Reviews for Date With Destiny
Saissa chapter 1 . 10/9/2014
So why didn't Sandberg just go to the police academy like he always wanted to?
It's only for a few months,. Jim could be on cold cases or desk duty during that time...

But otherwise this was a great story.
BW53086 chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I liked it!

Susan M. M chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Very nice! I liked Commissioner McPherson lumping the Sentinel/Guide team in with the psychics. If anyone ever does find the paper trail, they'll dismiss it as mere mumbo-jumbo, yet with the duplicate files she have Jim's abilities documented for her successor ... or if absolutely necessary, for testimony given quietly in the judge's chambers rather than in open court.
dreamweaver3 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Well...glad that the Commissioner approved Blair's status as a consultant, but she's sure got a stranglehold on them now! I hope that doesn't come back to bite them in the future.
Aisha Salke chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
First let me start with an apology, I did just read the prequel to this story but I didn't leave a review (I couldn't make myself wait to read this one) so this review will cover mainly this story but will also make mention of "Blair Sandburg, PhD" but not too much as I thoroughly enjoyed it. Truthfully, I enjoyed both of your stories immensely and I hope that you'll continue to write for this series.

Review-wise, I have only two things to say and only one of those could be considered 'constructive' advice; though they're both more my own opinion than anything else, so feel free to ignore them if you don't agree/like them.

The first has to do with your line: "In a high pressure situation, this can become dangerous, and has become dangerous many times."

The line itself seemed a little redundant, to me, with the double use of 'become dangerous' the way it is. I think that it would read a little smoother as: "In a high pressure situation this can, and has, become dangerous many times."

The second is just a pet peeve of mine and that was the logic that the Commissioner used in the line: "Careful, gentlemen. Remember, I could have simply let Professor Sandburg's observer status run out and had you deal with the consequences. I think you should consider yourselves lucky you got out of this with the deal that I gave you. Are we clear on that?"

Technically, they didn't have to tell her anything to begin with; Ellison could have just quite and become self-employed, like a guard or perhaps a P.I. (though I don't think he'd truly be happy with those options, they are still viable options). Like I said that's my pet peeve, 'authority figures' over-thinking their power/influence (or those that abuse it but she isn't so that doesn't apply here).

Overall, I think you did a pretty flawless job on the story and its plot; I also think that you captured not only the characterizations/personalities of those involved but I also think that you caught the dynamic of their relationships. Jim's interactions with Simon, Simon's with Blair, and Blair's with Jim's were done with the same feel that the series created.

I really have to applaud the 'commonsense' that you added to the plot of the canon when you mentioned that Blair wasn't going to be able to keep his thesis on sentinels without doing major damage to Jim, and later followed up with Blair's actions of not only realizing that but ensuring that it didn't come about.

I realize (in the show) that Blair was excited with the prospect of his 'dream' coming true with the discovery of a true sentinel but he really didn't think that whole thing through and it came back and bit him badly. I liked your take on that premise, how you made Blair come in touch with his commonsense a little more without losing the personality that made him him.

Sorry, I got off tangent; I did love reading this (and "Blair Sandburg, PhD") and I truly enjoyed your take on the series. I hope that you'll continue to create such unique and genuine takes on that premise.
phnxgrl chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
I loved this story. I loved the contract Blair had to sign to become a consultant. I loved the test of Jim's abilities. Too Funny! I loved the last lines. I loved how the commissioner muttering to herself Triggered Jim's laugh attack! Kudos!