Reviews for Hold On, Hold On
Thumana chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
This is beautiful. Ike's confusion and distress at the beginning are palpable, even more so than his weariness, which is also clear. (Which is how it IS, right? You get up exhausted and you struggle all day and when it's time for bed you just can't sleep because your brain won't stop. And if you do get to sleep you wake in the middle of the night to think some more and when you finally start to nod off it's time to get up. I don't have to be told to know you've been there.)

Ike may think it's a little odd that his internal voice of reason sounds like Soren, but I don't. I wouldn't expect it to sound like anyone else. He's had so much sensible advice from Soren already, after all. Of course, it also shows that Soren's important to him. Just another of your little insights into how people think.

I love how hyper-aware Ike is of the physical contact between him and Soren. And how awkward Soren is about it; yet he's determined to do it, because he wants to help Ike feel better. Soren's determined to make sure Ike gets some sleep, too, even if it takes drugs to achieve it. Of course, he succeeds on both counts. Ike's right to say, "Right, I won't be underestimating you, then. Just like usual."

And this exchange:

"Yeah, but you don't have idols or anyone you love or respect," Ike said.

Soren looked at his hands. He pulled out a pouch from one of his many pockets and toyed with it a moment. "Mine has yet to let me down."

"Wow, even you believe in something. It sort of gives me hope."

- was just perfect. So delightful to see Ike inspired by Soren's faith and devotion, yet not realising Soren is talking about him.

At the end, when Soren says, "I'm only glad to be of service, Ike," it reminds me of the end of POR. Soren says something very like that if you don't have A support between them. Deliberate?
ShadowTacticianVI chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
Awww I love SorenxIke

Nice writing and all the hints from Ike's point of view! Hope to see more in the fandom!
Rosage chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
I already said everything I have to say on LJ, but just wanted to reiterate that I loved this. :D
ReoPlusOne chapter 1 . 6/25/2012
So deeply psychological and beautiful, you captured the characters perfectly - I could see this absolutely being a cutscene in the game!