so bad but I think it more than likely to be true to the times. Romantic sucker indeed! More romance please?!

spatterson chapter 7 . 1/2/2014
Here's an idea for the scene where Anastasia and Drizella tear apart Cinderella's dress: Like, after they tear it apart, Cinderella must push them away from her and yell "My animal friends made this for me, and you ruined their work!" Then she should run to the garden. Curious to where Cinderella is going, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella follow her and the rest of the scene is where they meet Cinderella's Fairy Godmother and so forth (The Fairy Godmother must sing "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo" like she did in the movie). And you can use my idea if you want.
ElizabethAnneSoph chapter 7 . 1/2/2014
Okay seriously Prince William is a really good guy, he is taking these balls much better than I thought he would! And prudence and the grand duke why can't they see that they are a brilliant match? The king is such a desperate father trying to get to know his son again.
Unforgettable night indeed! Can't wait for more!

ElizabethAnneSoph chapter 4 . 1/1/2014
Fantastic chapters! I can't wait to see more of Prince William and the two noble men who could be excellent matches for Drizella and Anastasia! This is going to be good! Can't wait! Happy new year

spatterson chapter 2 . 10/3/2013
Why isn't there a new chapter? Continue!