Reviews for Ursa Minor
DarkSecretWaterbender chapter 1 . 4/27/2013
I like it!
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Your story makes me think of how a large portion of the film was originally supposed to take place in the snow. But I like your idea here of how Merida gets bored with the restrictions of being much closer to the castle during the cold weather. I also believe that Elinor would also be bored, but because she is a very proud woman, she would never admit it.

So Merida's disappointed that if she's not going to bed now, she'll have to endure one of her mother's lessons...but she'd be surprised that it's learning about certain stars and their significances. That one story about the bear makes me think of Elinor as a bear later in life...was that supposed to happen? ;)

Cool idea here. I really love the mother-daughter relationship in this movie, partly because it looks very real and it hits kind of close to home with me.
PhantomPhoenix4 chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Loved it! It was very clever of you to make the constelation connection! Plus, Did you know the movie was originally going to be set during winter? This was perfect, I could picture this as the prologue scene for the movie instead of what Pixar did. Don't get me wrong i love pixar but that scene didn't do it for me. This would have had more relitive foreshadowing and then Pixar could have used the snow simulations they had created it pre-production! Sorry was ranting a bit there but yeah good fic!
Rapunzeline chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
This is beautiful! You've really captured the essence of these characters; this feels like it could be a missing scene from the movie. I love how you wove in the bears/mother-daughter motifs; lovely job––until I got to your notes at the end, I actually thought that story about Ursa Minor and Ursa Major was a real legend! It amazed me, both in the movie and in your story, how Elinor is able to connect so well with her daughter even when they're so different. Really wonderful story!
Namara Jane Knight chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
I agree, the movie was excellent! I thought it would be more action-packed too, but I am very satisfied with it. There were a lot of lessons in it, ones that parents and children alike need to learn. One major one for the parents to see is to listen. Queen Elinor always said Merida was the one who didn't listen, when in reality, it was Elinor who needed to pull the cotton from her ears. I found it a very good movie. And this story was absolutely adorable. I loved it.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Wow, I just loved this story. That first bite of winter is described so beautifully, it actually made me pine for a chance to explore the scenery created here.

Queen Elinor is certainly my favorite character and just, kudos on writing her - very well done. 'Loved it.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
I love this! Waiting for more! *:.。. o()o .。.:*
Celestial Rainstorm chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
This is quite possibly THE BEST Brave fanfiction I have read. I saw the movie and it kept me laughing, and yes, crying. I love the fluff and the intertwining of the film and fic here. Beautiful.
Graystripe64 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Oh goodness, this is ABSOLUTELY perfect! Perfect in every way! Everyone's so in character, the scottish setting is still tangible, the dialogue is even in accent form! Jeese, this is utterly beautiful! The mother/daughter theme is also as strong as ever! God, I just wanna hug the crap outta this fanfic! 3 3 3 Please tell me you'll write more "Brave" fics - you're too good at it to stop! I promise, I'll read every single one!

Adding this to my favorites for sure! Wonderful work!
Avatarcatz2323 chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
This is so sweet! I love it! Great writing skills, and I really love how it's also totally clean! Love it, love it, love it!

You an awesome writer, Blackfire! Thanks so much for writing this story! I love the relationship between Merida and her mother.

-Avatarcatz2323-
LyricalMedley chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
This story was amazing! I loved how Elinor was able to capture Merida's attention...And together they both shared in the wonder of the beautiful story!
dbfox007 chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
Your telling of this tale was spend and keeping in character for both Elinor and Merida. I hope to see more to come!
Hatts chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
This is so great! I love the details. Part of what captured me right off in the movie was Pixar's attention to the details of Scotland and I feel like you did just the same thing right here with the language and the setting. Really well done.

Please, please, PLEASE write another. Brave needs to be continued and you've done such a good job with this one. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd love to read whatever you turn out.