Reviews for If I Only Had a Heart
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
You should look into information for the Agents of Shield tv show. It has a major spolier that you might like
Crystal M. Key chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
D'awww, that was adorable. Thanks! Favorite quotes:

Eventually it was determined that, yes, he was awake and, yes, they could go see him, yes, right now Mr. Stark, and the discussion of the things Fury had coming to him came to a temporary cease fire.

"The only difference it has from a natural heart is that, because it uses twin turbines and some other shit that I'm not even going to pretend to understand…"

Ten minutes had passed before Tony made a slight hum of discovery.

"Never thought you'd be the first, Phil."

"Not sure what you're talking about," Phil answered, his voice only the slightest bit strained.

Tony was practically beaming. "You've got my baby in you."

There was an awkward moment of silence in the room.

"Okay, I know that there are a lot of things I don't understand in the modern world but that one is definitely impossible," Steve blurted, his cheeks and the tips of his ears a bright pink.

"It's not what you think," Phil said with a sigh. "And please never, ever utter that phrase again, Mr. Stark."

"What's it… How does it feel?"

"I won't lie. It's somewhat disheartening."

The room was quiet again. Until Tony snorted in laughter.

"Was that a joke? Did I just hear you joke?" he prodded.

"Contrary to popular belief, I do have a sense of humor," Phil responded, settling back and closing his eyes briefly.

"—and I'm going to feed the rest of the kids their lunch," Pepper said with an amused smile.

Phil huffed a quiet laugh. "Don't know what we'd do without you."

He and Fury spent most of their time arguing over when he would be cleared for work. Hill would sneak him files on the sly. Fury would steal the files back while he was sleeping. Hill would give him her 'do you see what you've left me with?' look and he really couldn't blame her. Fury had apologized about the trading cards, at least.

Steve was by far his most frequent visitor. As it turned out, he really was serious about getting to know each other. It started out tentatively at first, the casual exchange of hometown stories (Brooklyn and Boston weren't really all that different when you got right down to it) that eventually developed into long, personal conversations. They had more in common than either of them would have thought. They'd both been small, smart kids who'd just wanted to do the right thing, which more often than not meant they shuffled home bloody nosed and bruised from ear to elbow.

"I can't picture you as the type to go pick a fight," Steve admitted.

"I won't lie and say that I didn't know what I was doing, but I never threw the first punch. I'd just talk until they got fed up enough to hit me," Phil replied.

Steve huffed a laugh and ran a hand through his hair. "Boy, that sounds awfully familiar."

By the time Phil was ready to be released from S.H.I.E.L.D.'s medical facility, the Avengers Tower was just being newly christened. This meant, of course, that Thor was present. Which meant that Phil was embraced with almost enough force to send him back to the medical facility. Thankfully he managed to avoid that fate and only had to tell Thor to stop apologizing three times.

Phil detested physical therapy, but he detested being a desk jockey even more, so he put up with it.

With a look like the one Thor gave him, he decided, Steve had some serious competition in the 'kicked puppy look' department.
Heather chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
Cute fluffy ending! Liked the fic! :D
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
I love this story :D
delete this account kthnx chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Not gonna lie, I thought of the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz when I saw the title. Then of Coulson as the Tin Man. Great, now I can't get it out of my head...

On a more serious note, this is wonderfully written; very true to each character's personality, especially Coulson's and the Cap's. I love their scene at the end - I'm guessing there'll be more like it if you continue with this?

Also, Capsicoul is a /fabulous/ ship name. I mean... wow. But yeah, Pepperony is pretty fabulous too
Flyorfall chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Thank you for writing this. It is hard to find good Cap/Coulson fics, and now there is another one. And your characterization is much better than mine, your Coulson is perfect, he would never tell anyone about his problems or let them help him. Sorry I am still squeeing a little bit. Its very good please update soon. : )